PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this?

monkeycity
04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
This just goes to show how Disney service is such a step ahead of everyone else. I hope that CM gets some sort of recognition.

Lost Rings Dug Out Of Disney World's Trash
Mass. Couple Mistakenly Throws Rings Away

POSTED: 2:05 pm CDT April 22, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Walt Disney World seems to have worked its magic on a Massachusetts couple who accidentally threw away three platinum and diamond wedding rings.

Paul and Karen Campanale and their kids stayed at a villa while visiting the park in Orlando.

While tidying up as they prepared to leave, Paul Campanale dumped a cardboard bowl, not knowing the container inside it held his wife's engagement, wedding and five-year anniversary rings.

"I was trying to get everything all packed up and ready to go, and I went to put my rings on, and that's when I realized they were gone. And I asked my husband if he had seen them," Karen Campanale said.

But Paul Campanale had taken the bag of trash to the resort's trash room, reported WCVB-TV in Boston.

"He took the trash out and brought it to the trash recycling room. And from there it went to this massive trash room for the hotel," Karen Campanale said.

The family went to park employees asking for help but were told that finding the rings was all but impossible, so the family took a flight home.

But then the executive housekeeper realized that trash from the villa hadn't yet reached the trash compactor. So he and seven other volunteers donned protective clothing, emptied a parking lot bin and waded through bag after bag of rubbish to find the rings -- which they did.

Here we go again...
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Now that is true Disney Magic at work.! :mickey:

droopy d.
04-23-2008, 09:44 AM
That is a great story and not to hard to believe coming from Disney.

Piglet822
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
You can follow the discussion here in News and Rumours:

Disney Workers Recover Wedding Rings Mistakenly Thrown Away (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131731#post1610773)

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Such a wonderful story.

pink
04-23-2008, 08:17 PM
What a great story- thanks for sharing! :mickey:

JPelle76
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
OMG!!! That is so amazing. They really do go above and beyond for their guests!

Melanie
04-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Please follow the link Jeanne provided for discussion. :mickey: