PDA

View Full Version : The nicest thing happened to me today.

DisneyWhirled
04-23-2008, 09:05 AM
The nicest thing happened to me today. First, a little background. I purchase my AM coffee from the same Dunkin Donuts daily on my way to work. I have been doing this since '05, and have come to know some of the employees (not by name, just by face). They are very friendly and I try to be the same, despite my groggy AM demeanor.

When I approached the drive through this morning to pick up my much needed iced coffee, the girl at the window told me that I was all set this morning, and the coffee was on the house. I was quite suprised. When I asked why, she simply responded that it was because I was so nice to them. Wow!! My, "have a great day" goodbye really made that much of an impact to someone? Was this a random act of kindess?

Regardless of what the reason was, they really made my day! It is amazing how something small and suprising can really make a difference. I promise that I will do something nice for someone in the next few days...will you?

hooberry
04-23-2008, 09:19 AM
:thumbsup:wow ,awesome, you should write a letter about them to dunkin donuts, I work in customer service and sooooo many times we get complaints about service but very seldom do we hear when people are doing things right:thumbsup: I try to do this as often as possible for people who work in the service industry, since they don't often get the recognition they deserve. on more than one occasion I've even received coupons from the company, bonus for me:D

Tinkerfreak
04-23-2008, 09:26 AM
This happened to me a few months ago at Starbucks. I was just having a bad day and I guess the girl at the counter (Emily) could tell this because she said this one is on us. When I said thanks she said you look like you are having a bad day and we want to make it a little better. I was like wow how did you know. She said it was because I am there all the time and I am always so bubbly and friendly and I was not that way today so I must have been having a bad one.
I told DH about this and he said "thats very nice dear but I think it also indicated that you are going to Starbucks too much when they know your personality and you know the baristas by name":D

kakn7294
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
How great for you Karen! I can't imagine that you wouldn't be nice to someone so you deserve it!

PirateLover
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
What a nice morning surprise! I'm sure you deserve it:number1::D

ncscgirl2005
04-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I love when this happens. When I worked at McDonalds as a teen we would do the same thing on occassion. It really makes a difference.

DisneyDog
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I love doing unexpected things for people while I am at work. Now, my services are free (I'm a librarian), but still, too see the look on a patron's face when you find them something they were looking for is just priceless (and such a Disney thing to do!).

A few weeks ago, an older couple (70's) was trying to look up a recipe on the Internet that they had seen prepared on the Food Network. They were arguing a bit because neither one really knew what they were doing. I asked if I could help, but neither wanted to admit that they couldn't find it. I was working at the computer next to them, and heard exactly what they were looking for. I quick ran into the back room, did a quick search, found it, printed it, and ran after them as they were walking out the door (they had given up). The woman was SO happy and asked for my name and introduced herself.

I just love being able to do little things like that for people!

TikiGoddess
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I did my good deed today -- I heard one of the second grade teachers talking to her class in the hallway while they were waiting to go into the lunchroom. She was keeping the kids busy with trivia about Japan, which is what they're studying right now. I heard her say, "So true or false: There is a Disneyland in Japan."

The kids guessed false. We had a nice talk about all the different Disney parks in the world, and that the Japanese are crazy for Pooh and popcorn (things I remembered from Mel's Tokyo trip reports -- thanks Mel!!!!). After they left I went and printed out the park maps in Japanese and English, and found some trivia (including the different flavors of popcorn that TDL sells). I put the printouts in the teachers mailbox.

I saw the teacher this afternoon and she said the kids loved all the information and seeing the maps! I think I'm going to print them out again and post them on my door for all the classes to see. Hey, a little Disney in someone's life... never a bad thing.

Spread pixie dust. :)
TikiG

wdwgrl377
04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
That is just TOTALLY awesome! :D

pink
04-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Good for you! It's funny how those little generous things people do sometimes mean so much. :mickey: