PDA

View Full Version : Maya Grill

stephntampa
04-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I am staying at CSR soon and am curious.. what do you all think of Maya Grill?

Diznee4Me
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
The DW, DD and I loved it. We ate there on Thanksgiving night (they were serving a traditional T-day dinner but we opted from the menu) and I had the Chilean Salmon Filllet while the DW and DD had steak. Overall very good and a great wait staff.

The DD said the steak "wasn't as good as LeCellier" but then what is! :D

LauraF
04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Maya has very well cooked and fresh food. (Breakfast wasn't as nice, but that seemed to be the exception.) The place has some very warm decor but can get a bit loud depending on where you sit because of the high ceilings.

BF liked his filet mignon, but had to send it back once because they undercooked it the first time. I had a veggie platter which was very good. Dessert was unremarkable but that may have been because we were so darn full by that point!

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
We ate there in 2004 and we didn't care for the food at all. My dd and I shared something and neither of us liked it.

Gator
04-24-2008, 03:26 AM
It has tasty food, but it's the kind of tasty that your sick of it by the end of your meal. I prefer the foodcourt at CS myself. It has a huge selection at counter service price.

Laughin' place
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
A few years ago, this was one of my topic picks. We are from Chicago, which has a very, very highly regarded group of Mexican/Pan-Latin places. The food and drinks at the old Maya were every bit as good as the best meals Ive had in Chicago, Mexico, or anywhere.
The last time I was there, they had abandonded the Latin menu, and had steaks, ribs, etc. It was one of my two biggest Disney disappointments ever (dont EVEN get me started on the Backyard BBQ>>>>>:thedolls:)
That being said, IMO, Maya has been watered down, averaged out, and is pretty much a standard, blandish meal now.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
We tried Maya Grill last September during the free DDP. We thought it was very good.

My husband had a huge sampler plate with some of the best ribs I have ever tasted (lots of meat, little fat). He also had some type of fish and I think chicken. I know there were 3 different types of meat on his plate. I had fillet mignion, which IMHO was better than the steak I had at Le Cellier. For dessert, we had creme brulee. YUM! It was actually better than the creme brulee we had in France at the World showcase.

My vote would be to give it a try, especially if you're on the dining plan.

CrazyStudent
04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
We tried Maya Grill last September during the free DDP. We thought it was very good.

My husband had a huge sampler plate with some of the best ribs I have ever tasted (lots of meat, little fat). He also had some type of fish and I think chicken. I know there were 3 different types of meat on his plate. I had fillet mignion, which IMHO was better than the steak I had at Le Cellier. For dessert, we had creme brulee. YUM! It was actually better than the creme brulee we had in France at the World showcase.

My vote would be to give it a try, especially if you're on the dining plan.

I loved the ribs! Had them two nights in a row. Some folks didn't care for the service but I had very nice, attentive servers. Of course, eating late evening didn't hurt.

Didn't have room for dessert. :D