PDA

View Full Version : South Garden Wing At Cr

moe513
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Can anybody give me info on these rooms. Do they fit 5. Are they big rooms?

Thanks

wdwfansince75
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
DW and I have stayed in the wings at various times since our first visit in 75. We had 3 kids then, ages 10, 7, and 5. Room accomodated us well. Stayed in CR with various combinations of kids and grandkids over the years. Last trip to the CR, we stayed in the then newly remodeled South Wing. DS#1 and DDiL#1 and their 3, ages 13, 10, and 7, felt that the room was just great. DW and I shared our room with DGD#2. Rooms have 2 Queen sized beds, and a day bed. The day bed is acceptable for a large child, or a small adult. Rooms also have a large desk, and an easy chair. There is a small refrigerator in the vestibule. Seems to have less storage space for clothes than the pre-update rooms. Also, changes to the bathroom were not all great. The sinks are rectangular and flat bottomed. No real storage for toiletries...we used one of the sinks as a sink, and the other as a table.

Rooms should be fine for a family group of five, as long as one can use the daybed....having made several trips to WDW with multiple teenagers, we remember how long it takes for two adults and 3 teenagers to get ready in the morning....but that can be a problem everywhere, not just at the CR.

Decent, reasonably close, parking, short walk to main building, swimming pool almost too close....some rooms have problems with noise from late swimmers....Very close to dock, which has great counter service....

DW prefers the CR to all the other places we have stayed....with younger children, the convenient location, close to to the monorail and the MK is priceless.....

Tigerinvestigator
04-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes they are very large. If I am not mistaken they are among the largest regular rooms at WDW.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Here's the breakdown of regular rooms for each resort:

Value Resorts:
All-Star Movies - 260 square feet
All-Star Music - 260 square feet
Family Suites - 520 square feet
All-Star Sports - 260 square feet
Pop Century - 260 square feet

Moderate Resorts:
Caribbean Beach - 340 square feet
Coronado Springs - 314 square feet