PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or Coronado

Kristineesmith
04-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I am trying to make my reservations but I am so torn as to which moderate resort to choose. I have stayed at POR and CBR and have ruled them out for this trip unless you have any amazing insight. My main concern is the outdoor amenities for the kids. I really like the look of the pool and playground at Coronado, but I like the laid back shady landscape of POR. Thank you for any suggestions you may have, I need to put this to rest today and make my ADR's!!!:mickey:

BostonChic
04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I've stayed at the French Quarter before and it's great! The pool is fun(slide):thumbsup:
The food court,I'd give it a 6or7 out of 10.Another plus is the boat to DD and the atmosphere around this resort is pretty. having said all that;DH,2 kids and I plan on staying at Coronado Springs soon so I couldn't tell you anything about here(have heard some good things ;) ) yet. :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
04-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I have staryed at POFQ twice and I have booked my next trip for CSR. I really like POFQ but my DD8 wanted to try something new. I think the slide and pool at POFQ are great but better suited for younger kids. The boat to DTD from POFQ is really nice. However, I have had really negative experiences with the bus service there. Especially getting buses back to the resort later in the evening. I think that with either decision you will be happy. Good luck

Donald_Quackers
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I just came back from a stay at Coronado Springs, and while I liked the ambiance of the place, it seemed too spread out, especially for my DM, who can't walk long distances. We got put in one of the furthest rooms from El Centro.

However, the park/DTD buses will take you to El Centro, and I keep hearing about the golf-type carts that will take you too, but the standard buses were good enough.

Given the choice however, I think I would still pick POR. I loved the landscaping and the laid-back feel to the place.

Gator
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I was in the same dilemna before my last trip. POFQ looked really nice and CS had some bad reviews. But when the discounts came out, FQ wasn't on the list. We stayed at CS and it was great. We were placed far from El Centro (Rancho), but it was the best landscaped area, plus it was close to a bust stop and the awesome pool. I have no desire to stay anywhere else, now. It's better than the other moderates by far and in every way, IMHO.

trapper
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
In 2006 my familyl stayed at POR and we loved it. It is more spread out than the FQ but the landscaping is just great. We liked the food court and we walked down to the FQ for Beingnets mmm good! Then in 2007 we stayed at Coronado and I loved it there too! They have an awesome foodcourt and our room was right across from the main pool. Both have great slides, both are a bit spread out (and that depends on where your room ends up being). Bus service was about the same. You don't have the boat to DD from Coronado though. It would be a hard pick for me I really liked them both. Um maybe I would lean more towards the Coronado side I personally like the Southwest themeing more. Have fun choosing and I'd say you can't go wrong on either.:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Flip a coin! You cant go wrong with either!:mickey:

Darbylew
04-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Both resorts are really nice. It would be hard
to choose. I think you would be happy with
either one of them. I know you will have a fun
time no matter which one you choose. :thumbsup:

grumpypima
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
We've stayed at both resorts and we love both resorts. You can't go wrong either way!

My main concern is the outdoor amenities for the kids. I really like the look of the pool and playground at Coronado, but I like the laid back shady landscape of POR.

Because the pool area at CSR is so great, I would choose CSR. There is the fabulous pool and playground area. Also, there is a snack bar area that serves decent food and drinks :beer: And lastly, there is an arcade and bathroom in the same area.

tadshome
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
POFQ gets my vote although both have wonderful settings but for me CSR is too spread out. Have fun :mickey:

KAT1811
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I have no desire to stay anywhere else, now. It's better than the other moderates by far and in every way, IMHO.

We too love CSR. It is our favorite so far. I would even pick it over the BC given the chance. The pool is wonderful, as is the food court. We loved that the busses and pool area were never busy. Anytime we did not want to walk we took the golf cart shuttle around the resort (sometimes the kids just wanted to ride around and check things out). Mike at CSR makes a mean Sangria, probably the best I have ever had.

Kristineesmith
04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas. I'm still not sure if I have made the right decision but I have decided on.......POFQ! I showed both the pictures to the boys and they were excited about the island at POR with the playground and fishing hole. Although I know the playground won't be as nice as Coronado I think I am okay with it. I think we are just going to take it easy this trip, no expectations and I feel like the ambiance that POFQ has will fit right in. Of course, next trip, it will be Coronado all the way!

CaptSmee
04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
even though I am too late...Coronodo. We stayed there twice last year and loved it each time!

buzz2001
04-23-2008, 05:27 AM
CSR!! Better pool, bus service and food options.

badllamamama
04-23-2008, 08:01 AM
I vote CSR, although I liked both.

CSR is quiet and spacious and feels like an oasis in the middle of the World busy-ness. POFQ is fairly quiet but more close-knit and I didn't get that resort feel there. On pools, the edge goes to CSR for the main pool and multiple quiet pools. On food, the edge goes to CSR for the choices: Pepper Market, Rix, and Maya Grill. On transport, the edge goes to CSR for its designated buses.

AnnieBananie
04-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Well, this is easy for me. Our family loves POFQ. We've stayed there 4 times and at CSR once. Now, both are wonderful resorts and are DISNEY quality. But, CSR was just too large for us. We like the coziness and the ease of POFQ. It was just so simple to walk out the door and get to the bus stop, food court, pool. etc so easily. We LOVE the boat to DTD. It's a relaxing, quiet resort. We do love hustle and bustle, etc. but the parks are busy and it was nice to be in a relaxing resort. CSR is large, spread out and a little hard to navigate at first. We had a harder time getting adjusted to what was where! But, both are really nice resorts and certainly Disney quality ammenities so it is really a personal decision. If you haven't stayed at either, you would probably be happy with either one. Does this make any sense!!?? But, my vote would certainly be CSR (my family would agree with me.....DD 22, DH 55, me 54) Our DD is on the college program and she visits the food court at POFQ because she loves it so much and can never get enough of those beignets!!

hlkeck
04-23-2008, 05:59 PM
We loved POFQ. The ambience is just so cool and the pool is pretty awesome as well. Great food, great service. LOVED IT! Although we did have an unwanted visitor in our bathroom when we got in - and he was big and a lizard! :)

Guess that happens anywhere in Fla!

AnnieBananie
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry, but my vote would be POFQ!!! Didn't realize I typed the wrong thing.....(see my previous post)

PiratesCove
05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
POFQ!!!! ;o)

badllamamama
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Duplicate post

castlelady36
05-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah for your choice of POFQ!!! One of our favs!!! You will love it!! Have a great time!!

Checkers
05-04-2008, 05:44 PM
:mickey:We just returned yesterday from six days at POFQ and loved it! We are going back in Oct. (OKW) and will be arriving a day early and have decided to stay that one night at POFQ. We loved the water taxi to DTD and, of course, the beignets! I know you won't be disappointed with your choice. Have fun!

nikki'smom
05-05-2008, 05:48 AM
I would choose CSR.