PDA

View Full Version : AKL concierge question

DisneyDoug2
04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
My family has stayed at the WL concierge level two times now and we like it because it is a single level and laid out such that we don’t have to worry about the DD & DS going to get snacks by themself’s. We would love to try the AKL concierge level so we could go on the sunrise safari, but reading AKL concierge description it sounds like it is on two different levels and in two different buildings. So depending on were your room is this would become and issue with allowing the kids to get there own snacks! Is this true? Or is it set up like the WL on one floor in the same building?

Thanks!

DVC Mike
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
AKL's "Jambo House" is one building. The AKL concierge rooms are on the 4th floor while the concierge lounge is on the 6th floor.

Tinkerfreak
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM
As everyone probably knows this because I have complained loudly since it happened, they moved the concierge rooms down to the 4th floor now instead of 5th and 6th. They put DVC rooms on those floors now. We used to go concierge at AKL but last year DH and I stayed concierge and the 4th floor was just too far away. We hardly used the lounge because it was such a walk to get there. When the rooms were on the 5th and 6th floors we used to stop in the lounge on our way to or from our room every time. There is actually a back stairway on the 5th floor leading right to the lounge. We found we used the lounge alot more then. We do miss doing the sunrise safari because that is one of the best things we have ever done at Disney. We are considering doing a one night concierge stay just to be able to do the sunrise safari.
We have stayed at the WL concierge and did love how close we were to the lounge. I agree it is great to be so close that the kids can go to the lounge themselves for snacks.

TammiMcMan
04-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I know it wasn't a popular decision for many resort guests, but I think it was strictly one of economics. The AKL club level was very rarely at capacity and most likely, they were losing money. Once the DVC option was released, buyers jumped on the chance to own there, on the club level.

Anyway, here's a list of the Disney club levels and whether they are same building and/or same floor:

Same Building (except for some suites) -

AKL
BC
BWI
CR
GF (private buildings)
Poly (private buildings)
WL
YC

Same Floor -

BC (except for deluxe rooms)
BWI (except for deluxe rooms)
CR
WL (except for deluxe rooms)
YC (except for deluxe rooms)

Notes -
The Poly and GF have private buildings with multiple floors. There is no guarantee that you'll be on the same floor as the lounge, but you can request it.