PDA

View Full Version : Good time to go?

smartinez1
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Ok, I just want to ask advice from anyone who has gone to Disney the 2nd and 3rd weeks in November. Husband and I want to go this year, as it's been awhile. Last time we went was in September. Although the lines were really non-existant, it was too darn hot! I mean, sweltering hot, and at a place where you are walking around in the sun all day, we would rather do it when it is more pleasant out! I heard November is nice, it is still warm, some days hot, and can get cooler. We aren't worried about going swimming if it's too cold, so that really isn't an issue. Anyway, just worried about the crowds. We know park hours are shorter, and we are a little worried about losing time with standing in lines. I am sure this has been asked countless times on here, but does anyone know if this is a good time to go? We want to make sure we are out of ther before the Thanksgiving crowd shows up, and we also don't want to go during Super Soap weekend. We want to try and avoid as much of the events as possible. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!!

Hair_Razor
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I have heard that November is a nice time to go that the crowds are fairly slim. I think most people have kids in school and if they are going to take them out it would be closer to the holiday when they have time off. I thik it's a good route. Also in October it will be cooler and school will be back in.

Dyanna
04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
The best time as others have reported is the week of Veterans Day. The week before is Jersey Week where it is more crowded than other weeks. The week before Thanksgiving also tends to start getting more crowded as the holiday approaches. Super Soap Weekend is the weekend of Nov 7 - 9 so stay away from DHS those days. Festival of the Masters in only at DTD so that should not be any problem. We will be at WDW on Nov 7 - 15 ourselves as this is when the Disney agent said it would be the slowest week in Nov.

illini
04-22-2008, 12:12 PM
We went the week before Thanksgiving last year and it was FANTASTIC. Incredibly low crowds, lovely weather (cool evenings sometimes, warm during the day)-- just perfect. The crowds did pick up a LOT on Friday evening as the Thanksgiving crowds started to arrive, but Saturday during the day was still doable, as was the Sunday. Evenings just got insane. I wouldn't hesitate to go again during that week.

jakeybake
04-22-2008, 01:59 PM
November is cool because of the halloween stuff they have there so it is good in my opinion. :D

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
November would be great IMO...School is in and there is a good chance that there are no big groups there too...We have paid more attention to the weather there and it seems like its great...My aunt lives in Fl. and has said that Nov. is the best month they have there...

MickeyMousse
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
We went this past November....4th-14th..and it was great. The weather was wonderful, crowds were doable except in MGM over Soap Star Weekend.......that placed was beyond packed! We were able to see the parks and resorts start to decorate for Christmas and went to the Osborne Lights on opening night! November is now our favorite time to go!

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I've read that Nov is a good time to go as long as it's before Thanksgiving. You'll have a great time.

cal5755
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Mom and I went last year for Super Soap Weekend. We stayed thursday to tuesday. It was the second weekend of November and it was a great time. DHS will be mobbed with people but the ride lines were small because most people there are standing in line to meet their favorite daytime star or catch a talk show. The rest of the time we spent in MK and Epcot and the crowds were light. Just a note... it was freezing in the early morning and night...we bought mickey sweatshirts to keep warm but during the sunny hours it could still get pretty ho (nothing like Sept.).

We also did MVMCP and we LOVED it.

Have fun whatever you decide!!

JMTStone
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
We went Thanksgiving week. It got busy on Wednesday - Sunday so I'd stay away from that. The weather was PERFECT. A bit chilly over night. Just bring a sweatshirt or cuddle to stay warm.

sisterslovindisney
04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
My sister and I went in 2004 during Super Soap weekend. It was also the last weekend of the Epcot F & W festival. It was a great time to go. The weather was really hot one day but for the most part it was nice. We went to DHS while Super Soap was going and like the above poster said, the lines were great. The park was packed but they all wanted to see soap stars not rides. I think our longest wait in any line was about 25min. for RnRc. Also Epoct F&W was awesome, if you haven't gone during that time you should try it. Have a great time!!

wire0monkey
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I'd take the second week of Nov. over the third week. The further you get from Thanksgiving, the lighter the crowds. November is a great time to go, as long as you avoid the week of Thanksgiving.