PDA

View Full Version : Putting tips on room key or credit card

*NikkiJ*
04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
For our upcoming trip in August we got the free dining:D However we were wondering about our tips-I know we have to pay out of pocket, but we were wondering if we could charge our tips back to our room OR if we could use our debit/credit card to place the tips on....

Does anyone know if this is possible????

We really do not want to be carrying around cash; carrying a card or two would be much easier...We would naturally have some cash and would use that for tips for drivers for ME, etc.

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

kaylamag
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
If you have charging on your key to the world card you can use it for tipping. We did this when we were there in Jan/Feb of this year. I also used my disney rewards card for tipping.

pluto 77
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I was wondering about this as well and I am glad that you can either use a credit card or the disney rewards card cause we dont like to carry cash either. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Good to know...I would much rather charge it...:thumbsup:

brewcrew26
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
It's a weird system they use. It had me and DH a little confused for the week we were on the DDP, but we finally got the hang of it.

You can add the tip to your room key, credit card/debit card, or use cash. We ended up trying all three by the end of our stay.

Your server will give you an itemized bill of what was covered on the dining plan vs. what wasn't. It also on the bottom shows a suggested gratuity at 10%, 15%, and 20%. At the way bottom, it says "optional gratuity" and gives a line. Write it down there if you want to put it on your room key.

Otherwise...kindly tell your server that you'd like to make a gratuity on another type of payment or you can leave cash. You can also tell them here if you'd like to place additional items (alcoholic beverages, appetizers, other things not covered by DDP) on the card.

If you use a credit card or a debit card (I believe it needs to have a Visa or Mastercard logo on it), then, your server will bring another set of receipts out. You sign a bunch of them. Leave the one's you signed for the server (the original itemized and the new one with what you want to go on the card) and then you keep the ones that tell you how many allotments you have left on the DDP.

It's really confusing at first because of all the different pieces of papers. But most of the servers are very helpful with guiding you through the process we found. Some even come after you if you don't leave the right receipts!