PDA

View Full Version : VWL - tell me what you liked/didn't like

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
We are staying at VWL in August for the first time and would like to hear from those of you who have stayed there.

What did you like/not like about the resort?
Did you do the lodge tour?
What room is the best for atmosphere, view?
And any other comments/suggestions you feel are important to know!!

Thanks Friends!!:mickey:

pox24
04-22-2008, 10:57 AM
We make an annual January visit there. Its neat because the weather is usually cool and sometimes cold making it seem like the great northwest. The only negative are sometimes the long walk to your room. On our first stay we wanted a lake view ( which you cannot see through the trees) and we were put at the farthest point out and on the top floor. Going back to the studio each time reminded me of the long hallway in " The Shining." We truly enjoy it there. Being off the main hotel keeps it relaxed and quite. Your own pool, hot tub, lobby and hearth to rock in front of while enjoying an adult beverage. You're gonna love it.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Isn't there a special Railroad room in the villas building?

DWHUBBY
04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Kristen,

We stayed there last May and LOVED IT ! We were on the first floor right off the entry. We had no real view but by the time we got back to our room the only view the kids had anyway was the inside of their eyelids :D. We were originally given the "worst" room in the villa (top floor all the way at the far end), but after using the "little legs" arguement with the front desk, they were able to move us to a much more desireable location. See, not keeping my tongue in my pocket does help sometimes !:D
See you in less than 3 weeks !:joy:

dolphinmickey9170
04-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks John, for that little tidbit. I can't wait for our family vacation together. This is gonna RAWK!! Are we there yet?
21 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes and 2 seconds:mickey:

Fortgoofy97
04-24-2008, 11:14 AM
This became one the favs for my DD's, 16 & 15. The long walk to the room was at times the one down side. One plus was the Valet parking, since you had a longer walk to the valet stand we would do it outside. Once they got used to seeing us they would go to get the car before we asked for it, so most times we just walked up and got right in our car! Well worth the extra couple of bucks! Let's see the DD's liked the beach just to go and run and tumble thru. The little cafeteria they have there was pretty reasonable for breakfast, and the quiet at the pool as well as the building made it very relaxing!

Stormer
05-04-2008, 08:21 PM
We stayed there last week and enjoyed our stay. We spent one night relaxing and went out on the beach and watched the water parade and then watched Wishes. It isn't the best view of Wishes, but you can catch it.

Maleficent's Dad
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Just got back on Wednesday.
We had a studio - room 3505 (I think!) - and the view was of the villa's quiet pool. However, there really is no "view" from the third floor any more; the trees have grown too thick and tall.

The view outside on the balcony was nice - great music being piped in at the resort, and wonderful greens.

There is a small room on the ground floor of the villas with some of Walt's train cars from his backyard (The Iron Spike Room, just off the main lobby). It's a relaxing place to just hang out.

At 9:30 (around there) each night, you can walk to the beach and see the Electric Water Parade, although I'm not sure how you could see Wishes as you face Fort Wilderness, not the MK.

Love the resort. Love the theming. Love the main building and lobby.

Not in love with the transportation there. To me, that's the only downfall.

Location is okay. Food is good, above average.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Jimminy
05-06-2008, 10:36 AM
It was wonderful that time of year.
Someone mentioned the downfall being the transportation, If you jump a boat, you can get to the contemporary or the MK. From there, you can go anywhere. epcot is only a monorail away. You can also take the busses. Which I always dread, but you do what you can.

Also, we didn't find it until we wer just about ready to leave, butu there is a walking path that I think takes you over to the Wilderness campgrounds.

Might be fun to rent bikes with younger ones and take the ride.

Have Fun!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Thank you, everyone. We are getting so excited to stay there in August.

Has anyone done the lodge tour? With Stan? (I think that is his name) Tell me about it please.:mickey:

Stormer
05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
When you sit on the beach you face ahead to see the water parade. To watch Wishes you just have to look to the left, but stay in the same spot. There were quite a few people watching when we watched. You shouldn't have any problems finding it.

Simba's Mom
05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
When you sit on the beach you face ahead to see the water parade. To watch Wishes you just have to look to the left, but stay in the same spot. There were quite a few people watching when we watched. You shouldn't have any problems finding it.
Is this the beach area right by the pool, kind of behind and to the right of the geyser? I'm staying there for the first time in October and I love the water parade.

SgtTigger
05-08-2008, 07:38 PM
There is a small room on the ground floor of the villas with some of Walt's train cars from his backyard (The Iron Spike Room, just off the main lobby). It's a relaxing place to just hang out.

They changed the name to the Carolwood pacific room......
It is a great place to go and play games that they have there..... Board games....

Yes we have done the lodge tour.... it is very nice... They use to have 2 different ones but now they only have one....

this resort is the only one we stay at....... I love that you can just walk over to the main lodge and watch everything going on... or stay at the villas and relax in the peace and quiet.....

Love the pool........ and hot tub......

:cop: :tigger: