PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone finally thawing out?

murphy1
04-21-2008, 04:54 PM
We are hitting upper 70's today (yay, I'm from Florida, I needed it, even though GA doesn't get that bad). How are you all faring? Wishing everyone nice sunny days now :) Also hoping our drought gets better, they threatened not to let us have water for our swimming pools this year!!

RedSoxFan
04-21-2008, 05:15 PM
In the mid 70's here in Central NY. I love it. Wish it could be like this every day.

thrillme
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
80's to 90's here. I'm not only thawed I'm MELTED.

TheMartellFamily
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM
After a long never ending winter today we hit 75. Whew, that is so much better!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
We're having wonderful weather here today too...all week is supposed to be just great!

At least all of the snow we had has been great for the water levels, and the farmers loved it!

Tink&Goofy
04-21-2008, 08:27 PM
A dusting of snow last night. Its supposed to be another cold night tonight. I think by midweek it will be in the mid to upper 50s - well below where we should be. I guess this is pay back for those beautiful 65 degree days we had back in February!

hooberry
04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
:cool:hot, hot ,hot we had to be in the 90's today, and I just got my first sunburn of the season:-oouch! Silly me, I blew up my 3 yrs olds waterslide so she could burn off some energy and the only thing that got burned was my neck. I remembered to at least sunscreen my face:cool:

cal5755
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
It has been pretty nice here!! We spent Saturday at the campground in PA on the waterslide and in the pool... tons of fun and the kids are itching for the summer!!

MsMin
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping it stays below 90 a little longer. We've had a couple dips but it's always warm by the afternoon. My tomatoes are nearly 3" now... and my pansies are about to fry and dry up. :(

PirateLover
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
60s-70s here, and we're loving it! We finally started getting in some mini golf these past 2 days, which officially kicks off our spring season:thumbsup:

JanetMegan
04-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I have such mixed emotions about Spring. It's so pretty here, perfect weather, awesome flowers, but the pollen is KILLING me!

Melanie
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Spring? It's been spring here for months. I'm not even sure I remember what winter is. ;)

conorsmom2000
04-22-2008, 09:29 AM
We've just started having some beautiful days here - so, that means Little League has started and we're back to playing outside more and taking Molly on long walks! :thumbsup: This is the time when we catch up with our neighbors after not really seeing them since Halloween! :D

But, I really know it's spring as I got stung by a bee on Saturday!! (and just like I'm the only one I know to get their nose broken by a dog, I'm also the only I know who could get stung by sticking their hand in the washing machine!! :confused: :mad: :funny:)

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather!

SBETigg
04-22-2008, 09:40 AM
We'll be in the seventies all week, I think. I won't want to go back to cold, so I hope it stays nice.

PirateLover
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
But, I really know it's spring as I got stung by a bee on Saturday!! (and just like I'm the only one I know to get their nose broken by a dog, I'm also the only I know who could get stung by sticking their hand in the washing machine!! :confused: :mad: :funny:)

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather!

Oh my gosh! I was chased by a hornet yesterday but not stung. In my entire life I have never been stung by any kind of bee/hornet/wasp and I intend to keep it that way.

conorsmom2000
04-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh my gosh! I was chased by a hornet yesterday but not stung. In my entire life I have never been stung by any kind of bee/hornet/wasp and I intend to keep it that way.
I hadn't been stung since I was 5 years old and I was hoping to keep it that way! I was putting whites into the washer and grabbed a handful and stuffed in - all of sudden I felt something fuzzy in my fist, heard an angry "zzzzttt" sound and felt a pinch - I pulled my hand out and could see where I got stung, which was right on first joint of my middle finger. Luckily my sister was there and was smart enough to tell me to get my wedding rings off because within minutes my whole hand looked like a balloon! It was a lot more painful than I remembered, so I'm hoping it's another 33 years before that happens again!

I guess it's a small price to pay for the spring weather! :blush:

ncscgirl2005
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Depends on what day it is here in SC. In the last 3 weeks, it seems like our highs have ranged from 52-82. My poor kids don't even know how to dress for school in the mornings. I send them in layers and they peel them off by the time they get home. This week should be nice with weather from mid 70s to low 80s.

DisneyDog
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
We visited Rehoboth Beach, Delaware this past weekend. Took a walk on the beach, and there were tons of people in bathing suits. It was in the low 80's and gorgeous. Not one person was brave enough to go swimming, though!

Despite being in the 80's on Saturday, it was in the 70s on Sunday and in the 60's yesterday. It's starting to inch back up, and we should be close to 80 again by Friday. We have the strangest weather here in Philly!

Flower
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
It is 69 here today and beautiful!:sun:

We spent Saturday at the Beach & park :swing: and most days last week and this outside! I am loving it!!! I already have a tan going and I even have tan lines on my feet from my Athens Crocs!!!!

crazypoohbear
04-22-2008, 09:49 PM
It was nice here today but sitting at my DS's baseball game tonight we all started to freeze when the sun went down! Even me!, well I didnt' freeze but my naked piggy toes were very cold! :blush: