PDA

View Full Version : Where to make ADR's when you don't have your kids.

GoofyFan3
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
DH and I are going on our first trip with NO kids, the week after July 4th. I need to make Adr's now. Need ideas, I know where to go with kids, and have some ideas as to where to go without, but I would like some imput from others. We are on the dinning plan. Thanks everyone.

KineGirl
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Yachtsman steakhouse, Jikos, and Chefs de France always top our list. I dont mention those because they are not kid friendly (like all of WDW - they are) but the menu is a little more sophisticated than what children usually prefer and no character meals. They seem to have fewer children IMO than other, on property restaurants including Cali. Grill and Artists Pt.

brownie
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Ohanas' and Spoodles for dinner. If you are interested in a character breakfast, try Goofy's Beach Bash at the Beach Club. In Epcot, I'd consider the Rose & Crown Pub or the San Angel Inn (ask for a waterside table.) We haven't eaten at Le Cellier, but I would consider it.

disney100%
04-21-2008, 05:01 PM
My DH and I love Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge and California Grill. We have had our best meals at those two restaurants. Since you are not dining with your kids, you can make a late reservation and either watch Wishes from California Grill or take a nice late evening boat ride from Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge to get to Artist Point. If you go to Arist Point, I recommend the portobello soup - delicious! I think I could have eaten bowl after bowl of it and skipped my entree - though that (the salmon) was delicious too!

brewcrew26
04-21-2008, 05:02 PM
We ate at Le Cellier for the first time last week. It was amazing. While there were a few families with children, it was mostly couples, groups of adults, and we were flanked by two solo diners.

The food was amazing and we were also on the DDP. DH did a breakdown for the entire week and the day we used the TS credit at Le Cellier we came out the furthest ahead in terms of saving money. DH had the filet mignon. Excellent, very moist and tender, on a bed of mashed potatoes. I had the NY strip served with a side of asparagus (extra from the DDP) and red bliss potatoes (came with the meal). I usually don't eat that much beef, but I finished this off no problem! It was so juicy and good! The desserts were amazing, too. But the high point for us was splurging on the beer cheese soup and using the incredible pretzel breadsticks for dipping!

We also ate at Artist Point on our last evening. I recommend that as well. There were some families with well-behaved children but mostly adults only. The service was excellent. The dining room manager came over to check on us several times. He even brought out complimentary appetizers (a potato chive potsticker). DH had the buffalo steak with sweet potato gratin and I had the filet with wild mushrooms. AP uses two DDP credits, so when you figure savings it's like using two days worth but we came really close to breaking even that day.

I also vote for Rose & Crown. Always been a favorite. And try to get patio seating to view Illuminations. Absolutely breathtaking and romantic!

pianobabe
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Narcoossee's is where we have spent the past couple of years for our anniversary. We are going again this year too. The setting and the food are awesome. You can watch Wishes from here. I think you can also see the Water Pagent also (but I'm not positive on that one).

wendy*darling
04-21-2008, 09:03 PM
The Signature Dining places mentioned are all wonderful. But they all use 2TS credits.
If you want to have one TS per day, then I recommend these places:

LeCellier
Chefs de France
Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Spoodles
Grand Floridian Cafe

We like character meals- even when we go without our kids!
Crystal Palace is a standard (for any meal) for us.

Two places I haven't tried yet, but look promising are Yak & Yeti (at AK) and the Wave (open soon at the Contemporary).

Enjoy! :mickey:

AllDisney
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
My husband & I love Jiko and Artist Point. We think both places are romantic and a great way to end the day:thumbsup:

We were a little disappointed with the menu choice at Spoodles, the last time we ate there,
but, the service was great. Perhaps if you take a look at the menu before you go you'll know if it's right for you.

Good luck in making a choice!

Kidsmom
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Jiko's and Cali Grill!!

lightyearfan
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
wow everyone has some great choices, for our past 3 trips it's just me and dw since our dd is now all grown up, and we are now able to goto spots that we couldn't go before because our dd is a very picky eater, anyway here is a small list of where we go i'll break them down per park:
(In no particular order)
MK- Tony's Town Square. The Plaza (Poly Resort - Ohana's and Kona Cafe)
Epcot- Rose & Crowne, Le Celliur, Chef De France, Tutto Italia, San Angel Inn
DHS- 50's Prime Time, Sci-Fi

AK isn't listed because we generally just do a CS meal while there and then have our nightcap TS at Epcot, these are all 1 TS credit resturants

hope this helps
Victor

Mickey91
04-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Cali Grill
Artist Point

We haven't been to Artists Point but it is on our must do list. We would still go to any of the family restaurants also. We love the character meals. We aren't very grown up :mickey:.

GrmGrninGost
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I would go to most of the same places I go with the kids! I love the characters more than they do! I would go to Liberty Tree, Chef Mickeys, LeCellier, Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time Cafe, California Grill, Garden Grill and Rose & Crown. I might also try Artists Point. I have been wanting to go there, just haven't made it yet! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I will also put a vote in for -

California Grille
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier

Natazu
04-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Adult Dining Experiences at WDW:
7. Il Mulino (not on DDP)
6. Citrico’s (2 TS)
5. Kona Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Flying Fish Café (2 TS)
2. California Grill (2 TS)
1. Victoria and Albert's (not on DDP)

Kairi_7378
04-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Brown Derby, Flying Fish, Kona Cafe, Jiko, Artist Point, CA Grill... If you have a favorite for when you go with your kids, try to get a later reservation so you can have some grown up time.

elmjimmlm
04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
If I didnt have my kids with me I would like to try California Grill or Yacht Club...I hope that they are around for the next 11 or 12 years when mine are grown and we can go alone...:mickey: