PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Experience

OhToodles!
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Does anyone have this? If so, please tell me your thoughts. I'd also like to know how long it's good for (one year, forever, etc.). What is the deal about adding a spouse? Does whoever paying for the meal (the credit card name) have to match the DDE name?

Thanks!

gardenia
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
It's good for a year. To me it makes no sense to charge extra for a spouse, since most married couples eat together, but they do charge if you both want a card. The person whose name is on the card has to pay in order to get the discount - so yes, the full name on your credit card must match the full name on the DDE card. In addition, sometimes they ask for your driver's license. Kona Cafe and Chefs de France did this to me. They don't want ANYONE but the named owner to use the discount card.

It's worth the money if you eat at WDW restaurants for a week or more. But remember, it's only good for participating table service restaurants. No counter service and no snacks, except POR's food court (but only because POR has no TS restaurant). The restaurants in Japan, Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo, don't participate. Be sure to check that your favorite restaurants participate.

KylesMom
04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
We've been DDE members since they opened up membership to A/P holders and find it to be a great value. We typically schedule one TS meal per DAY(sometimes two), and it has paid for itself many times over for the 12-month membership period.

Just a clarification: The DDE is also good at other resorts which do not have TS dining, such as the Value food courts. Also, as of last update the DDE card was also good at CS locations within AK.

I am the primary cardholder in our family, and always end up fronting my room charge card, DDE card and sometimes my Drivers License to receive the 20% discount. Your 12-month membership begins when you order the card - however, it has been noted that they often give you a few weeks' grace, so if you ordered it now, it would expire at the end of May, 2009.

We have never found it necessary to order an additional spouse card. :mickey:

Also, as Gardenia mentioned, some TS locations are not covered - as well as discounts during major holidays & packages such as Fantasmic Dining. The discount does cover adult beverages, which is a great benefit!

Crow
04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
i had it a few yrs ago & liked it. also just got it on this last trip w an AP discounted rate. I made at least $40 over the cost of it so far & probably some more. & I will use it at least once more in Sept. its good for at least a yr & a little more. the discount on :marg::beer: of 20% helps also. I used it in R&C pub:beer:
its also good in the food court at POP where i stayed.
you must pay for the meal if its in your name.
Id say if you are going to eat a most of your meals at the participating places get it

DisneyMomx2
04-22-2008, 10:15 AM
We've purchased it a couple times now and it has more than paid for itself.

Also, I believe you can now pick it up at any of the Guest Relations places in any of the 4 parks or in DTD now as opposed to ordering it and waiting for it to come to your house and losing some time on it.