PDA

View Full Version : Bus Transportation at Polynesian

Gregandmel
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
If anyone has stayed at the Polynesian, can you tell me how the bus works when going to the different parks (not MK or Epcot where you can use the monorail). My specific question is WHERE is the bus stop located at the Poly? Do you have to go to the TTC? also - if we are going to Hollywood Studios, how do we know which bus to get on? Does it say Hollywood Studios on the side? (Or Animal Kingdom, etc..) What was the bus ride like? Lots of stops at other resorts? Just trying to get an "idea" of how long it would take to get to Hollywood Studios via: the bus. Thanks for any info!!

SurferStitch
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
If you're facing the front entrance to the Great Ceremonial House, the bus stop is to the right. It is a covered area with seating.

Each bus will clearly state its destination on the front and side of the bus. They use electronic/digital signs. If you ever have any questions, you can always ask the driver when they pull up.

You will stop at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary depending on if you're coming or going. I know we would stop at the Flo on our way to the parks, and the CR on our way back.

Sometimes the bus was crowded, and sometimes not. There were times when our wait was only 5-10 minutes, and other times it was 20-40 minutes. We've found the service at the deluxe resorts is hit or miss. One time at the Poly we were waiting so long that we finally grabbed a cab to DTD. We just couldn't wait any longer....we were already over 30 minutes late for an ADR at Raglan Road and had to get there. This has happened many times at the GF, too.

wedway fan
04-21-2008, 12:43 PM
just got back from the poly- as the PP stated, the buses are clearly marked as to where they are headed.

our experience was that buses were shared with either GF or contemporary, but not both. in the mornings, the buses were pretty empty, so i think they served only the poly at that time.

for example, we took the bus to the studios one morning for EMH- it arrived empty and didn't stop at another resort (maybe because it was full when it left the poly). the studios shares a bus with one of the water parks, and AK shares with the other (i don't remember which is which).

buses run supposedly about every 20 min for each destination- ride time to DHS with a stop at the water park first was about 20 min, so figure 20-40 min from the time you arrive at the bus stop to the time you arrive at the park, depending on how soon the bus shows up.

all in all, a pretty hassle-free way to get around. hope that helps.

javamama
04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I just got back as the pp stated, you share the bus w/CR or GF resort so not bad. It's a close walk from the main house to the stop it's right by the Neverland Club. Our longest wait for the bus was the Animal Kingdom bus, and it was almost an hour which was awful IMO. The first bus was full, and we barely made the second bus. Otherwise no issues, easy to use as always. The walk to the TTC is fast as well.

meldan98
04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Our experience with the buses were terrible at the Poly. I think our minimum wait was 30 minutes, but most waits were 40-50 min. It was such a waste of time.

04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Our experience with the buses at the Poly was just the opposite. Never waited more than 15-20 mins. They were never crowded either. I would much rather use disney transportation than drive.

adoptionislove
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM
We had a WONDERFUL experience with the bus system at Poly. The day that we came "home" from AK. We were the ONLY people on the bus! It was awesome. Like our own private driver. I did feel bad though, the line for the Pop Century was HUGE!!! It looked like at least an hour wait.

krorx
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
We went in Aug. and our bus experience at the Poly was disappointing. We had waits as much as 45 min. and eventually just got our cars and drove to AK. Having stayed at POFQ several times in the past, we'd never had that issue with the buses before. I don't know if Disney has cut down on the number of buses due to expense or what but we found we spent a lot more time at the parks on the monorail than we did on the buses mostly because of transportation issues.