PDA

View Full Version : Point transfer question

KCMom
04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi!

Here's my scenario. Please tell me if this won't work. My parents want to go to WDW in mid December. I am out of points, so they want to try to rent some. My mom is apprehensive about sending her money to a stranger who has the power to cancel her reservation. So...I was thinking that I could rent points and have them transferred to my account & then I could make a reservation for her. I want to get moving on this because time is a-ticking.

Do the transferred points expire according to my use year or the renter's use year? How does that work? Any advice, concerns, or suggestions on this plan would be appreciated. To me, it sounds like an ok plan...but am I not seeing a problem???

DVC Mike
04-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Transferred vacation points retain the Use Year and Home Resort Priority of the Membership they were transferred from. All transferred points expire at the end of the transferring member’s Use Year. All transfer transactions are final and irreversible.

Transferred points can be banked; however, banked or borrowed vacation points may not be transferred.