PDA

View Full Version : California Grill ADR

RockinRollerMom
04-20-2008, 01:56 PM
How hard is it to get an ADR for the California Grill during the fireworks? We will be staying onsite so I will be able to call the 190 days prior for booking. Also, I will be traveling during the Christmas season. Does any-one know if they play the music etc. during the fireworks during the MVMCP's fireworks or is it only during wishes? How much time before the fireworks are scheduled should I book the ADR for?

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
We usually make our ADR's for 30 minutes before Wishes and check in sometime 45 minutes early so we can request a window table. We ordered our appetizers, ate them, went out on the observation deck, watched Wishes (with music) and then returned to our table and our entree was brought right out. It was great. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you call early. I wouldn't wait until the week before, but I have called within a month or so and got what I wanted. But, don't always count on that. If you know you want to go, book it at 180 days. Just know that you will need to leave a credit card guarantee, but they won't charge your card unless you don't show up without cancelling ahead of time. The cancel time is either 24-48 hours ahead.

Have a great time!!

wendy*darling
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
It shouldn't be too hard, but you will not get a guarantee of a table by the window.They will not make a note of it either. You have to arrive early- as suggested above- and offer to wait.

The other thing to know is that you can go to the observation deck at the top to watch Wishes on the night you dine- even if you have already finished dinner. Just show your receipt from that day and they will allow you to go back up.

We will be staying onsite so I will be able to call the 190 days prior for booking.

The 190 days will only apply if you are calling 180 days from your check in date and Cali Grill is on your 10th day of vacation.
Staying on site does not give you 190 days advance for calling- just 180 days from your check in date, and you can make up to 10 days worth of ADRs at that time. (Just wanted to clarify that)

EpcotNut
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
It should not be too hard. We've booked ADRs for a party of 5 less than 3 months out during Free Dining and were able to book it 30 minutes prior to Wishes (which is perfect). The nice thing is that you don't have to worry about a window table because they invite you out to the balcony attached to the dining room where you have a great view. They are sure to keep your entrees warm during the show and when you return, your meal is waiting - it's perfect! One note: plan for a long meal (2 hours min.) It's a great experience! Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
It is all about being persistant. Even if they do not have a reservation that will get you in during the fireworks, keep calling back. People do cancel reservations all the time. However, the key to the whole thing is to call as soon as you can. Since you have the 180 days, you should not have a problem.

As far as getting a table by the glass to see the fireworks (of which they do pipe in the music for and dim the lights), we always get there 1 hour before our reservation and request a window table at check-in. You can then go to the bar, relax, and wait for your table.

You will LOVE this experience!! It is so well worth it!! This is a must do for us on every trip. It is usually an "adults only" experience for us. However, next time, I think that we are going to include the kids and make it a farewell dinner to end our trip with. It will be the "icing on the cake".:thumbsup:

RockinRollerMom
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the great advice! Does any-one know if they play the music on the balcony deck as well or is it only in the restaraunt?