PDA

View Full Version : That Thing You Do

murphy1
04-20-2008, 01:46 PM
What a great movie, one of my favorites! I'm sure everyone in PA has seen it. It's always on TV Land all the time now (came out in 97).

TheMartellFamily
04-20-2008, 03:22 PM
That is a really great movie and I have seen it many times. There are many great actors and actresses in it. It never gets old.

PirateLover
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm also a huge fan of this movie! Love the acting, the music, the costumes and scenery, cinematography. It really makes you feel like you've traveled back in time.

LauraleeH
04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Love this movie! The soundtrack is just as good :)

DisneyDog
04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
We love that movie! I have several of the songs on my ipod. I always get goosebumps when Faye is putting the mail in the mailbox and she hears the song and they all go running to Guy's dad's appliance store to listen to it together. Such a feel-good movie! ("You are my biggest fan")

poeticeclipse
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I have several of the songs on my ipod. I always get goosebumps when Faye is putting the mail in the mailbox and she hears the song and they all go running to Guy's dad's appliance store to listen to it together.! ("You are my biggest fan")

Yes!! Great part!

This is our "family movie." Everyone LOVES it. We listen to the soundtrack on Christmas even! haha. I think I know it by heart. Totally not kidding.

I have to quote my favorite part of the entire film.

Lenny: Are you crazy? A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Gimme a pen, I'm signin'! You're signin'! We're all signin'!

Some other good ones to put a smile on everyones faces...

Mr. White: It is very important that you don't stink today.
Lenny Haise: Hey, I make no guarantees.

Mr. White: Put your glasses on, Shades. Give 'em what they want.

Jimmy: Sorry I'm buggin' you! I guess I'm alone in my principles.
[leaves the room]
Lenny: Oh come on. Oh, there he goes off to his room to write that hit song "Alone in my principles."

Lenny: I play a lot of cards. Obviously. Wanna see my deck?
[he flashes his cards]
Lenny: See? You gotta be quick! You gotta be quick with me! I'm from Erie, P.A.!

Lenny Haise: Oh, I'm not here with these fellas. I've got a pig in competition over at the livestock pavilion, and I am going to win that blue ribbon!

Mickey'sGirl
04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!!! I don't like to see things that I have already seen before (I never watch reruns), but I watch this one each and every time it is on, and it makes me happy. :mickey:

murphy1
04-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Stacey, LOL, that man in a nice camper line is my favorite one! Haha. Liv Tyler is great in this movie.

NJGIRL
04-23-2008, 10:34 AM
I like it because it's a feel good movie. It's very entertaining.

DunkieKong
04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
That Thing You Do is by far my favorite movie of all time. My wife is so tired of seeing it. I watch it all the time. Maybe it has something to do with me being in a band? I don't know. Just everything about it is wicked. Soooooo wicked....

DunkieKong
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I also forgot to mention that my wedding song was "All my Only Dreams".

Mr. Brass Bonanza
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM
This movie never gets old, and the soundtrack is just as good.

I just recently discovered the Director's Cut DVD. It has about 40 minutes of cut footage put back in. It makes me see T.B. Player in a whole new light, and we learn something very interesting about Mr. White as well. It's in a yellow case.

murphy1
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks much Mark! I will have to check that out.

DisneyDog
04-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Do we ever actually learn T.B. Player's name?