PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach question

mook3y
04-20-2008, 01:10 AM
We are thinking of doing a weekend in Vero Beach end of May 09.

Curious how easy it is to get in (SSR owners) that time of year.

Also, what is the difference between their Studio room and deluxe inn room with ocean view.

Thanks

Sunshine1010
04-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd like to know this as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I believe that if you request a studio, there is a chance you will not get a full ocean view like you would if you requested the Inn view. Plus, it's actually cheaper to get the Inn view, depending on the time of year. It's been a while since we stayed there.

I've also found the Inn rooms to be slighty bigger and more comforting than the studios.

Ed
04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Remember that "the end of May" would include Memorial Day weekend; might be tough getting a room, but there's no harm in trying.

Differences between accommodations can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/verobeach/default.asp).

I disagree with Jessica, though; I like the layout and size of the studios over the deluxe inn rooms. Just my :twocents: .

mook3y
04-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Remember that "the end of May" would include Memorial Day weekend; might be tough getting a room, but there's no harm in trying.

Differences between accommodations can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/verobeach/default.asp).

I disagree with Jessica, though; I like the layout and size of the studios over the deluxe inn rooms. Just my :twocents: .

Whew you made me look! had not thought about that, but Memorial day would be the Monday prior to when we want to go. Hopefully its a little slower then.

hlkeck
04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
We loved our Inn room with Ocean View. LOVED IT! Loved the resort...we went in January and my 4 and 5 year old still talk about 'bero beach' on an almost daily basis.

Fortgoofy97
04-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I have to agree with hlkeck, we stayed in a deluxe inn room and completely loved it! We were there for two days and it was the best 2 days we have had as a family at Disney since the DD's were 5 & 6, they now are 15 & 16. The view was great, it was easy to get everywhere and you didn't have to go outside to reach the restaurants at night! The resort was fabulous, the beach was great, walk right on. We went to the far end away from the crowd in front of the resort - grabbed some towels laid them out and just chilled! You can rent Wave runners, beach chairs, cabanas. There is not alot right around the resort but they do have alot going on at the resort especially for little ones! Everyday there is a program of events, from campfires, to treasure hunts to movies in the pool. My DD's andthe DW want to go back for a full week and bring friends! Ah, just to laying on the beach again!!!!

Sunshine1010
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM
If it's a DVC resort.......do they charge you to rent a beach chair?

Fortgoofy97
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
They do charge to rent the beach chairs, if you are DVC member I believe you do get a discount on the rental price.

Sunshine1010
04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sure it's a nice hotel...but that's kinda a jip.

I can't wait to go there though one summer. I plan on letting my nieces come with us so my little boy will have playmates. I think that will happen in about 5 years.

LoriR
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Inn rooms have 2 queen beds. Studios have one bed and one pull-out sofa. Both types of rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves, bar sink, and coffee makers. They are about the same size.

All Inn rooms do not have water views; some have garden views. The water view rooms are more expensive.

Beach chairs were, I think $10 each when we were there in March. There is an extra charge for a cushion for it, and another charge for an umbrella. The chair prices can really add up, but they are nice chairs and they bring them to wherever you wish to sit. My kids don't sit around much, so we only needed 2 chairs for the 4 of us.

Of course, there is also a WalMart down the road, so for the same $10 or so you can buy a cheap chair when you arrive and just leave it when you go!

Tinkermom
04-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Inn rooms have 2 queen beds. Studios have one bed and one pull-out sofa. Both types of rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves, bar sink, and coffee makers. They are about the same size.

All Inn rooms do not have water views; some have garden views. The water view rooms are more expensive.

Beach chairs were, I think $10 each when we were there in March. There is an extra charge for a cushion for it, and another charge for an umbrella. The chair prices can really add up, but they are nice chairs and they bring them to wherever you wish to sit. My kids don't sit around much, so we only needed 2 chairs for the 4 of us.

Of course, there is also a WalMart down the road, so for the same $10 or so you can buy a cheap chair when you arrive and just leave it when you go!

Just wanted to add that the chair/umbrella charges are per day! :eek: Yes, this really can add up which is why we always stop at the CVS down the road on our way in to get beach chairs and boogie boards for the kids. It is MUCH cheaper to do it this way. I usually leave the stuff just outside with a "FREE" sign on them. :)

tinkerbell04
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to add that the chair/umbrella charges are per day! Yes, this really can add up which is why we always stop at the CVS down the road on our way in to get beach chairs and boogie boards for the kids. It is MUCH cheaper to do it this way. I usually leave the stuff just outside with a "FREE" sign on them.

We did the same thing. We found this to be the best bet, the chairs, while very nice, were VERY expensive if you wanted to rent them everyday.

Sunshine1010
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Glad I found out. We'll be bringing ours from home.

Do they charge you to use the ones at the pool?.....he he (just kidding)

Kate In Wonderland
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I just got back from Vero Beach and it was amazing! Very relaxing but plenty to do. We even saw the shuttle launch over the beach! We stayed in an ocean view room which was amazing.

Ian
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM
We're trying Vero for the first time in September and we're pretty excited.

We booked a 1BR, though. Anyone have any experience with those? Any location that's better than another?

Good tips about the beach chairs, too. I wouldn't have thought of that. We'll definitely buy some at Wal-Mart or something on our way from WDW down to Vero.

Ed
06-09-2008, 04:51 PM
We're trying Vero for the first time in September and we're pretty excited.

We booked a 1BR, though. Anyone have any experience with those? Any location that's better than another?

Good tips about the beach chairs, too. I wouldn't have thought of that. We'll definitely buy some at Wal-Mart or something on our way from WDW down to Vero.

Yep. One one of our stays at Vero, we had a 1BR in Building 14, which is the building immediately south of the pool. We were on the top floor in the southernmost wing of the U shaped building, with a great view of the ocean from our verandah. We shared the suite with another couple, and it was quite comfortable. The other couple slept on the sofabed, and they were pleasantly surprised that it was so comfortable. The suite was very roomy, with a nice big kitchen. Top notch in our book! :thumbsup:

Re: Wal-Mart - - there's one in Sebastian on US1. If you come south on 1 from Melbourne, it will be on your right shortly after you enter Sebastian. It's a "Superstore", so you can also pick up groceries there. After that stop, just continue south on US1 to Rte 510; turn left and follow it to A1A and the resort is right there on the corner.

Ian
06-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Ed, I haven't mapped out the route yet ... is that along the way from WDW to Vero?

tinkerbell04
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
That is the Wal-Mart that we hit on the way from Vero to WDW the last time we were there. We stopped to buy an umbrella stroller and some water and adult beverages. It is a HUGE Wal-Mart! For the chairs we stopped at the CVS right at the corner down the street from the resort, a few mins or so away.

Ed
06-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Ed, I haven't mapped out the route yet ... is that along the way from WDW to Vero?

It CAN be, if you're like me and try to avoid the Interstates and the Florida Turnpike as much as possible.

We always take US 192 East into Melbourne where we pick up US 1 South (if we need to stop in Sebastian for groceries or whatever). Our alternate is to continue east on 192 till it deadends in Indialantic, where we pick up A1A South right down to the resort.

The CVS that Danielle referred to is on the corner of US 1 and CR 510, where you'd be making the left turn to head to the resort.

Takes a little bit longer (about a half-hour more) than using the major roads, but it beats the traffic hassle and tolls and gives you lots more options for fuel stops, shopping, sight-seeing, etc. From WDW, you're looking at about 95 miles, roughly 2.5 hours. Using the Beachline Expwy and I-95 is actually longer in miles (110) but about 30 minutes shorter.

Ian
06-10-2008, 08:58 AM
My guess is we'll be cutting out of WDW very early on a Sunday ... do you think traffic will be an issue at that time?

I'm just wondering if it might not be worth risking the interstate at that time of day on a Sunday?

Of course, I'm not sure we'll be in a big, all-fired hurry either so the scenic route might be a good choice, too.

Ed
06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Traffic shouldn't be bad on a Sunday morning after you get out of the WDW area. If you do use the interstate route and still want to hit that WalMart in Sebastian, you might want to get off of I-95 at the Malabar Road East exit (I believe it's exit #173) over to US-1 then continue south on 1.

Ian
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
That looks like it might not be a bad option. I think maybe we'll try it that way.

Thanks for the advice, Ed!!