PDA

View Full Version : Tip question

Sunshine1010
04-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I went to WDW in January 2008. We had the Deluxe Dining Plan.

It was our first experience in getting a 'bill' for the tip. We were 'encouraged' to pay the 18% tip, or the 20% tip.

We always paid with our Disney Visa (for those extra points!)...and we felt we always had to give them what they requested (18% or 20%). Sometimes, the servers didn't deserve even that much.

Here is my question: In December, we will be using the Basic Dining Plan. Can I pay cash for all my tips even though we'll get a 'paper bill' that has the two suggested amounts listed?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-20-2008, 05:20 AM
I believe so. You can leave a tip in any form, I think the paper is just to say this is the balance of what would be acceptable.

kwhitt3202
04-20-2008, 08:44 AM
When we went in March we left cash at some places and it was ok

DisneyDudet
04-20-2008, 09:11 AM
I think that maybe the paper is to show people that even though you aren't paying for your meal OOP, you should still base your tip on the value of your meal.

Tipping the reqested amount should only be based on the service, IMHO, not because they request it.

I don't see why you couldn't leave a tip in cash. Money is money to them! They better not start getting picky about that!

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 01:08 PM
We will be there in 24 days and I'll be darned if I will leave an 18-20% tip for service that doesn't warrent that amount. If the service is poor, the tip will reflect such and a member of management will be made aware. I have, in the past, left a low tip for bad service with a little note saying why the tip was so small. On the other hand, if the service is superior, the 20% will be given, at times, the tip has been more - but only for those who truly went above and beyond!!

ARE WE THERE YET??:mickey:

cal5755
04-20-2008, 02:50 PM
My cousin and her family were there 2 weeks ago and they left cash tips at all TS meals. They used the regular DDP. So it should not be a problem for you when you go.

Last year there was only one waitstaff person we did not give more tip than included on DDP. Had the tip not been include I would not have left 18 percent but rather 10 percent (I would never leave nothing). This was at the LTT and we had to flag down our waiter more than once for drinks and he seemed like he would rather be elsewhere.

Natazu
04-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Yes, you can pay cash for tips. They'll present you with a bill for non-covered items.

Do me a favor and give me more info on "encouraged" to pay the 18 or 20 percent. What exactly happened?