PDA

View Full Version : CBR May 1 -5 2 kids 1 dad any tips

whitehouse1964
04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Hello any tips would be great. Does anybody know about the crowds during May ? Thanks

mrsgaribaldi
04-20-2008, 09:48 AM
:welcome:to Intercot. :wave:
For the last few years we've been going the first week or two in May and the crowds have been good. We are going May 5 this time.
My tips would be to go early in the day and try to go back to your resort mid day and take a break. It looks to be hot so the break will be nice. Then go out again in the early evening. Also, find out the EMH and take advantage of them :mickey: Make sure you utilize the fast passes as best you can:cool:
And don't forget to drink alot of water and most important, HAVE A GREAT TIME;)

Momto3littlemice
04-20-2008, 01:10 PM
We were there the first week in May last year and the crowds were manageable. It is never not crowded but it certainly is a decent time to go. We always arrive before park opening and I would highly recommend it. We had unfortunately HOT temps last year (in the mid/high 90s) and the early morning part saved us. We are headed again next year same time frame and I am looking forward to hopefully temps in the 80s instead! Have a great trip!:mickey:

wire0monkey
04-21-2008, 05:47 PM
1. Buffets. If we're eating on-property we eat at as many buffets as possible. A WDW usually has excellent quality and there's no waiting around for the food. You can serve the kids as soon as you get seated and they have a ton of choices.
Cape May Cafe, Boma and Crystal Palace are our favorites.

2. Breakfast. Touring the parks is a high energy activity. My kids do better if we make sure they have a really good sized breakfast before we get started. They're a lot less likely to get crabby at mid-day and are more flexible about lunch time.

3. Nap. Don't be afraid to go back to the hotel mid-day to take a nap or get a swim. Everybody gets tired and it's good to take a time out. You can hit the parks again after a the break.

4. Shows. I'm a big ride person, so I was a little surprised at how useful shows are when you have kids. Chasing kids around the park is tiring. You can use a show to keep the kids occupied while you rest your feet. Nemo, Lion King, and Pocohantas (sp?) at Animal Kingdom are some of our favorites.

5. Let the kids lead. If they decide something is too scary, skip it. Don't push them. It just makes everyone miserable. If they decide something is great, and they want to go again, and the line is short, do it. I've been on the Figment ride too many times to count because my oldest son loves it.

6. Street shows at Epcot. These are wonderful. If you get a times guide and plan, you can walk from street show to street show. The Chinese acrobats and Taiko drummers are my kids' favorites. I like the Fife and Drum Corp., too.