PDA

View Full Version : OKW Dining Options

Terk24
04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
We just decided to upgrade form a 1BR BW to a 2BR at OKW in Novemeber. This will be our first time at OKW. I've looked at the menus, btu was wondering how the food is at OKW and if it convenient.

dlpmikki
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
The only places onsite to eat are by Hospitality House. There is a sit down casual restaurant called Olivias which usually has some nice stuff on the menu. There is a small takaway place called goods to go which does burgers, salads etc. Pretty limited. Downtown Disney is pretty close by boat or bus and adds a lot more dining options. We sometimes grab something from there and take it back to the room.

KineGirl
04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I love OKW - we go there the most but as far as food goes I wouldnt go out of my way to eat there. Its not bad food just nothing to write home about. Of course this if just IMO

Horizon93
04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
I love OKW and I also love Olivia's. I have had breakfast and dinner there and it was excellent with excellent service. I haven't tried Good's.

The boat ride to DTD is short and very nice, so there are tons of great options there as well. Have fun at OKW. The 2 br is huge!

disneylovinmom
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Olivia's breakfast is very good, but it is also very expensive. We spent $42 for 3 people for breakfast when we first got there from the airport. Our room wasn't ready yet. I guess that just seems like alot for eggs, potatoes and toast. But that's just my opinion. We bought doughnuts and cereal and milk and ate in our room the rest of the time for breakfast. It was alot cheaper.

Terk24
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
My first thought was for such a large resort not a whole lot of options. I guess I was surprised. Thanks for the info

drhama
04-19-2008, 10:27 PM
We ate at Olivia's for breakfast. Just ok. Service was also, just ok. I was also surprised by the lack of dining options for such a large resort but, DTD is just a short boat ride away. Lots of options there.

Maleficent's Dad
04-20-2008, 05:13 AM
There are three places you can get something to eat already prepared. You can buy (somewhat limited) groceries at Conch Flats General Store (adjacent to where you check in).

Olivia's
We consider this a very "safe" place to eat and enjoy it very much. It's a laid-back type of place with good food; we've almost always had good service there.

Good's To Go
Basic sandwiches and limited b'fast at a take-out window close to the main pool. Does well in a pinch, but nothing special.

Turtle Shack
At the back end of the resort near (one of) the quiet pool(s), it has a limited menu with sandwiches, hot dogs, and pizza. This place is not always opened - they call it "seasonal," and the one time we were in a room back there, it was indeed open. It does in a pinch.

My first thought was for such a large resort not a whole lot of options. I guess I was surprised. Thanks for the info
The dining options are limited because the design of the resort was that of a time-share. All rooms have refrigerators, and 1BR's and larger have kitchens. SSR, the only other "DVC-dedicated" resort also has limited dining options for that reason.

dizknee531
04-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Olivia's is great and so is the Turtle Shack. We have also ordered from Pizza Hut and a chinese restaurant off property.They delivered right to our room.(2.00 delivery fee) Great options in the phonebook. The front desk will also give you suggestions too!! Enjoy!!:mickey:

g8rgirl29
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I think Olivia's is great for a nice relaxing lunch. I especially like their Mozzarella and Tomato Stack appetizer, the Penne Pasta with Chicken and Asiago Cheese, Key Lime Tart (yummy), and the Cheesecake. My husband really liked the Blackened Grouper Sandwich and of course the desserts. They also have brewed sweetened iced tea which is a little hard to find at Disney. I didn't care much for Goods to Go but it would do in a pinch.