PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Pin?

Mary M
04-19-2008, 02:58 PM
I know you can get birthday pins at Town Hall in MK on your birthday.

But...

My husband and I are going to WDW for our 10th anniversary. Is there any pin for that?

And we're not going to MK this trip. Can I get it at Epcot?

:dance:

Claudielou
04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
According to the Moms forum, you can get anniversary pins also. Our 40th anniversary is this month, we are going in September (154 days and counting). I plan on getting pins, since this is an anniversary splurge!:dance:

Happy 10th!!!:congrats:

J9
04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, you can get an Anniversary pin at any of the Guest Relations. It's a really cute pin - red and pink with Mickey and Minnie hugging. My parents are totally getting one when we go in November (whether they like it or not!)

GoofeyAtDisney
04-19-2008, 07:11 PM
:party:
My parents (im 16) surprised me a few days ago with a trip coming up in only 13 days!
We are going for their 20th anniversary and my mom was wondering about these pins. Now I can let her know! :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-20-2008, 05:27 AM
The pins are as follows:

Happy Birthday
Feliz Complianos (I think it's spelt wrong)
Happy Anniversary
Just Married
Magical Gatherings
1st Visit

There are also:
Fairy Tale Fantasy
Call to Adventure
Conservation Buttons

There were:
Epcot 25th Anniversary (which proudly hangs in my car window)

cal5755
04-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Do they have these at the resorts or are they just in MK?? We have never gotten a pin before but I want to get one for Aunt Apple for her first visit and I would like to get one of the magical gatherings for our party.. I didnt even know they had those.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Both the parks and the resorts have them. Just visit the front desk.

2MuchWDFun
04-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Do they have these at the resorts or are they just in MK?? We have never gotten a pin before but I want to get one for Aunt Apple for her first visit and I would like to get one of the magical gatherings for our party.. I didnt even know they had those.

Just to be clear...these are free pins; not the kind you buy from the pin kiosks, etc. As others have stated before, you pick them up at each park's guest relations. It's fun to have a guest that is walking by you say "Happy Birthday" or have a CM that is taking you to your table for lunch say "Happy Anniversary". It kind of makes your own Disney magic:magic:

cal5755
04-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I am glad for this thread and thanks for the info... we will make sure we inquire at check in. It will be cool to have Aunt Apple have a 1st visit button!!

Aggie97
04-20-2008, 07:10 PM
When I made the resort reservation for our most recent trip, I told them it was our 10th anniversary. They gave us anniversary buttons when we checked in. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Since we never knew about these pins on our first visit, do you think that I would be able to get a first visit pin now for my scrapbook? We will definitely be picking up an Anniversary one.

brewcrew26
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
When I made the resort reservation for our most recent trip, I told them it was our 10th anniversary. They gave us anniversary buttons when we checked in. :mickey:

When we checked in for our honeymoon last week at CBR, they gave us our pins then, too. Just ask then, it's probably a lot easier then getting them at a guest relations at one of the parks. Plus, you can reap the benefits right away! People are so nice. We were congratulated absolutely everywhere. I was in the bathroom and people would come up to me.

I was really surprised at how many people are getting the pins now. Lots of honeymoons, 1st visits, birthdays, and anniversaries.

Figment104
04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
We went for our honeymoon last year and ended up with 4 of the honeymoon pins. They were given to us at check-in and then we had been told by so many people before we left that we just had to stop in at City Hall (?) at MK and tell them we were on our Honeymoon to get a surprise (didn't realize that the surprise was a pin which is great).
We're planning on going for our first anniversary this year so now we'll just have to add to our collection! :cloud9:

RockinRollerMom
04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know if you have to be there during your actual anniversay to get one of these pins? My family will be traveling next December and part of the big celebration is to celebrate mine and my DH's 10 year anniversay. However our actual anniversary isn't until late spring. We never travel to Disney during that time due to heavy crowds and hot weather. Would we be cheating if we got a pin?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-21-2008, 01:14 PM
You don't have to be there for your actual day to get the buttons.

But this is just my opinion when I say this and I figure most people will disagree but I say if it's more than a month away, then passing on the buttons would be best. You will have other trips and Disney will most likely always have something for you, so you can always plan it closer next time you visit.

I think this is the reason why you see so many more people these days with the buttons. Guests are thinking they might increase their chances of winning something or getting something for free when all it does is commemorate a special day in their life. Any magic that happens, if any, is just a bonus because having it doesn't entitle the Guests to receive a free item or upgrade.

But, that's my opinion. I personally, will never get a 1st visit button because I had my first visit 23 years ago and they never had them. Not to mention I'm in the park everyday.

biodtl
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
But this is just my opinion when I say this and I figure most people will disagree but I say if it's more than a month away, then passing on the buttons would be best. You will have other trips and Disney will most likely always have something for you, so you can always plan it closer next time you visit.

I think this is the reason why you see so many more people these days with the buttons. Guests are thinking they might increase their chances of winning something or getting something for free when all it does is commemorate a special day in their life. Any magic that happens, if any, is just a bonus because having it doesn't entitle the Guests to receive a free item or upgrade.

But, that's my opinion. I personally, will never get a 1st visit button because I had my first visit 23 years ago and they never had them. Not to mention I'm in the park everyday.

I agree with you. We will be there on our anniversary and we plan on getting pins (we were there before on it, but dind't know about the pins). Both kids have birthdays 2 weeks after our visit, but they won't be getting pins since their birthdays don't fall during the trip.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Really? See, I figured within a month is acceptable. After that, it starts getting into the realm of how long is too long? If the special day is 6 months away, then why not come every year in May for a November birthday?

If that makes any sense....

JMTStone
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
We actually changed our DD6's birthday. We were there Thanksgiving 2007. We tried and tried to get an appt at BBB and Cinderella castle for her birthday on the 24th. We couldn't get the ADRs. So we changed her birthday to the 25th when she got a special Birthday sash at the BBB. Don't tell her :secret:

huzzah4
04-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Keep in mind that when you see people post "pins", these are not the typical trading pin size. These are larger buttons, approximately 2 1/2 - 3 inches in diameter. This is, I assume, to make them more easily visible from a distance to CM's and other guests.

I was quite glad that we got our Just Married pins on our honeymoon, we got a couple of free desserts, and had tons of people tell us congratulations, it made our trip so special (not that it wasn't already since I had my beautiful wife by my side). On another trip, I helped a CM in the store at AKL and she rewarded me with one of the conservation pins, which I wore in AK that day. I recieved quite a few thank yous from the CM's there, and a free frozen lemonade with lunch.

brewcrew26
04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
We were married in February but weren't able to take our honeymoon until last week. We had a few people when they asked seem like we were trying to milk it so late since some people are able to take their honeymoons right away. But other people were really understanding, especially CMs.

The pins came in handy a lot of times. We got front row seats for EE, Splash Mountain, and were all alone in some ride vehicles. We also got pixie dust spread on our dinner tables, champagne toasts, and a free dessert.

One CM in the CBR gift shop noticed the pins and gave us a signed photograph of Mickey and Minnie in a commemorative folder. And the Disney Wedding people came into our rooms when we were at the parks with a signed certificate one day.

biodtl
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
We actually changed our DD6's birthday. We were there Thanksgiving 2007. We tried and tried to get an appt at BBB and Cinderella castle for her birthday on the 24th. We couldn't get the ADRs. So we changed her birthday to the 25th when she got a special Birthday sash at the BBB. Don't tell her
That's hilarious!

We were married in February but weren't able to take our honeymoon until last week. We had a few people when they asked seem like we were trying to milk it so late since some people are able to take their honeymoons right away. But other people were really understanding, especially CMs.

I think that's perfectly fine - you were on your honeymoon after all...

Really? See, I figured within a month is acceptable. After that, it starts getting into the realm of how long is too long? If the special day is 6 months away, then why not come every year in May for a November birthday?

Oh - I definitely think that within a month is acceptable, but we just feel weird about it for ourselves.