PDA

View Full Version : DDP....like it?

maizey05
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
How was your experience with the DDP at DL? We've done the one at WDW, and I know this one is more of a voucher system. What do you think?

Melanie
04-20-2008, 02:33 AM
The two plans are not anything alike, and all I've ever heard from our Disneyland experts here is that the Disneyland dining plan is not worth it.

BrerGnat
04-20-2008, 10:41 AM
It's not worth it. I've read a lot about it (never used it as I'm a local), but from my understanding, it is just vouchers that have a fixed dollar value (same value as a dollar) but can only be used in certain ways (not as flexible as using cash). All it does is alleviate you from having to carry cash, but in today's society, and at DLR in particular, you can pay with credit/debit pretty much anywhere, including many food carts! It's useless, and the worst part about it is if you don't use up your vouchers, you can't get your money back. Also, they cannot give "change" from vouchers. If you buy something that is $11 and you use a $15 voucher, you will NOT get your $4 back.

Just budget in dining and pay for it with a credit/debit card or with traveler's cheques.

maizey05
04-20-2008, 02:42 PM
They soooo need to apply the WDW dining plan DL. It seems that the DDP has been such a hit, why would they not have it at DL? I absolutely love the WDW DDP. It's silly, but I really delighted in getting a reciept for my meal, coming home and totaling up the cost vs. what we paid for DDP. WOW! We saved like $120 for the 2 of us!

BrerGnat
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I think they don't do the WDW DDP at DL because many people stay offsite and even those who stay onsite don't necessarily book packages. There are so many ways to get discounted DL tickets (AAA, Costco, Military, etc) that a lot of people that are staying in the hotels are either AP holders or are taking advantage of something like the Costco "Play 4 days" tickets. Also, DLR does not have too many TS restaurants, in comparison to WDW. And, even stuff like ADR's are not handled the same, as there are so many day guests and "last minute" visitors. The dining plan would probably not be as successful at DL as it is at WDW. Also, close to 1/4 of the sit down restaurants at DLR are not even Disney owned...they are the Downtown DIsney restaurants owned by outside companies. They would probably not participate in the DDP, if it existed.

MegaDisney
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
The only advantage I can see to the Dining Program at Disneyland is the ability to pre-pay for dining in advance of your trip.

Might as well just buy a few Disney Dollars every week leading up to your trip, it would be the same benefit with much more flexibility.

NotaGeek
04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
The only advantage I can see to the Dining Program at Disneyland is the ability to pre-pay for dining in advance of your trip.

Might as well just buy a few Disney Dollars every week leading up to your trip, it would be the same benefit with much more flexibility.

I totally agree! The fact that DL won't make change from the vouchers is reason enough to nix the dining plan option. it would make more sense to use the Disney Dollars or just cash so you don't lose out or feel like you have to buy more food then you want so you don't throw money away.