PDA

View Full Version : Our ADRs - need suggestions

disneygoofball
04-19-2008, 02:00 PM
We're in the process of making ADRs for our upcoming trip in Aug/Sept. Right now we have already made ADRs for:
Le Cellier
Teppen Edo
CRT (for the little ones)

Those two are favorites of all of us, and we definitely want to go back there. There are some other favorites we're wanting to visit, but I'd like to try something new. Here's what I'm thinking of and I'd love input on the ones we haven't been to, and any suggestions for some of the other days we'll be there. There are 6 adults and two children (4 and 2 - both girls). At least one adult doesn't eat seafood at all. Here's what we're thinking:

Biergarten (never been, but my Dad is German)
Chef Mickey's (also never been)
Crystal Palace (must do)
Brown Derby (also a fav.)

Does anyone have a favorite at AK? From the times I've been there before, I haven't been really impressed with the food options. Thanks for your help!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Biergarten is great! It is a must do on our trips. The food is always hot and delicious, great German beers and the entertainment is lots of fun. We also really like the atmosphere.

Crystal Palace had great food and we got pictures with all of the characters.....within about 45 mins. We made an early reservation for when they first opened.

I haven't tried Chef Mickeys but I never heard anything but great comments about the place.

We've never found anything great at AK. We usually just eat at Flame Tree BBQ.

The only other restaurant I might suggest would be Ohanas. We love it and it's a must do. Great food and fun atmosphere. We try to make our ADR for when we can see the fireworks.....great view.

Have fun planning!:mickey:

eyoreswife
04-19-2008, 07:56 PM
are you thinking about dinner on your animal kingdom day? because we always eat at bomas for dinner on our animal kingdom day, it's a must do for us every trip, also i agree with the ohana suggestion, another must do for us, we did chef mickey's on one of our trips and had a great time, i wouldn't go back again but reccomend it just for the experience ecspecially for the kids the character interaction is one of the best.

kathiep
04-20-2008, 09:16 AM
We really enjoy Biergarten - it's a must do for every trip. The atmosphere is wonderful and the entertainment is great. You won't be disappointed in the food either.

We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We've never done dinner but are looking forward to trying it in Sept.

As for AK, we really enjoyed Boma last year. We went for the dinner buffet which was great. Then we spent a lot of time exploring the resort and seeing the animals, which our kids, 4 & 2, really loved.

ECo
04-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Biergarten is fun. Try to plan your reservations around the entertainment. The kids will enjoy it and can get up and go dance if they want.

We really love Boma at AKL. We go there every trip. The food is always great and have never had an issue with service. It is nice to get there early or stay late to see the animals and look around the lodge.

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Why not try the Cape May buffet at Beach Club.

Here is what they have - I got this from their menu in Feb when a friend of mine went and brought it back for me.

SOUPS
New England Clam Chowder
Cape May's Tomato Bisque with Basil

CARVING STATION
Hand-Carved Prime Rib of Beef with au jus and horseradish cream

SALADS
Mixed Lettuce with Dressing and Condiments
Casear Salad
Broccoli Salad
Potato Salad
Ambrosia
Seafood Salad
Cole Slaw

AMERICAN SIDE OF BUFFET
Smoked BBQ Pork Ribs
Mashed Red Skinned Potatoes
Chef's Vegetable Selection
Steamed Corn on the Cob
Pasta du Jour
Steamed Red Bliss Potatoes

SEAFOOD SIDE OF BUFFET
Farm Raised Clams with Garlic Butter
Prince Edward Island Sound Mussels with Roasted Tomato Butter
Seasonal Fish du Jour
Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp

CHILDREN'S BUFFET
Macaroni & Cheese
Mini Hot Dogs
Crispy Fish Nuggets
Fried Chicken Strips

We will be trying it for the first time, but my friends said it was fabulous. I am not a seafood person either, but this sounds delish!!

disney100%
04-21-2008, 06:52 AM
We also love Beirgarten and already are planning on eating there for our October trip. There is plenty of choices on the buffet. My DS was only 14 months last time we went and I think he may have eaten as much as the adults!