PDA

View Full Version : Mickey lamp post

NJ Camper
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
At one time some one had posted a link to how to build a mickey lamp post with pics and a how to build some how i lost it can anyone please re post or PM me so i can try to save it agian

faline
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Is this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109242&highlight=lamp+post) what you're looking for?

NJ Camper
04-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks alot i also found this i know there was a different one also that had step by step directions and pics i even printed it but lost it guess this will give me an idea then i'll wing the rest

Disneyfamilyoffive
04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
We Have a Mickey Lamp post that we made ourself, Looks some what like the others, My husband and myself just went to the Home Depot. Picked up three globes two the same size and one bigger for Mickey's head. Then we found the light bulb fixture (replacement part) to go up into the head, then went to the plumbing section and found a three inch round pipe and for the base we used a 6 inch drain and found the pieces to go from 6 inch back to 3 inch so it would make the pole stand sturdy. We picked up an extention cord to use for the electricity, ran it through the pole to attach to the light fixture, added a hole at the bottom of the pole to run the cord through, put that all together, added concrete to the bottom of the base before we attached it to the pole, so it would not fall over. Then for the Mickey head we cut the circles out with a dremel tool and apoxyed them to the larger head with the holes. Know it sounds like alot, but it was a lot of fun putting it together and now we have a woderful addition to our campsite every time we go. I have tried to send you a copy of the picture, sorry it is not working