PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only

pcoleman
04-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm so excited, I just a trip for September at POP with free dining. This will be a girls only trip. No DH or DD. Anyone else ever ditch the family and go to be with friends? This will be my first time staying at Disney owned property and using the dining service. Also will be using magical express.
Anyone have any suggestions about any of these services or the resort. We are a group of 40 somethings so also looking for a good room suggestion. Remember being close to food or transportation is not an issue for us.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-19-2008, 10:51 AM
We always request ground floor, close to parking lot in the 2000 section. Ground floor because I don't want to walk the steps nor do I want to walk all the way to the middle of the building just to get to the elevator. The parking lot because we always drive but if you won't have your own transportation then I would want to be in a building close to the main enterance. That is where all the busses come and go. It is quite a walk from all of the buildings. We ask for building 2000 because it was built last and used to be in the best condition but we did stay in the 60's section last January and it was no different.
Have fun!:balloon:

senderella
04-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Girls only. What fun! I just did that in Feb. It was awesome. I love my family, but it is so nice to get away, and what better place! We are already planning next years GIRLS ONLY trip!

Have lots and lots of fun!

Tuke
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm a guy, and I apologize for making a suggestion, but having read this I felt like I should. Whatever you do, do NOT get a room on the ground floor! For the love of mercy, if you want to get ANY sleep at all get a room on the second floor or above. I have stayed at pop ten-twelve times, and love it, but the constant passage of people (kids running&shouting), golf carts, and pizza delivery vans, is more than enough to keep you up all night. I would tell my DW the same thing if she were going with her girlfriends.

:thumbsup:

pcoleman
04-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the suggestion, and no I do not mind you are a guy. We are thinking 3rd or 4th floor might be the best. As I said before we do not mind the walk. If I was with my DD and other large family groups I would want the closest possible room. We are more about the trip together and the experience than what is best for a family.

Tuke
04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
If you don't mind the advice, let me just add one more little thing for you. Since the walk isn't an issue, ask for a room in the back side (away from the pool), 2-4 floor, of the 50's building. You get peace and quiet, AND a GREAT view of the EPCOT fireworks. Every night you'll see your neighbors out on the balconies getting a unique view of a great show.
My DW's personal recommendation for you and the girls is to be sure to enjoy some margaritas INSIDE the Mexico pavillion. :marg:

Enjoy your trip!

:thumbsup: