PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom on Saturday?

the other micki
04-19-2008, 01:08 AM
On the "Unofficial Guide" site, it recommends visiting the MK on Saturday over Friday. My common sense tells me that any weekday is better than on the weekend...Anybody with any practical knowledge to share?

Thanks!

Gator
04-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Saturday is major travel day for most visitors. And most visitors to WDW stay for a week. It's not like DL where 15-20 million people live withing 100 miles, take off Friday night, see DL on Saturday and DCA of Sunday before they head back home for work. With four parks, people are forced to take vacation time to visit WDW, usually flying or driving long distances there. Saturday is the travel day. Their numbers verify what logic dictates.

If anything, avoid a park with a special event on a Saturday - like the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It gets really crowded and the lines are long from all the locals on the weekend.

#1donaldfan
04-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Saturday is a very good day as long as you go at opening !!

....we normally check-out Saturday AM, and finish off the week at MK...it's mostly empty very early..... good luck !!:mickey:

dinahvixen
04-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Granted, I was there in a September, so crowds are lower anyway - but we were in MK both Friday and Saturday and it was much more crowded on Saturday. I asked someone why and they told me it was the locals. It may be different at a different time of the year, though, since September isn't the main tourist season.

Altair
04-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Avoid MK on Saturday if possible. Avoid all parks on weekends if you can pull it off.:mickey: