PDA

View Full Version : Can I whine a minute??

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I had mentioned on here 2 weeks ago that I was going in for another knee surgery, my fourth.
Recovery has been tough. Worse then the others. I am not in pain so much now as I am just uncomfortable and frustrated.
I started PT this week and of course that adds to the pain dept.:ill:
I was told that I could not drive until my stitches were out. Which was supposed to be today.
I went to the Dr and he was only able to take out the stitches in the two small incisions. The large incision has not healed yet so he cannot take those out until next Friday!!:(
So, another week of no driving! Even though my husband has been great, it is still really hard to have to rely on him to do anything or go anywhere.
Add the 4 more weeks of crutches and I am really cranky!!!
Now for the rest of my whine. Sorry!:blush:
I have had tickets to go to a Kenny Chesney (big country music fan!) concert for months now. It is tomorrow night. My seat is on the aisle so, I would be able to keep my leg out straight when I sat. I am in an immobilizer so, it has to be straight when I sit. I figured since the stitches would be out that I would be able to bend it a little to get comfy. Of course, the stitches could not be removed yet, so bending it is not an option.
I had to call my sister who I was going to the concert with, and tell her I can't go. I would not be comfortable and I am afraid that my knee would get bumped etc, and I would be miserable. The concert is in Connecticut so, it would have been overnight too. I told her to take my other sister with her.
I know my knee is the important thing. I am just feeling down and sorry for myself so I needed to vent somewhere. Feel free to ignore me..lol.
My kids are also out of school on Monday and Tuesday and the weather here has been gorgeous the past few days. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend and I can't do anything outside with them. My husband will be home during the day but, he has to go in at 3:30. The kids are being so good, I just feel bad that they have to deal with this again too. My last surgery was just in November!!

Okay, pity party over!! Hopefully I wake up in a much better frame of mind tomorrow!!

PirateLover
04-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Everyone is entitled to a little whining now and then. :pixie: for your knee, I hope you're up and running soon!

crazypoohbear
04-19-2008, 07:00 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Lots of pixie dust for a speedy recovery.
Dont worry about your kids,they will be fine. just the thought that you want to go outside and play with them is good!

Gooftroop5
04-19-2008, 07:15 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:
Hope you feel better soon.

Tinkerfreak
04-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Whine away and we will all listen. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm really sorry you had to miss the Kenney Chesney concert.

MsMin
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
ok, I brought the cheese and crackers for that whine because you do deserve to complain and I'm so proud of you for the sacrifices you are making to help your leg heal properly...:pixie:

murphy1
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Sweetie, after going through all that and being a mommy to deal with, you deserve to have a full on tantrum! Please don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't have kids with my last major surgery and it still took me a month to recover, not in an area like your knee that you are using a lot, so you need to give yourself as much time as you need.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-20-2008, 06:58 PM
You guys are great!! Thanks so much for the ear and the well wishes!

I am still a little cranky but, I am trying to come out of it.:blush:

My other sister ended up backing out of the concert so, my husband actually went to the concert last night. He had a great time and said that even though he is not a big country music fan like me, that Kenny Chesney sounded "Pretty good". ;) I was glad he was able to go. He has been such a huge help to me that it was nice for him to get out and enjoy himself.

So, I am trying to get out of my pity party. Thanks again for helping me.:rocks:

wdwgrl377
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
We are all entitled to whine a little and then some! There's a great bunch of people on the boards here that will listen and understand!

Praying for you to feel ALL better soon! Here's some :pixie::pixie: for a speedy recovery!! :hug:

Marilyn Michetti
04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you have a right to feel bad. I've had both my knees replaced, my ankle reconstructed, and am looking at hip surgery within the next couple of months. I KNOW where you're at, and IT AIN'T NO FUN !!!!!

Let's all hope it's your last "slappin knee follies".:ill:

Here we go again...
04-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Trust me, I know what you are going through. You have every right to feel the way you do. For some reason when your knees, ankles hips, etc. hurt it affects your whole body.
I had 3 surgeries on my knees in 6 months, the last one being total knee replacement. Here I sit almost a year later and I am still having complications.

Just remember to stick with your Physical Therapy. Get in a pool if possible. I go to a wellness clinic and work out in the water every day from 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. You would not believe how much better the water makes you feel.

There is something to be said about having your independence. Once you can start driving you will feel much better.
:pixie: