PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spot to watch Illuminations?

butterfly18237
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I was just wondering what everyone favorite spot to watch illuminations?

Gator
04-19-2008, 01:33 AM
I really loved being near the boat dock near Germany. There's a speaker pumping the music right there, plus you can see the reflections of the pyro barge off the glass of the merchandise store across the lake.

PetefromRI
04-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Anywhere between Norway and Mexico.My wife usually buys her:marg: and enjoys the show.I'd love to get a water side table at the Cantina but I hate to wait around that long.

threeh
04-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Riding Test track.:D

Ok, really I've seen Illuminations from the bridge between France and England and had a good view. The good thing about Illuminations is it seems to be a decent view from any where you plunk down in World showcase. I've been told it's cool to watch from the deck in the Japanese pavilion and I think if you could score an outside table at Rose and Crown that would also be a great view.

Happy planning:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I agree with the outside table at Rose & Crown. Nothing better than a show, good food & a beer!!:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I have two places I tend to enjoy - between Japan and America as well as between China and Mexico. Both are really good, in my opinion.

Mary M
04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Outside Japan. Nice long walk back to the front after the show.

TheMartellFamily
04-19-2008, 03:23 PM
we like being on the bridge by the old Oddessey Restaurant and first aid station. You can see everything and you can get out of the park before the big crowds come. There are not alot of people here so no one is pushing or fighting for a spot.

IamBelle
04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
I usually eat at the Cantina in Mexico and watch it there, but when we sat down 30 mins b4, it started to rain and I was soaked, so make sure you sit at a table with an umbrella!

brewcrew26
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
We just got back from our honeymoon and now I have to say my favorite place to watch Illuminations is from the porch at Rose & Crown.

It was chilly on the night we were there -- low to mid 40s (and we're from Wisconsin), but this was even cold for us. It was still a great view, though! The music was amazing. No one could stand in front of us. And, I could eat my dessert while watching it.

I'm sure if it was warmer all of the tables would have been full, but I would say that only 3/4 of the outside patio tables were full and not many people came from inside to watch since it was so brisk.

Still, it was absolutely magical!