PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Disney Keepsake

letsdoitagain
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
If you could take one item out of any of the Disney parks to keep for yourself free of charge, what would it be?

One rule: no takign the castle or other permenant structure like entire rides. Peices from rides are OK.

I would take a splash moutain log and use it as a tv watching seat.:thumbsup:

julyjewel
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I would take a character costume. Maybe one of the princesses or Mickey.:mickey:

Crystal Palace
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I would take a whole handful of treasure from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I would also like to take the Madame Leota tombstone. That would be a great Halloween decoration!

the real Alice
04-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I would take the Chef from Le Cellier to cook for me at home! I also want the screen from soarin so I can pretend to sail at home!

msc_idiot
04-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Are you kidding? Captain Jack. Totally.

fairies*n*fireflies
04-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Maybe Mary Poppins, to keep my kids in check. hehehe:nono:

irish1967
04-18-2008, 05:04 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm with msc!

Nini
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I don't know what they're called, but in the Haunted Mansion, after the stretching room when you're in line there are these post things that hold the rope line thing. They have bat like things on top of them:bat:. Every time we're in this line I say I want one of those!! :cool:

Denise :mickey:

Dulcee
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I've got my item in my bedroom. A couple of years ago in MGM we did the animation backstage walk through thing, can't remember its actual name. Anyway, at the end you walk through the room with all cells and artwork form disney movies. We hung around towards the back and lucky us a Disney :mickey: Animator was actually in one of the rooms talking to people. We approached him last and he saw my birthday :party: pin. Turns out he had just finished working on Lilo & Stich and proceeded to draw me a quick sketch of Stich holding a cupcake with rocket ready to take off in it. He signed it and gave it to me. It is my most treasured Disney keepsake ever and possibly my most memorable event from our many trips to WDW.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I've got my item in my bedroom. A couple of years ago in MGM we did the animation backstage walk through thing, can't remember its actual name. Anyway, at the end you walk through the room with all cells and artwork form disney movies. We hung around towards the back and lucky us a Disney :mickey: Animator was actually in one of the rooms talking to people. We approached him last and he saw my birthday :party: pin. Turns out he had just finished working on Lilo & Stich and proceeded to draw me a quick sketch of Stich holding a cupcake with rocket ready to take off in it. He signed it and gave it to me. It is my most treasured Disney keepsake ever and possibly my most memorable event from our many trips to WDW.

That is awesome!! What a great keepsake you will always have!!:cool:

IloveDisney71
04-18-2008, 08:57 PM

That is the first thing that popped into my head! He looks so real. I'd love to have him hanging out around the house. :blush:

elmjimmlm
04-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I would want the Lady and Tramp statue in Tonys...Since Im there Ill take all the lithos in there too...:) I would also want the castle in World of Disney store at DtD...

linedropper
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I would take the bronze sculpture of Walt Disney sitting on the bench! right when you walk into MK! I would put it right in the middle of my front yard and it would make me think of DW every time I came home!

Steve:mickey:

Nini
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I would take the bronze sculpture of Walt Disney sitting on the bench! right when you walk into MK! I would put it right in the middle of my front yard and it would make me think of DW every time I came home!

Steve:mickey:

Isn't that Roy?

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2008, 11:46 PM
If I could go back a few years, I'd take one of the ride vehicles from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! :mickey: That would be the ultimate seat for watching Disney movies! :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
04-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Isn't that Roy?

Yup, it's Roy sitting with Minnie. Walt is standing in front of the castle with Mickey pointing towards Main St.

Boy, I'm not sure what i'd want. I guess the Epcot fountain in my backyard complete with music and shows throughout the day.

Gator
04-19-2008, 01:24 AM
I'd love to grab a piece of giant glitter from the old Epcot wand. It was laying a field for some time after my last trip and anybody could have grabbed something. But being 3000 miles away makes it rough. As much as everyone hated the wand, it meant a lot to me. I should check ebay.

TheRustyScupper
04-19-2008, 10:15 AM
1) My tastes are simple.
2) I simply want the $18,000 hand-glass-blown castle.

laward32
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
1) My tastes are simple.
2) I simply want the $18,000 hand-glass-blown castle.
That is exactly what I want to. It is soooo beautiful. I could take my dining room table out of the dining room and it would have its own room.:mickey:

KAJUNKING
04-19-2008, 10:35 AM
philharmagic movie screen

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-19-2008, 12:44 PM
The Partners Statue so everyday, I can have Walt looking over me and guiding my dreams.

RobWreck
04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Can I have a monorail and enough track to get back and forth to work and school? I've got my monorail pilot license... :D
Rob

KineGirl
04-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I would want one of the hand crank type penny press machines.. preferrably one with classic Mickey. I would also love to have one of the ships we fly around in on Peter Pan

Jasper
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I already have the most precious thing you can get at Walt Disney World. . . . I have the wonderful memories of spending pleasant days and joyful nights at the parks with my family!!!

Belle_0717
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
I would take the Partners statue.

DH would take Mater

My dad would want Uncle Orville in the bathtub from COP.

My Mom would want an elephant from The Jungle Cruise.

Mickey91
04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I would like to have the Walter E. Disney train engine!!! That would be soooooo cool!!!:train: ALL ABOARD!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-20-2008, 05:21 AM
I would take the Partners statue.

DH would take Mater

My dad would want Uncle Orville in the bathtub from COP.

My Mom would want an elephant from The Jungle Cruise.

I am prepared to fight to the death for the statue! En Garde!:thedolls:

DNS
04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Partners statue for sure.

cal5755
04-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Mom wants to take Sonny E from Cosmic Rays and set him up in the corner of the dining room for endless entertainment.

DH wants Jasmine (can't imagine why)

I want the dole whip machine with a never ending supply of ingredients lol.

conwayjohn71
04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
DD's both want a Dumbo

DW wants the flower bed in front of MK with the Mickey siloutte

I want the screen from soaring to watch football on

Goofy1138
04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I would LOVE to have the giant AT-AT which stands in front of Star Tours! Or one of the tea cups from Mad Tea Party.

fysh
04-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I already have it all. I just leave it all in Florida so everyone else can enjoy it too.:fish:

battle beast
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
...proceeded to draw me a quick sketch of Stich holding a cupcake with rocket ready to take off in it. He signed it and gave it to me.

Lucky Son of a gun! ::jealous::

battle beast
04-21-2008, 01:02 PM
When I was at disneyland in 2001, I went to the men's room in Tomorrowland. I happened to kick an "exit" sign near the bottom of a wall by accident, and it came off! I hid it in a bush, and took it just before I left the park! I still have it! :thumbsup:

Also, I got a "drink sign" from ice station cool in EPCOT... you know the taps that pour the soda? each one has a flat piece that says the flavour... well I got one from the Watermellon soda. :thumbsup:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Assuming that they come as a set :blush: I'd like to take the 4 "Grim Grinning Ghost" head statues from HM!

Chris :hatter:

AdventurerKim
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I would take a Doombuggy! :thumbsup:

joonyer
04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Well, what I'd really like to have is the entire Tom Sawyer's Island with Fort & Caves. My boys and I love to play paintball, and TSI would make an awesome paintball battlefield. But since your rules prohibit taking an entire attraction I'd just take the Fort. :D

If it has to be something smaller I'd take the sitting Goofy statue form Town Square in MK, to put on my front porch bench.

MissMaryPoppins
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I want one of those giant chairs in the lobby of the Boardwalk or a painting from one of the galleries in the parks.

Joy

Marilyn Michetti
04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd like the small yellow "house" from Toontown for my Chow, Cody to enjoy.:dog:

Also, the Pluto topiary - don't know where it is.:pluto:

EvilQueen2006
04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I would like the Miss Piggy fountain from the Studios.

SFTrny
04-22-2008, 03:28 AM
I would want one of the flying boats from Peter Pan, which I would mount from the ceiling in my house. Oh..and one of the retired submarines from 20K Leagues. I wonder if it would work in open water....

mouselover93
04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
id take the limo from rocking roller coaster. i dont know why but it is

Marilyn Michetti
04-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Oh, one more thing. I'd like to have the flag that flies over the MK.

I was Veteran of the Day in Dec. of 2004 and got to hold it, but alas, they took it away after the ceremony. (I think there was a time that the Veteran got to keep it).:flag:

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll take two things:

This one (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2647586880042804337NdGsvF)

and

That one (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2096477210042804337rKJgss)

That's not asking too much is it?

4ubie1
04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I know this is not allowed but I would take the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in HS. I always thought it a cool concept and have wanted to start up something similar here at home. :D

If not that, then I would take one the table set-ups at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I love the atmosphere and thought it neat that you can watch old shows at your table. :cool:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I would take that bench with Goofy sitting on it right when you walk through the park gates entrance it is on the right on Main Street (I don't know which building it is in front of.) Id love to have that on my back patio... And the Gene Kelly scene from Singin in the rain in the Great Movie Ride in our family/entertainment room . DH wants Jasmine... go figure... DD's would like a Dumbo.

wdwgrl377
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd take one of the horses from Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. :cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Jingles, the new carousel horse honoring Julie Andrews in Disneyland,
or
Mary Poppins' umbrella (I see a trend here...:mickey:)
or
A sailing ship from Peter Pan
or
Actually I want all three AND Jack Sparrow.:wave:

Nini
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd take one of the horses from Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. :cloud9:

Ooohhhh, good one!!

I read somewhere that the one with the gold tail (and mane ?) is Cinderella's horse! I can't remember his name though! :blush:

Just some more trivia in case anyone didn't know! :dance:

kelly.garrett
04-23-2008, 01:09 AM
I want the carousel horse used in Mary Poppins that's in the Great Movie Ride line....at least I think that's where it is.

garymacd
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't take anything. Not that I wouldn't want to. There are so many things, so little time, so little room. But I want everyone to be able to enjoy everything the same way we have.

My most cherished memento of our trips is not some t-shirt that the girls can't wear anymore, not even some trinket or photo. It is the memories I keep locked in my mind and bring out once in a while and smile.

Wish there was an emotie for wistfulness

7DisneyFans
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
One of my daughters would like the huge guitar at the Rockin Roller Coaster!!! She loves the ride, but it makes me dizzy! :sick:

LauraleeH
04-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I absolutely love owls and I have always wanted an owl lantern from The Wilderness Lodge.

Also, I wouldn't mind the hearse outside of The Haunted Mansion.

The menu from The Beach Club (I would ask for one but they are dirty and I have this thing about germs...I'd want a brand new menu lol).

Mmm, and the big Mickey pumpkin from MNSSHP or a float from the Boo To You parade :)

Shugoondola
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I'd love to have the 1929 Cadillac outside the Grand Floridian. :car:

:mickey:

Disneydol
04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd love to have the old music box that's in the Main Street Train Station.:piano: It plays music with xylophone, tambourine, wood blocks, etc and you can see it working through a clear window on the front. It wasn't operational last time I tried - but it has worked in the past.

Put a quarter in and give it a try next time you walk by!!

Mrs Bus Driver
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Once on a trip to DL, DD and I had some frozen lemonades. After finishing it I decided to keep the little plastic glass (you know the kind with the stem:marg:) so I put it in my sweat shirt pocket. Later that night we decided to ride splash mountain:coaster: before leaving the park (as we always seem to get quite wet). Well sure enough we were soaked from head to toe. As we rode the parking lot tram back to our car I remembered the glass and pulled it out. It was about half full the CM hearing where the water came from said that was the best souvenir he'd seen all day :rotfl:. :mickey:

momof3+twins
04-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I had ALL kinds of ideas then I read Captain Jack and well, I would take him over anything else! There need to be a poll to see how many would take him over some other park item!LOL

MickeyChick
04-27-2008, 12:05 PM
All I want is an 80s poster from one of the rooms at Pop Century. I'll leave everything else there for others to enjoy. :) :mickey: