PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Jiko?

Aggie97
04-18-2008, 01:05 PM
My husband and I are staying at AKL for a few nights in June (for his birthday and Star Wars Weekend). It's our first time to stay or dine at AKL.

We may not have time to eat at both Boma and Jiko. If we can get to only one of them, which would you recommend?

Thanks very much! :mickey:

SBETigg
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
I haven't tried Jiko, but if it is just the two of you, it's worth noting that this one has a more elegant, upscale atmosphere. The food is presented in more of a gourmet style. If you're into fine dining, this is the one to choose. Two credits on the Dining Plan.

Boma is one of my family's favorites. The atmosphere is loud and almost cafeteria-esque, but the food is incredible and much better than most buffets I've attended. I'm not usually a buffet fan. Boma offers so many great things to try, more dishes than you can probably manage to attempt in one sitting. If you like adventures, trying new things, and a boisterous atmosphere, this is the one to choose. One credit on the Dining Plan.

Best wishes with the choice! I hope you get to do both.

JPL
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I would say go with Boma because it is the best Buffet Value at WDW. It will give you the oppurtunity to sample many different types of food. The food is top notch and the dessert area of the buffet can't be beat :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
If you are looking for a quiet dinner, Jiko is the place to go. It is a signature dining place and the food as well as the service is amazing!! The restaurant is very relaxing and I've even taken my DS with me (and when DH is along) and he behaves appropriately AND eats!

Boma on the other hand is a buffet and has several different food choices. It is a 180 in my opinion from Jiko (like apples and oranges), so if you are looking for a bit more variety (a good smattering of african type food) than Boma is the place to go.

So, it really all depends on what type of dining experience you are looking to have.

Kidsmom
04-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Jiko! I just ate there last week and it was incredible. The food and service was excellent. Great wines from Africa which our server helped us with.

I do agree that you can't compare the two. A buffet is different from Jiko....I think it depends if you are after just the food, but really good food (Boma) or a relaxing elegant experience (Jiko).

I think you will like either, its just what you want out of the dinner.

Have fun!!

xipetotec
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
My husband and I are staying at AKL for a few nights in June (for his birthday and Star Wars Weekend). It's our first time to stay or dine at AKL.

We may not have time to eat at both Boma and Jiko. If we can get to only one of them, which would you recommend?

Thanks very much! :mickey:

We were just there this past February, and we had a chance to try both.

I would *definitely* do Jiko! Let me say that I enjoyed both places. They are very different atmospheres though. Boma is a buffet, Jiko is "signature dining". And really it was probably one of ( if not THE ) best restaurants I've ever been to at WDW. Pricey, but great! :number1:

AllDisney
04-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Having eaten at both (and both are VERY different), I'd pick Jiko for a romantic dinner. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

It's a must do restaurant for us now:thumbsup: