PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Pirate & Princess Party

Magic Smiles
04-18-2008, 12:31 PM
We just booked our trip and we arrive 2 May. I noticed that there are 2 parties on while we will be there. My questions are:
- would DS (16) enjoy it?
- does everyone dress up in costume? We don't have any and this is pretty short notice for me to gather up 3 costumes.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

JPL
04-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about dressing up in costume not everyone does. As for your 16 yr old that wopuld depend on him the one plus is there are short waits on many of the big rides so he will be able ride the night away:thumbsup:

Aggie97
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
We did not dress up and had a great time.

Be sure to watch the parade and especially the fireworks! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-18-2008, 09:07 PM
We loved the pirates party last year! We didnt dress up, just wore our captain hook shirts and loved the party. If nothing else, the rides are open late, the fireworks are unbelievable, and the parade is great! I say give it a chance, I dont think you will be disappointed!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2008, 10:17 PM
We didn't really dress up, except for the 4 year old and that lasted about 5 minutes and he wanted to change. We had a 17, 16, 12 and 4 year old and they ALL had fun. Lots of people weren't dressed up.

thejens
04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Just think, if you don't have costumes I'll bet they will be selling some cute piratey mickey ears in the shops!:mickey:

threeh
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
We had soo much fun at P&P party. My kids wore pirate ****s ( i found sparkly pink skull heads at Target, they were perfect)and it was a blast. The fireworks are some of the best I've seen at Disney. If it is offered 2 times during your stay go for the weeknight if they have it, they don't seem as crowded as the weekend parties.
Have fun!!!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-19-2008, 08:20 PM
If it is offered 2 times during your stay go for the weeknight if they have it, they don't seem as crowded as the weekend parties.
Have fun!!!:mickey:

Unfortunately both nights that the party is offered are Fridays. We have decided on 9 May as the other date is 2 May, which is the day we arrrive and since we will be up at 2:30 am to catch our 6:00 am flight we will probably be a little tired that night.
We will be the ones with no pirate costumes but still having lots of fun!

doodleboy
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
We will be there on May 9th too. I have not done this party, but have done MNSSHP on sold out nights and found it was not that crowded. I can tell you that is does seem like the crowd moves together at times. If you are at the park before the party, get your bracelet early to avoid standing in line while the party is going on. I think they start distributing them at least an hour early.