PDA

View Full Version : Please rate & review the San Angel Inn

Jeff G
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the San Angel Inn thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows. (I'm including the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Boma - 3.54
'Ohana - 3.50
Le Cellier - 3.40
Chef Mickey's - 3.31
Garden Grill - 3.21
Biergarten - 3.11
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
Coral Reef - 2.75
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

(Please note that my intent for the reviews is the full dining experience which includes food quality, entertainment &/or character interaction.)

RockinRollerMom
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I know that this restaurant often gets really good reviews, but I have to say it is my least favorite in all of Disney. The service was horrible. The decor, even though pretty was so dark that I could barely see my food, and the food was not great at all. With all of the great dining choices at WDW I have to say this is one I will not be going back to.

Maleficent's Dad
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Always read mixed reviews of San Angel. We've been lucky - great, great service here, and decent food. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd actually give it a 2.5. It is somewhere in between average and very good....I went with 3.
They have one of the best atmosphere's....absolutely beautiful. Very romantic if you sit by the water.

The food is okay. Nothing to rave about.

BandMan
04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
My family thoroughly enjoyed it. The food, which seems to get very mixed reviews from many here at Intercot, was great. The service was good, even when we had an issue. (DS 9 is autistic and doesn't like candles. Since all of the tables are lit with candles, he was frightened. We blew out the candle and asked the waiter for a flashlight, which he found!)

The atmosphere is great, especially during lunchtime on a warm, sunny day. :number1:

pdrlkr
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
We have always enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

threeh
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
We've been like 5 years in a row and every time we've eaten at San Angel Inn and it's just gotten worse and worse. This last trip it was awful. Everything was dripping in cheese and not enjoyable. I feel bad saying negative things, but I am pretty easily pleased. I tend to enjoy most meals I myself don't have to cook or clean up, but this was BAD. The menu has changed a bit too, it may be "authentic mexican" but I just don't get it. IMHO a better option is the San Angel Cantina outside. They have more typical mexican food.
It doesn't help what they did to the Mexico ride either:thedolls:

pianobabe
04-19-2008, 12:39 PM
This is the one restaurant I will not go back to. I will usually give a place 2 or 3 chances to prove themselves to me (everyone has off days). The 3 times we have been here (different times of the year with a party of 2) have been awful. The food and service were poor. The atmosphere was the only thing that was good.

NJGIRL
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
We have eaten there 5 or 6 times and the serice has been excellant. Our food has always been good and we like the atmosphere.

momof3+twins
04-19-2008, 03:49 PM
If you like Mexican Food, and like the Mexican Pavillion you can't go wrong here. I thought the food was much better than the average Chevy's meal!

Magic Smiles
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
This is the restaurant that we have chosen to celebrate our 20th anniversary dinner at. Hope that we have a good night. We all (DS included) love Mexican food and we love the Mexican pavillion, so wanted to try it out. After a couple of :marg: I am sure all the food will taste great!:mickey:

gamblefamily5
04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I know that this restaurant often gets really good reviews, but I have to say it is my least favorite in all of Disney. The service was horrible. The decor, even though pretty was so dark that I could barely see my food, and the food was not great at all. With all of the great dining choices at WDW I have to say this is one I will not be going back to.

Ditto a millions times over!!!:ack::humph::noway: Also it took about 2 hours or more to dine there. Too much time for me!!!

SurferStitch
04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
DH and I didn't care for our meal at all there. I gave it a poor rating.

Yeah, atmosphere is nice, but I like to be able to SEE what I'm eating. I like dim lighting, but not to the point where I have to squint to try to see my plate.

Service was pretty bad. We could hardly understand our server, and he was painfully slow.

The food was sub-par. Meats seemed cheap, and my plate (from what I could see) looked like a pile of slop. Everything was in one big puddle.

We have never made an effort to go back. It would be a place we would go to if everything else was booked solid (maybe).

#1donaldfan
04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm going to have to rate it as far down toward bad as I can possibly go and still stay "G" rated!!!!

So far it has to rank as the worst place I have ever eaten, the food was horrible, the service was poor at best.

I have to say that we really, really were looking forward to eating there.....we rode the boats and came through the restaraunt part and the smell and atmosphere was very appealing....we finally made our way in to eat and could not have been more disappointed.

I've not read too many reviews that have a positive tone, and just a handfull of people have indicated that they liked the place.

I try to give each place it's "chance" and this place did everything it could possibly do to turn me away......

....sorry to be so negative, I just want everyone to know how bad it can be....:ack::ill:

RAIDER
04-21-2008, 07:29 AM
I found it "average" ...overpriced for what it is
only positives were the service and the settings :thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
We went several years ago and thought at that time it was ok. We feel that there are many great restaurants at EPCOT and some are better than others. The atmosphere is great, the food just OK.

Tigerinvestigator
04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
We never miss this restaurant on our trips. We love the food and atmosphere. Always request a table on the river of time!:thumbsup:

brownie
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
We ate here in 2001, so it's been a while. The food was good but it wasn't a good value. Our service was good at the time, and I really liked the atmosphere. It was especially nice since we were seated right on the "water." We haven't really felt the need to eat here again.

katzctkpt
04-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh, we absolutely hated this meal. :down::noway: We went on the ride and thought it smelled so good. So, it was around 2 and we decided to eat since it wasn't to busy. The waiter was rude. The soft drinks tasted horrible like there was something added to the taste/ the food was slopped on the plate and looked like something my dog would barf up.:ack: Sorry to bluntly put this but, that's how I viewed it, and the chips and salsa wasn't fresh it was something out of a bottle like paces/tostidos no flavor.

MickeyMousse
04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Honestly, we didn't find the food to be anything special. Now we eat at the Cantina and grab a ride at the Mexico Pavilion. Makes for a happy experience all the way around!

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
not Gooooood!!!!!!!!

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Not GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

JerseyDad
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
.....wow...seems like a lot of people went on the same day and had the same bad waiter and same bad cook! ;)

.....we've been there 4 or 5 times in the past 4 yrs and have had only good experiences. Good food....VERY good drinks....and a good time.

.....I will not however...go on the River of Time ride...since they changed it (all change...is BAD!! :mad:)

lightyearfan
04-22-2008, 04:31 PM
not Gooooood!!!!!!!!

so how do you really feel:D

lightyearfan
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
well it seems that me and dw will be in the minority on this one but we voted for very good, we've been back to San Angel 3 times now and all 3 times the food was decent, the atmosphere is really nice as well and as far as the dim lighting you can't tell me that you've never eaten at a resturant back home that does this,and you probably don't have any complaints, i think that it's suppossed to be dimmly lit, again me and dw have never had a problem seeing our food, if i don't finish like this i'll have my head chewed off, this is of course all (IMHO).

Victor

Spaceship Tigger
04-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I guess I should help offset some negative reviews here... We've eaten at San Angel three times and never had a bad experience. The food is pretty good and the atmosphere is great. I can't say that any of our servers have been very memorable, but that doesn't really bother me. I gave it a Very Good rating.

jakeybake
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
The atmosphere is great but the service and food is below par. I gave it a POOR rating.

We disliked it so much last August that my DW and I were upset that we wasted one of our table service credits on it.

That's when you know a place is lousy.