PDA

View Full Version : Please Rate & Review the 50's Prime Time Cafe

Jeff G
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the 50's Prime Time Cafe thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows. (I'm including the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

Flying Fish Cafe - 4.00
California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Boma - 3.54
'Ohana - 3.50
Le Cellier - 3.40
Chef Mickey's - 3.31
Garden Grill - 3.21
Biergarten - 3.11
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.11
Coral Reef - 2.75
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

(Please note that my intent for the reviews is the full dining experience which includes food quality, entertainment &/or character interaction.)

Hayden's Dad
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I like 50s but it is not my favorite. The atmosphere is nice although it felt a little crowded to me. The Pot Roast was excellent.

cal5755
04-18-2008, 01:08 PM
My mom and I loved this TS when we went in November. It was super crowded but we were there for Super Soap Weekend. It not only has great food and dessert it is extremely entertaining as well... "Elbows of the Table" and when mom pulled out her cell phone and was talking to dad "Hey we don't play with our walkie talkies at the dinner table" We so can not wait to bring the kids and dh there in Sept.

lightyearfan
04-18-2008, 04:11 PM
me and dw really enjoy 50's Prime Time, the atmosphere and food are really enjoyable, is it the best food at WDW no, but it isn't bad either, it's just a nice time when there. we'll be going again on our upcoming trip:mickey:

Victor

Jeff G
04-18-2008, 05:36 PM
The food at the 50's is different than a lot of the other choices in WDW and we always find it to be a nice change of pace.

I really enjoy the pot roast and the desert selection is very good. The theme is awesome as well the only down fall I have is that the wait staff is really hit or miss. Last year we had a young man that was really pushy and rushed us while the table next to us had a top notch waitress who fit the role to a T, it worked out well becuase we got all the laughs while not being the recipients.

E-OR
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I like 50's prime time and would probably eat there more often but my family of picky eaters don't find much on the menu that they like. It is a fun restaurant and I really love the 50's theming. The Sci Fi is our families favorite at MGM.

Bethanymouse
04-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I had to vote very good for the 50's prime time. The food is just ok. I enjoy the meatloaf meal and the fried herb cheese, but really you are there for the experience. That in itself makes the primetime worth visiting!

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I think the food here is possibly my favorite in all of WDW! It is the closest thing to a good home cooked meal you can buy. After a week of the same old, same old, a meal here is wonderful! The atmosphere is also tremendous! All in all, 50's is one of my three favorite restaurants at WDW! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
04-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Based on our one dining experience:
Food was very good.
Restaurant was crowded.
Interaction with server was good, joking etc.
That being said, I will be reluctant to return any time soon. From the time that we were seated at our table, untill we paid our bill was in excess of 1 and 1/2 hours! Our server would appear then disappear for great lengths of time. We saw similar waits at the other tables. (not being taken care of by 'our' server.)
We had to ask for our bill and we still had to wait to get it.

pianobabe
04-19-2008, 12:47 PM
We have eaten at this restaurant on all but one of our trips to WDW (we had ADR's for that trip too, but I got sick). This has always been a great time for us. We have been given trivia questions to answer before, my DH had to stand with his nose in the corner (absolutely hilarious), and the typical manners spiel. The food is always great. The wait can be a little long, but to us it is worth it.

LudwigVonDrake
04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
One of my favorite places to eat and a must-do on every trip. The pot roast is delicious :tasty:

momof3+twins
04-19-2008, 03:51 PM
We love this place but the servers make us nervous. We are afraid we will have to stand in the corner or sweep up our mess on the floor. It is great food and alot of fun BUT we are still scared of the servers.
Everyone needs to try this place at least once!

jszczur5
04-21-2008, 02:04 AM
We have ADR's for 50's PTC again this year. It will be our third visit, which along with HDDR is the only restaurant we have done each of the last 3 years. We nixed Sci-Fi this trip due to lousy food and service last year.
BTW - I voted "Excellent".

Magic Smiles
04-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Our experience there was EXCELLENT. It was probably the best meal that we had our whole vacation. I'm the one who doesn't like 'OHana.
I don't like crowded, noisey restaurants and this was neither the night that we went in Dec 07. I can even live with the fact that I was told off and made to do the airplane when I did not clean up my plate, but the Mother at the table beside us switched plates with her husband and she was allowed to get away with that. Just where is the justice is this?
This is where I had the BEST Glowtini's in the World! I would love to go back to this restaurant on our upcoming trip, but DH and DS don't want any meal reservations. Takes away from the sun and play time.

RAIDER
04-21-2008, 07:43 AM
I found the place "average " .... and i cant really add anything more as it was just a non event :thumbsup:

joonyer
04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
We last ate there in Oct. 2006. I rated 50's Prime-Time to be average, better than average on Fun/service, but worse than average on food quality compared to other dining experiences at WDW, so it averaged out to be . . . well, an average dining experience for us.

We found the Prime-Time Cafe to be a lot of fun, our server was as advertised, and sent our youngest DS to the corner for refusing to eat his vegetables. (very poorly cooked green beans, I wouldn't have eaten them either, which she then served to him again covered with whipped cream and candy sprinkles for dessert!)

While we had a good time, the food was ordinary to poor at best. We had fried chicken (good but no better than KFC or Popeye's), Pot Roast (pretty good, but not as good as Grandma's) and the Meat Loaf (almost inedible) As I mentioned, the vegetables were also poorly cooked (unless they were meant to be served raw). The milkshakes were fabulous though, and the service was very good.

But unless there is a change in the menu, we probably won't go back. I found the food to be much better on the the buffet at Hollywood & Vine.

KineGirl
04-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I voted average only because the food has never set off sparks for me but I love the "cousins"! We hit this restaurant every couple of years for lunch. The bar makes some pretty awesome cocktails too for anyone who just wants a good drink! :marg:

poeticeclipse
04-21-2008, 03:04 PM
I've eaten their twice and both times I had great experiences!

It's not the place for the best food. I actually would rather eat at a few CS places before eating the food at 50's. Now, don't get me wrong... I like it but the food isn't what makes me come back. It's the fun/entertainment portion.

On our last visit, I ordered the fish sandwich. I forgot to have them take off the tomato. I took it off myself and didn't eat it. Our waitress said "tomato is good for you! You have to eat it!" She doused a stack of them with salt and pepper and actually fed me a HUGE bite. I hated having to eat it but it sure was funny. After embarassing me, she brought DH and I a cupcake with a candle and made us blow it out together in front of the whole section of the restaurant. We then had to re-do our vows "Disney style" and feed the cupcake to each other. It was very cute and fun! Our waitress even had a photobook of all of her guests throughout the years that sent her pictures and letters of their experience at the restaurant. It was really awesome to look at!!

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Loved it...The wait staff was great...I just wish that I didnt put my elbows on the table...:nono:

NJGIRL
04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I liked the place. I thought the food was good and it was fun to interact with the staff. The only drawback for me was the menu selection. There weren't too many things on it that I would eat, but what I did get was good.

krorx
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
We enjoyed it. The place is bright and cheery and the servers are fun. The samore we had for dessert wasn't the best I've ever had but the pot roast was excellent. Or maybe it was because I was craving real food instead of the regular park fare. Anyway, we would go there again.

Mickey91
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
We love it!! You have to go with a fun spirit!! You can have a great time and enjoy your "Aunt"/"Uncle"/"Cousin" and the banter that comes with the meal. The food is awesome good home cooking. A real treat after eating chicken fingers and fries all week. We plan this one near the end of our trip when we have grown tired of steak, chicken and fries.

goofysbabe
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I enjoyed 50's, but it was not my fav. The food was good and the atmostphere was fun. I would put in on a to do again sometime list, but not a must do list.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
We love Prime Time!

We've been once, and have an ADR for our upcoming trip. The food was good, but it was the service that made the difference.

DD loved playing along with "cousin Tom", and at one point he actually climbed through a window...just too funny!

DDuck66
04-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I was glad to see that the majority were for very good or excellent as Prime Time is one of my all time faves. We love Sister Jamie and even have her picture in one of our autograph books. The food has always been real good and they do not mind taking special requests as I am rather picky.

Jared
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
I gave the 50's Prime Time Cafe a rating of average, but it's really somewhere between average and very good. On a four star-scale, I would award the restaurant two-and-a-half.

The atmosphere is fun, but it's a little hit-or-miss depending on the server. The food is equally uneven and unpredictable. Some dishes are good, others are disappointing. The whole restaurant just isn't a sure-thing, so we usually skip it. But it is definitely worth trying at least once for the experience and s'mores.

:tasty:

QueenDisneyBound
04-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I have only visited Prime Time once, but have to only rate it average based on our visit. The food was ok, actually kind of nice for an average sit down meal. I have to agree that your waiter makes it or breaks it there when it comes to the atmosphere. Some groups were having a great time with their servers, but ours was a young guy who looked uncomfortable playing the part...

My sister and her family had a super time there, and I'm sure would rate it above average...wish we would have had the same experience.

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
The CM(waiter)was awful and the food well, I just didn't care for it. I had the meatloaf and it was so dry that I needed extra ketchup to moisten it and that definately didn't add to the flavor. Actually the ketchup tasted better. I would probably never do 50's again.

Bethis26fan
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I've had one great meal there and one that was awful, so I gave it avg. We are going to try one more time this sept. I hope it's back up the great.