PDA

View Full Version : POP-- is there elevators or just stairs

calif desert family
04-18-2008, 11:37 AM
My question is about POP. Is there elevators or just stairs in all the buildings. By the pictures it looks like a 3 story building. Also Iam a light sleeper & when on vacation I like to stay on the top floor of most hotels. I don't like having a herd of elephants in the room up above me. Is the top floor better at POP for a light sleeper?:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
There are elevators.

cal5755
04-18-2008, 12:44 PM
There are elevators... i never stayed on the top floor... the 2nd floor was fine... the only thing I can remember is hearing toilet flushing from the rooms around us... otherwise it wasn't too bad. I am also a light sleeper.... but DH and DD's all snore so I bring EARPLUGS lol...

Jasper
04-18-2008, 12:50 PM
As others have said there is an elevator in each of the Pop buildings. As for the noise we have never noticed any noise from any directions when staying there. I am a little surprised at the comment about hearing the toilets because we never noticed that for ourselves. Bottom line is that if it makes you feel better to be on the top floor go for it but I really don't think you need to.

BelleBeauty
04-18-2008, 01:24 PM
If you are worried about noise level, I highly recommend our favorite spot at POP. Request the 50's jukebox building 3rd or 4th floor (there are 4 floors to some buildings - not sure if it is all), backside. If you request the view of Spaceship Earth, even better, you will be close to the lake and the corner of the building. It was incredibly peaceful, we had a distant view of SE, and we barely saw anyone else around the room. :mickey:

JerseyDad
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
...all of POP's buildings have 4 floors....the elevators are centrally located at the "T" of each building (near the icon).

Personally, we've always had a floor above our head whenever we stayed there...and there was no noise to speak of from people walking above us.

TheRustyScupper
04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
1) Yes, POP does have elevators.
2) There are only a few resorts that have buildings without elevators.
. . . Old Key West (only bldgs 62, 63, 64 have elevators)
. . . Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou has no elevators)
. . . Fort Wilderness (campsites & cabins have no elevators) :fresh:

Soul_Power
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Yes, there are elevators. When we went last summer, I called and requested a room near the elevators and got just that! We were in the 70s building on the 2nd floor behind the Big Wheel and noise was never a problem for us.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Taja
04-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I've always requested a room on the top floor at PC, as I don't like people tap dancing on my ceiling.

However, last December, we needed connecting rooms and we arrived very late in the day. Stuck with the second floor.

Did not hear one person tap dancing on the ceiling in 10 nights! :)

The turbo flush toilets are another thing, though. Doesn't matter which floor you're on. You'll probably hear the things when you're awake--and possibly while you're asleep, if you're a light sleeper.

Me? I sleep through almost anything! *LOL*

Brainiak5
04-19-2008, 09:00 PM
i know the 50's building has elevators. my 2yr old son at the time would say good morning and good nite to tramp everyday as we exited or boarded the elevators. :mickey: