PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Lines

letsdoitagain
04-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Since the Haunted Mansion was closed most of last summer, has anyone noticed longer than usual wait times this year?

Do the lines get longer at night vs the morning hours?

JerseyDad
04-18-2008, 10:18 AM
.....was at WDW last Nov after the Haunted Mansion had re-opened...and I did notice that the lines were a bit longer. It's hard to tell if it was due to the "rush" of people that had missed it during the rehab...or...if there was a "buzz" about some of the new features that caused the increased lines.

Either way...I can tell you that both during a daytime visit...and an evening one...than the lines were no longer than a 30 minute waiting time.

Wells
04-18-2008, 11:11 AM
It's always mourning hours at the Haunted Mansion......:D

Dyanna
04-18-2008, 11:14 AM
When I was there this past Oct the line for HM started by Liberty Tree Tavern. I'd say it was about an hour + wait. Of course when we got to the front of the line with about a dozen more people in front of us the ride broke down & they had to turn everyone away.:mad: Needless to say we were not happy after waiting all that time in line. The ride did reopen sometime later on so we were able to catch the ride with only a 30 minute wait.

cal5755
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM
The best time to catch it is during fireworks and parades or during one of the parties. I was there in November during MVMCP and mom and I walked on. We did a lot of shows and the fireworks and parade... after the parade we headed right to the HM and went right in.

Last SEPT the wait sign said 40 minutes and it was more like 20.

katzctkpt
04-18-2008, 02:23 PM
We had to miss it last year....

...ya know even accross the water on TS island, I even missed the dog howling.....it was kinda sad....

...we got a great pic of the note left by Master Gracey, wishing us a safe return sometime....:mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
04-18-2008, 04:38 PM
We just got back a couple of days ago and the lines weren't bad, I thought. They weren't fastpassing any time we were there - so I think they have removed the option from that ride, but either way, it was no longer than 20 - 25 minutes. And in good Disney fashion they always had you moving so you really didn't notice it.:thumbsup:

DisneyFreak23
04-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I was there the day it re-opened and a few days after and of course, it was more crowded than ususal, sometimes the wait time was posted as 40 minutes, but it was only about 20, cause youre always moving in that line

Bethanymouse
04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
We were there last August and it was still closed for Rehab. I am sure it has longer lines now, but still moves quickly due to the nature of the ride. There is no stopping to load anyone, and constant moving vehicles make it condusive to quick loadings and unloadings which make shorter wait times.

barnaby
04-18-2008, 08:56 PM
We were at WDW at the end of March for spring break and the lines were relatively short although the MK was very crowded.

ryca1dreams
04-18-2008, 09:16 PM
It's always mourning hours at the Haunted Mansion......:D

Good one!:thumbsup:

HM's an odd duck because of the way you load through the library and the stretching room. You may see a few hundred people in line and then come back 5 minutes later and there will be almost no line.

We were there last September and it was like that. I would guess the "rush" is over, but I'm not there now. I know I want to go through it a few more times.

dumbo ears
04-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I was just there at the beginning of the month and the lines in the morning were almost nonexistent (we were the first ones to ride it that day). The lines might be a little longer but I think they are starting to even out now and not be over a 30-50 min wait at tops. Which is not bad for WDW

Bringonthemouse!
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
When we were there in Dec. I think the longest we had to wait was 20 min. and we went on it A LOT during our 12 day stay.

CaptSmee
04-19-2008, 01:23 AM
When we were there in Dec. I think the longest we had to wait was 20 min. and we went on it A LOT during our 12 day stay.

Same with us. There seemed to be more interest than in the past with the attraction, but it's a crowd eater with a high capacity so lines usually move fast.