PDA

View Full Version : Memories stolen.... (merged)

orcalyn
04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi friends,
First let me start this by saying I am sorry I havent came back with my trip report and some pictures, I still intend to but....
One week ago our garage was broken into, along with some other neighbors.
Fortunately my DH thinks he scared them off when he turned on the light so they didnt get away with a whole lot.
They trashed the front seat of his truck and went through his brief case and console.
They went through my car but the only thing of value that I had, was my completed Disney photo scrap book. The only token from the wonderful trip that I held most important. I intentional bought the book down there, and the pages, stickers, post cards, and our first trip buttons were in it along with other items I can not replace now. I do have the photos on the disks still, so I could reprint those pictures, but right now I can not even look at them, because they remind me of what someone has taken from me.
I realize it was just a book and that I will have to accept that it is gone.
Thank you for letting me vent and I know you will understand the importance of these memories.
The possibility of us getting time off from work and or saving that kind of money again is far fetched at best.
I am angry that someone came into my things and felt they had the right to take our belongings but the safeness I use to feel is also gone and I do not know how to replace that.
And lastly WHY? Why would you take someone else's photo album and then when you realize its of no value to you what do you do with it? Throw it away I am sure, and that makes me want to cry all over again.
Sorry so long, thank you again for letting share my sadness.:crying::crying:

KineGirl
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Thats so terrible! Im sorry that happened.. what a violation of your privacy & things!! It sounds like it was kids seeing how they mostly vandalized and didnt steal anything of any real monetary value. I scrapbook too and I know its a way to relive the memories while you do it. We put our hearts into them in a very real sense. :hug:

pdrlkr
04-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry for your loss! :(

cal5755
04-17-2008, 11:12 PM
That is horrible!! I am so sorry that happened to you.

Maybe someday you will be able to return to WDW.. never say never!!

I hope you can find a way to take the pictures you do have and make something even better to remember your trip......

:hug:

MsMin
04-17-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like kids. If there is anything I can do to help replace the memories I would be glad to send you copies of anything. Did you have the photopass pics? I noticed that they have the 1st visit add on w/ the pics and I could send you a copy of the button if it would help restore your memories. I also have several things I scan in like napkins and other brochures etc. I took home a mickey bar and will scan that in. I have files I can send you if that would help in any way.
about 12 years ago someone broke into my car and stole tapes and my dd's dark blue-green bunny -- I've never found one in that color to replace it and it was a gift from her brother and she missed it for a very long time. It's sad how ppl like that can leave such scars.:mad: :grouphug:

Young@Heart
04-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm so sorry for you. :( I also scrapbook and can relate to your feeling of loss.

Kairi_7378
04-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this! I can't answer why someone would do this to your family... it simply does not make sense. I am sorry that all of your hard work was stolen!!! I suggest that you call WDW guest relations and explain what happened. They might be able to send you some new first timer pins, park maps, and other things that you might have had in the scrapbook. Maybe they will reprint the room keys for you.

One time when I was in high school, I had to take courses at the local college, and I car pooled with some friends. On the last day of class, someone broke into the car and stole... a basketball and 4 Catholic high school girls' uniforms. It goes to show that people will panic and take things. I hope that they catch the people that did this to you soon and that they can tell you what they did to your beautiful book.

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you and your family! I can't stand that their are people that have no heart at all and can just rip someones belongings/memories away from them without a second thought. I hope they catch them!!!
Try calling WDW and see if they can send you some more buttons....I think if you explain what happened they more than likely could help you replace at least some of the items taken from you.

NJGIRL
04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't understand why anyone thinks they have THE RIGHT to take others property. Why some people think they are ENTITLED to anything they want is something I just can't understand. If these people would get off of their lazy butts and get a job like most of us they too can have the things that others have.

Taking a photo album just shows that they are heartless.:(

mrsgaribaldi
04-18-2008, 10:23 AM
I am so sorry for your loss . When I was young our house was robbed and I was crushed. They took things with no monetary value, just sentimental, like you. At least you have the memories in your heart. We are going to Disney in 16 days and I would be happy to get you some things to help replace what you lost. Send me a PM if I can help you. I can get you buttons, napkins, brochures from the parks, just let me know. I would be thrilled to help you get some of your magic back. We have been fortunate to take frequent trips so it's no problem to spend time looking for what you might need.
Just remember, at least no one was hurt and they can't get the memories in your heart and head:mickey:

faline
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry.

tinkwest
04-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry for your anger and sadness and hope you can look back on your trip with happiness soon.

Getting in touch with Disney is a good idea. Someone once broke in to my car and, among other things, stole the jewel cases to the three Disney CDs I had in the CD player. Not the CDs, just the cases. I wrote and asked if I could purchase just the sleeves that go inside the case - with the cover of the album, the track listings, etc. They sent me, free of charge, all three CDs - cases, inserts, CDs - the entire album. That really made my day. :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm so sorry this happened to you. It must just leave with a sick feeling to know that someone went through your personal things. I know it is not just that they took something, it is that they took something you can't replace. It probably would have been easier on you if they had just taken a stereo or some material thing that you could have eventualy replaced. I am not going again until November but if there is anything I can do please let me know. I do have some cute pictures of Mickey waffles and stuff like that.
I have to agree with the others about contacting Disney and telling them what happened. They might be able to replace some of the things.

brownie
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
It's really terrible that someone took the scrapbook. Don't let this sour your memories of the trip, though. Those should be happy memories and should stay happy memories. It would be tough to have to start from scratch to create another scrapbook. You still have your memories and your photos, thankfully!

orcalyn
04-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I just wanted to thank:thanks::thanks: each of you and all of you who read my thread about my album being stolen. I think I will contack Disney. Just knowing that each of you can relate to what I am missing helps me in ways I didnt expect.
And thank you for offering to help me replace some things. That helps me to believe in people again. I know there are more people with love in their hearts :heart:than meaness. So bless you all, and I hope you all have great trips in the future, great memories of the past to share with others and a magical song in your heart of:mickey2: disney to always brighten your days.

faline
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Best of luck! I

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm sorry this happened. You must feel so violated.

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
People are so cruel. Why anyone does things like that. One day they will receive exactly what they deserve. At least you have disc that have your pictures that can be printed and you can still create another album. I know it won't be the same but, it can be done. Contact Disney about what happened and see if they would send some of the items you had. They might you never know til you inquire.

orcalyn
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi friends!
Thanks for all your posts and caring thoughts. :grouphug:
I was just checking out the Disney site, and I was wondering, who or where would I call at Disney, just to see if they might help me with my stolen photo album.
I just read an article in our paper about how they found a couples lost rings, I bet the wife was so grief stricken on her way to the airport.
There really is just something special about Disney and all of those who work there and vacation there.
Thanks again for all your comfort.:rocks::rocks:

orcalyn
06-15-2009, 08:03 PM
It has been way too long since I spoke. Life as it has for us all (financially) , has not been too well lately.
In any case, I still have not been able to replace my album.
I have the pictures and I look at them all the time.
I have noticed several of you mentioned contacting Disney. Does anyone have a number they suggest, or a website.
I don't expect Disney to replace it all but I would like to know where would be the best place to start inquiring what is possible.
I love Disney, and I will go back again someday.
Thanks again for all your thoughts.
You and this site ROCK!

VWL Mom
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
It has been way too long since I spoke. Life as it has for us all (financially) , has not been too well lately.
In any case, I still have not been able to replace my album.
I have the pictures and I look at them all the time.
I have noticed several of you mentioned contacting Disney. Does anyone have a number they suggest, or a website.
I don't expect Disney to replace it all but I would like to know where would be the best place to start inquiring what is possible.
I love Disney, and I will go back again someday.
Thanks again for all your thoughts.
You and this site ROCK!
I found this number for Guest Relations. Hopefully they will be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!Phone: 407-824-4321

1EeyoreFan
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I am so sorry hear about the break-in. I had my car broken into and while it was trashed, nothing more than a few CD's and change was taken. Luckily,I really didn't have anything of value in there.

I know how violated you feel! It is really unnerving to know someone was prowling through your things.

I am not going to Disney until the end of August, but I will be happy to try and pick up buttons, etc. for you if that would help.

Dznygrl79
06-16-2009, 06:32 AM
I am sorry to hear about your album, and while nothing can truley replace it just remember the important thing is that you and your husband are okay. MY DH and I where robbed and beat in 2003 by a group of young men in our parking lot and the only thing they got was my cell phone but its the violation that makes it worse. I'm glad your not going to let it destroy your Disney Magic. Sometimes it helps to talk, in Delaware we have a support group for victims of crime and violent crime, you might wanna contact your local pd and see if your state offers anything like that, sometimes just talking about what happened and learning what you can do to reclaim your sense of safety helps.
And while they can take physical things and it can make you feel a wide range of emotions do not let them ruin the fun and hapy memories. Alright this is more than my two cents, but I hope you are feeling better.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I know how you feel. I had my purse stolen by it turned out, a heroin addict, while I was bowling with my lady friends. I was very upset and someone said "did you have alot of money in there"? I said no, I had the pictures that were in my dad's wallet until the day he died at age 52. I can never get them back. I wish to all that I had left them at home but I always wanted them with me to have a part of him close to me. They caught the young man, he was 19. I had to go to court. He took the 20$ I had in cash and threw the purse in a dumpster. The thing is I actually felt sorry for him when I finally saw him, and I would have given him money if he would have asked me. He was a homeless heroin addict at 19, all I could think as a mom was what kind of man could he have been. He looked so pitiful. I hope you will feel better soon. It takes time to get over the loss. Pixie dust for you.:sad:

Kathy Jetson
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm so sorry about your book I know how you feel my moms photo albums and everything she had saved from mine and my brothers childhood (drawings etc.) was stolen. It realy is someone robbing you of your memories. I hope Disney can help you with something.