PDA

View Full Version : Yaki and Yeti Counter Service

DANAM
04-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I was wondering what comes with the Entrees? I can only think it would be some sort of rice. What about and eggroll? What Entree is your favorite?

nicjohn3
04-17-2008, 09:11 PM
We ate her back in March--would not go there again. You got rice and meat(chicken or pork) as your entree--no eggroll. The meat was hard and chewy. The rice was mushy. It was like it sat there for a while. We did go to the CS not the TS. This was the only bad meal we had our whole trip. :(

McGoofy
04-18-2008, 05:23 AM
This wasn't an entree, but I was able to use a snack credit to get a box of chicken fried rice. I thought that tasted good. It filled me up. I thought it was a good deal for just being a snack credit.

DisneyGrrrl
04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry to say that I didn't care for the Y&Y counter service. We went when it first opened and my two biggest complaints were:

1. the food was :ack:. Seriously - I'm not very picky about food, but this was yuck. It was white rice with some chicken nuggets that they tried to pass off as Asian food. My (much younger 15 yo) brother was with me as well and didn't care for it either, which says a lot considering what 15 year old boys eat. DH said his was fine, but not that great.

2. The seating was :mad:. There was no where to sit at all. Literally. And when I flagged down a manager there, she said tough luck basically. So here I am, balancing a tray full of food and drinks on my DD's stroller trying to walk all over creation to find a spot to actually sit and eat. We eventually found a table way down by the water but there were no chairs, so we stood and ate. Nice, huh? I sent the company an email, because the Y&Y counter service and table service are not owned by Disney - it's a third party company.

Anyway, I'm sure tha's much more than you wanted to know, but that was my experience. :blush:We may try the TS, but we will not be back to the CS which is a shame because there aren't that many choices now that Tusker House is a TS.

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 11:09 AM
We got chicken fried rice for less then $4..my DH and I split it and bought an order of egg rolls which comes with 2...they were less than $4. The egg rolls were good...the rice was okay.
Agree on the seating. To the right of the place there are limited tables. So if you want to try Yak & Yeti CS get someone to find a table or wait for someone to get up while the other person is ordering.

If I ate their again it would be to get the egg rolls only and walk around and eat them!

Wasn't really impressed.

Aggie97
04-18-2008, 01:46 PM
We ate lunch there on our last trip and weren't impressed. We split the crispy honey chicken and an order of eggrolls. The chicken was kind of flavorless, and the rice was really mushy. We both liked the pork eggrolls, though!

The seating situation wasn't fantastic -- a fairly small, uncovered area. This was in Feb., so it wasn't a problem, but we both thought it could be uncomfortable in the summer.

In the future we would consider stopping there for eggrolls, but not for entrees. :mickey:

JPL
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear that I had Lunch at the TS area and thought it was great. The reason I steered away from counter service was the threat of rain and lack of covered seating.

DisnIse
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Gosh, I didn't think it was that bad, either. Actually, we bought the kids' chicken strip meals for our three boys and they were MUCH better than the normal chicken nuggets/chicken strips at other locations. They had a nice little kick to them, and they were real chicken, you know?

We, too, did the sides of chicken fried rice, and my sister did the egg roll sides. Now that I think about it, my mom had some kind of chicken salad. Everyone was satisfied. No one was saying it was the best meal ever, but it was better than just getting a standard counter service burger or something.

We were there for spring break, and had lunch around 1pm. We didn't have a problem finding seating, and we actually liked that the rest rooms were close by, too.

Our standards might not be super-high, but we did like our meal there. We'd go again, but we wouldn't plan a day around it or anything!

chick20679
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Wow! I'm sorry to see so many people have bad experiences here.
We ate there on our trip in Feb and thought it was pretty good.
I had the mandarin chicken salad, which I thought was very tasty and Mom had the crispy honey chicken which she said was good.
We didn't have any problem finding a table - although it was in full sun (all shaded tables were full). Since we were on the dining plan, we also had desserts - Mom went with the frozen lemonade and I had the mango pie (which people here have raved over - I, personally, didn't care for it).
The only real complaint I had about Y&Y was the line - seemed to move really slowly. But I chalked that up to it being fairly new - maybe the kinks weren't out yet.
All in all, we had a decent meal there. We would go back. :mickey:
Hope this helps.