PDA

View Full Version : What do we do for Breakfast Boatwright's Dining Hall or Whispering Canyon?

DANAM
04-17-2008, 01:02 PM
We have just deceided to add a day to our trip at the last second and we have the dining plan. I have picked a dinner spot to use our meal credit but we were thinking about doing one breakfast out of pocket. We hate to use dining plan for breakfast. Where do we go? I wanted to go somewhere we haven't been before. We always do 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey, Hollywood and Vine, Crystal Palace. I was thinking Whispering Canyon or Boatwright's Dinning Hall. I like that there is an all you can eat and a menu to chose from. Which one would you pick? Or do you have another suggestion? We are two adults and two kids 3 and 6. We don't have to see characters, actually we would prefer not to because my son is scared silly. The day we plan on going is the Saturday before Memorial Day. We have no park planned for that day we figure we would just see what we missed. May possibly do Downtown Disney/Disney Quest. That for all your suggestions.

JPL
04-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I love Boatwrights but would only eat there if I was staying at PORS or POFQ. I would not make a special trip just for a meal. That being said the Wilderness Lodge is a much better destination and Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat. Booatwright's is a much more traditional sit down restaurant while WC is an experience :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
well me and dw have eaten at Boatwrights on every single trip, the breakfest is wonderful, like JPL stated it is more a relaxing sit down, quiet place, but again the food is great, now we'll be going to Whispering Canyon for the first time on our upcoming trip, but i've seen it on the travel channel and it is a pretty rowdy place but at the same time seems like a fun way to start your day, we are looking forward to it.

Victor

#1donaldfan
04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
We've eaten A LOT of breakfast's at Disney and Boatwrights has 'em all beat.....HANDS DOWN!!

It's a GREAT advantage that we always stay at POR...so it's in our "back yard" each trip.....

.....I think if we stayed somewhere else, we would still make the trip to POR to eat.....it's just that good !!!!!!!!:mickey:

CaptSmee
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I love Boatwrights but would only eat there if I was staying at PORS or POFQ. I would not make a special trip just for a meal. That being said the Wilderness Lodge is a much better destination and Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat. Booatwright's is a much more traditional sit down restaurant while WC is an experience :thumbsup:

Agreed completely! I would not make the trip to Boatwright's, only eat there if you are staying there. It is not an experience like Whispering Canyon, or a character breakfast are.

elmjimmlm
04-18-2008, 09:12 AM
IMO Boatwrights is one of the best places for breakfast...If you go you have to try the Sweet Potato Pancakes...For the kids the Chip and Dale Toast is soooooo gooooood!!! Last year I ordered this for myself and loved it...

TheDuckRocks
04-18-2008, 11:03 AM
To the OP, I keep going back to your remark about your little one being "scared silly" by the characters and even if there are no characters at Whispering Canyon it is very loud and rowdy.
We always stay at Port Orleans so we have breakfast there a couple of mornings each trip. Love, love, love the sweet potato pancakes! They also have good eggs Benedict. That said I don't know if I would make a trip over just for breakfast, but if you were to follow up with the boat ride down the river to go to DTD it could be very enjoyable.

Disnamic Duo
04-18-2008, 02:40 PM
We stayed at POR once, and had breakfast at Boatwright's, and it really was excellent. The french toast is (IMO) better than Tonga Toast at the Poly.

However, if I was going to make a special trip for breakfast, I'd go to the AKL for the buffet at Boma. As a matter of fact, we do this every trip. We think it's the breakfast anywhere.

DANAM
04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I think we are going to do both. The prices are very good and I think we could do both for just a little more than it would have cost to do 1900 Park Fare. I think we will do Boatwright the morning of the PPP because we don't plan on doing anything during the day. I figure we could explore the hotel after we eat. Then we will do Whispering Canyon for our last day.

Another Question. I am figuring about 12-15 dollars per adult at Whispering and about 10 dollars per adult at Boatwrights. This is not including tax or tip. Would anyone who's been there agree?

Thanks again for all you suggestions!!!!!

TheDuckRocks
04-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I just sent you a private message.