PDA

View Full Version : do you get "disney defensive?"

Tink2002
04-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I was watching the Modern Marvels episode about WDW with my boyfriend and our roomate last night, and I began babbling on about something, as I generally do when Disney is involved. My roomate looks at me and says, "I think you're a little too into Disney...."

and I was ticked! hahaha.... I didn't even have a response for that. Do you find yourself defensive of Disney when you come into contact with people that don't "get" it? I tend to find myself trying to talk people into liking it if they don't. I realize that just as I wouldn't want to lay on a beach for a week, some people wouldn't want to trek around theme parks, but I can't help myself.

One of my favorites is, "I don't like rides, so I don't like Disney." uh, hello? That usually launches me into a discussion about shows, shopping, nightlife, water parks, spas, mini golf, and whatever else you can think of that ends with them looking at me like I have three heads.

So that got a little long-winded, but I sort of needed to vent, too...hahah:D Am I the only one that gets like this??

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, but I have resigned myself to realizing that some people will never get it. I wrote about that in another thread that we had a friend who took their daughter to MK and said it was boring. I couldn't believe it. I thought surely they went to the wrong place!:humph:
I set it up where we all went together one year so we could show them around and surely they would have a good time. I planned everything from the dining to the hotel. They didn't even have any input. The just didn't care enough. :cry: They just didn't get it. I believe that there are just different type people out there who will never get it. It doesn't matter to me! I know that there are many other people just like me on these boards. :balloon:

Hayden's Dad
04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I've noticed that with people who don't "get it" no matter what you say they still won't get it. Unless they get a chance to experience the "MAGIC" like we have it won't change. What is fun it talking to those who have never been.

My co-workers jsut laugh at me as I tell them each day how many days left in my countdown.:D

brad192
04-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I used to get defensive, but then I discovered that most of the people that were getting on me about my Disney passion either had never been to WDW, or had gone once - in summer, during a holiday week, staying offsite, with no game plan - and had a miserable time. :shake:

In the case of the latter, I now respond "Please seek my advice if you ever decide to go again, a little planning will help a lot". In the case of the former, when they respond "No, I've never been", I just look them in the eye, smile, and say "Hmmm". Then I turn around and walk away. Gets them every time. :thedolls:

KineGirl
04-17-2008, 03:02 PM
OMG yes! One time I was talking to some other parents about Disney at my DD tae kwon do class - one of them had asked me a planning question that got me on a roll (Im sure ya'll can relate ;) ) And one of the Dads started this condescending chuckle and asked me if I was on the payroll (Disney) or something?! That he had been and it was a glorified theme park with some cheesy mouse!!!! All the other Moms had this "uh oh" look on their face. Im not exactly a wallflower and anyone who knows me knows I LOVE ALL THINGS DISNEY!! I had a vision of punching him in his anti-Disney eye!! Well I bit my tongue (this time! Next time... he might not be so lucky) but I went home and ranted for hours! Told my DH & DD! Called my Mom! Called my best friend! - I was so personally offended for Disney! ALOL

Ive had other guests, while Im on vacation, who after being in the World for only 4 days, ask me what else there is to do... theyre bored :confused: THATS what I dont get! How can you go, be bored and NOT get caught up in the magic???

SBETigg
04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I used to try to get my in-laws to go all the time. My FIL was in a wheelchair, and I thought it would be such an easy place for them to enjoy a vacation instead of the MIL always grumbling about how so many places weren't wheelchair-friendly. They weren't into the idea of the MK, but I knew they would love Epcot and the AK. I used to try to convince them. They always said it was not for them.

Then my FIL passed away and I had a falling out with the MIL. Finally, my SIL told me that the MIL took the other sister to WDW. And later, she told me they were going again. And at last, that they bought a timeshare there- not Disney, but close to WDW. I would have argued for the DVC, but she wouldn't have listened anyway. ;)

BelleKP
04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I too can relate!! :D
There have been many Disney discussions, and I am very proud to report that 9 times out of 10, I am able to convert the doubter!! My latest accomplishment was a friend's fiance . . . he thought that WDW was a glorified amusement park. Once I showed him what else there was and how much there was to do .. . he planned a trip for he and my friend the next week. His exact words were "you are so animated when you are talking about Disney, it's contagious!!"!
:mickey:

tink2006
04-17-2008, 04:01 PM
How about the people that say...."you're going back to disney? Can't you find anywhere else to go?" or "You're going to Disney, AGAIN?" :mad:

There are two trips that we make every year...WDW and Puerto Rico. They never say that about Puerto Rico, just WDW. :(

My response...To each his own. Everybody spends their disposable income as they see fit. Mine just happens to be WDW :mickey: :blush:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
How about the people that say...."you're going back to disney? Can't you find anywhere else to go?" or "You're going to Disney, AGAIN?" :mad:

Oh, I've heard that!! But you know what our vacations with our kids have consisted of basicly three things, Hawaii:lei:, cruises:sail: and Disney:bar:. They will pick Disney over anything else every time. :minnie:
There are times that we are there and after about 4 days my DH will say, "ok, I'm done now". But just as soon as we get home he is asking me when we are going back!:bang:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 05:56 PM

There are two trips that we make every year...WDW and Puerto Rico. They never say that about Puerto Rico, just WDW. :(

My response...To each his own. Everybody spends their disposable income as they see fit. Mine just happens to be WDW :mickey: :blush:

Perfectly said!! :thumbsup:This is my feeling too:mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
My DHs brother and sister...We try to tell them every year that they should go with us and there response is "What am I going to do there, we dont have kids"...Why dont they understand that there is sooooo much to do even without kids...My Mom and Stepdad went with us a few years ago...She is always wanting to go back when we do but he says "Once every 10 years is enough for me"...WHAT??????? I cant even think about another place to be...My DB and his family go with us every year and when we are around my Mom we cant talk about Disney without hearing "Is that all you can talk about?" and of course the response is YES!!!!!!!! :bow:

castlegirl
04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
I totally agree with the "are you going there again?"

I have a co-worker who goes to the same beach for the same 2 weeks of the summer, rents the same beach house with her family every year. No one says to her "are you going there again?"

#1donaldfan
04-18-2008, 09:13 AM
I sure can relate !!!! I work in an environment that does not look highly upon a vacaction destination that involves cartoon characters (not the actual job, just those around)!!!

Now, we all here surely understand that Disney is not only a kids playground, but it's definatley an adult get away too !!

I can only talk Disney at home, at my sisters and maybe, just maybe in a dark, damp, alleyway at work (but very quietly:thedolls:).

I can't understand how some don't "get it"....I think someone above mentioned that those who "don't get it", just haven't experienced the "MAGIC"....

.... we've had "bad" days there...been there in the hot summer with a zillion groups following colored flags (you know who they are)....kids cutting up and cutting lines....but even with some bad times, a tantrum or two, we still love the trip and look forward to future ones...

.....when I'm asked if I'm going back I always say yes even if the money say's no.....so far it's worked out and as long as I can, I'll go !!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Some people refuse to get even if they do get it! :blush: You will never change them. But I still get ticked! :thedolls:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh, with the flags!:giveup: We were there in January and there were flags, flags, and more flags. It was like a race to get to the attraction before the group of flags. The wait time would go from 10 min. to 30 just like that!:humph:

Tink#64
04-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I used to get defensive, but then I discovered that most of the people that were getting on me about my Disney passion either had never been to WDW, or had gone once - in summer, during a holiday week, staying offsite, with no game plan - and had a miserable time. :shake:
:thedolls:

I have a co-worker who goes to the same beach for the same 2 weeks of the summer, rents the same beach house with her family every year. No one says to her "are you going there again?"

:yes: :yes: :yes: :rolleyes:

Too many times to count these exact experiences!

I have finally decided, not to try & convert any more anti-Disney people & I simply don't participate in these discussions any more. These people will never get the Disney magic, they aren't able to loosen up, relax and experience the magic & the joy. It offends me that these people feel it's their right to bash my feelings, my vacation and somehow by doing so they seem to feel superior because they think we're strange & their way & their plans & trips (usually the same beach every year!) is the only way to spend vacation. I'm so sick of hearing how they're so glad their kids never got into amusement parks, "cartoons"! :ack:, and how they would never spend that much money for vacation! I don't say a word about their choices, why do those people feel it's okay to say these things to us? What's my vacation got to do with them? :thedolls:

Sinewiz
04-19-2008, 10:13 PM
My favorites are those that say something along the line of You're going to Disney Again?, and then head off to their favorite beach destination or Las Vegas for the 50th time. Yet they see nothing unusual about that and would be insulted if you dare ask why they go there on all of their vacations.

Mickey 101
04-20-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm so bad that I've even infected my kids with my Disney defensiveness and it makes them upset. Their best friends went recently for the first time. When my kids asked them what their favorite part of the vacation was, they said, "The shopping (outlet malls)." So, my kids pressed further, asking which park they liked best. The response was, "Epcot, but ONLY because of the food." By the time I spoke to the family, I didn't ask them one word about their trip because it makes me upset when people have such a bad feeling about Disney. I used to try to convince people about how wonderful it is, but now I figure if they don't get it, I just don't want to hear about it. I try not to let it affect me.

DisneyDudet
04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
I get this all the time at work. I posted in the JQ forum a few weeks ago where when someone wanted to discourage me about running the Disney Marathon and going to Disney so much, he got his comeupins!

I get defensive and it just eggs them on. I just tell them, "I have the option of going anywhere I want to go, I go to Disney. There's a lot to do. I don't want to go to the beach for a week. One or two days is fine, but I could go for 2 weeks to Disney World again and STILL not see everything I want to."

I think most people are actualy envious. They see WDW as a luxury, and cannot afford it (the only way we afford is is not going anywhere else for vacay!). They would much rather take short vacations to the beach every year, than to save for a few years and go to Disney and try it out (going at the wrong times, obviously). Some people don't like it and think its boring or for kids. I just let it slide. I'll go have a great time and they can be jealous.

I might be crazy, but I never regret a Disney vacation. After January, I will have been to Disney World 15 times, 3 Disney Cruises, 1 trip to DLR, and a day trip to DLParis.

I love it, and that is all that matters!

BMan62
04-20-2008, 08:07 AM
I gave up on being defensive about our Disney trips - everyone's heard it all from me already!:blush:

BUT, I am the person everyone gets sent to to make their Disney plans! I get people at work, that I don't even know, come up to me and ask things about Disney and trip planning. They always tell me "[So-and-so] said you're the guy to go to with all the info on Disney."

Of course, I'll give them my list of great Disney related websites (Intercot right on top, of course!) and suggest Magical Journeys as their TA of choice. I honestly don't know how many use MJ, but I do know that most come back to thank me for the information after they get back.

I know, a little off topic, but to get back on topic - anytime some asks me to justify going back every year, I bring up costs - cruise for 7 nights, Las Vegas for 7 nights, Disney for 7 nights - we've done all three and Disney has come up least expensive in the long run. Cruise - two people in an interior cabin cost about the same as two people in a Value resort, with MYW + PH tickets during the Value season (which is when we vacation.) Las Vegas, without gambling, is about the same as a Disney trip. With gambling - fageddaboudit!! Add in the Disney magic bonus and Walt Disney World, here we come!!!

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi Bman62 :wave: Hanover, PA here! Practicly in your back yard.

I hear the beach thing a lot myself. It seems like everyone in this area goes to Ocean City, MD a lot. I've never been so I don't know what the big draw is.:vacation:

TinkerbellT421
04-20-2008, 01:49 PM
lol. The second I spotted this thread this morning I chuckled to myself, because yesterday when me and the DBF were on here posting on the thread about what makes us disney/intercot addicts....We mentioned in a reply about how we get defensice whenever someone gets down on disney. Its unbelievable how some ppl just dont get it...My mom loves it and unfortunately her health doesnt allow her to go with us...Maybe soon though she can join us. But she gets it. A woman at work every year goes...you guys are going there again. And blah blah oh I took Jen and it was horrible blah blah blah. she "hated" were her exact words....But yet she goes to the same beach house, every year, with the same ppl, and she comes home complaining and moaning and groaning about how much she hated it and what a miserable time she had and how upset she got with her friends family...and seeing I stopped defending disney with her and also stopped defending me and the DBF for going which is what it would feel like by the time I was done, and have started to ignore her miserable comments about me and DBF going every year, I just chuckle to myself and in my head go "Should have gone to Disney"...big dummie, lol.

One more quick story, we went to the bank recently to open a new savings account for our DVC and the woman opening the account for us was ripping on us for buying DVC and how she hates Disney, and wont ever go back to disney again. She was pregnant and said she'll probably take the baby when its older and then never go again. I feel like having that attitude goes to ur kids to and we will have more future disney haters....blah...Igive up I try not to let it bother me anymore. Along with the ppl that rag on me for scrapbooking my entire life...Bah humbug to those ppl...

prprincess
04-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I agree with everyone else here who said that those who do not get it probably never will. I always get asked why I visit so much, why I got married there, etc.

Also like the rest of you, I'm tired of trying to explain myself or defend Disney. I think it's their loss, honestly!!

JMTStone
04-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm also tired of people asking why I go so much.... But I figure if they don't get it, they probably never will. Its kinda sad for them, really.

My husband is the same as me. We have countdowns, etc. His boss took our recommendation for SSR (they had a party of 12) but no other recommendations we had (like ADRs - try to get table seatings for a party of 12 without ADRs???!!!) and they had a miserable time. It rained, the bus ride was too long, they didn't get their rooms before 4, on and on and on. I'm thinking of not advising anymore... I can always find the magic here :rocks:

drummerboy
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I can't understand how some don't "get it"....I think someone above mentioned that those who "don't get it", just haven't experienced the "MAGIC"....
I think it takes two primary things to 'get it' as far as WDW is concerned.

First, you have to have an acitve imagination. I know scores of people who have very little imagination. They are boring, to say the least.

Second, you have to be willing to drop your pretenses and act like a kid. Many people are way too uptight for that. They don't dare let anyone see them as anything but perfect, mature adults.

Now, having said that, my suggestion is to forget about convincing those people to like WDW--they'd only make the lines longer. :D

Marker
04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
When people ask me why I'm going to WDW AGAIN, I have a simple answer for them.... "because it makes me happy".

It really doesn't matter to me if people "get it". Everyone has something they like to do, something they spend time and money on, or someplace they like to go. So if WDW is not their thing, that's fine. Hey, I really have no desire to got to Las Vegas, or New York, and a lot of folks think that's odd. So, I really don't care if they don't "get it" where WDW is concerned, just don't try to tell me there's something wrong with me because of it.

And then, when people DO decide to go to WDW, they come to me for info and advice.

So why am I going again.... Because it makes me happy.

Other popular questions....

"Are you ever going to grow up"....... I hope not.

"Geez, are you addict to WDW or something".... Maybe, but it's a lot healthier than other things I could be addicted to.

"But WDW is for kids"..... And I'm just a big kid.

TinkerbellT421
04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
When people ask me why I'm going to WDW AGAIN, I have a simple answer for them.... "because it makes me happy".

It really doesn't matter to me if people "get it". Everyone has something they like to do, something they spend time and money on, or someplace they like to go. So if WDW is not their thing, that's fine. Hey, I really have no desire to got to Las Vegas, or New York, and a lot of folks think that's odd. So, I really don't care if they don't "get it" where WDW is concerned, just don't try to tell me there's something wrong with me because of it.

And then, when people DO decide to go to WDW, they come to me for info and advice.

So why am I going again.... Because it makes me happy.

Other popular questions....

"Are you ever going to grow up"....... I hope not.

"Geez, are you addict to WDW or something".... Maybe, but it's a lot healthier than other things I could be addicted to.

"But WDW is for kids"..... And I'm just a big kid.

I agree one thousand percent about everything you just said, and I absolutely love the retorts to those questions. Im going to have to remember those for when I hear those same exact questions.

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
OH, you sound so much like DH he is crazed about Disney. When he retires he says we're moving to Orlando and he is going to become Goofy at WDW. Anyway anyone that downs disney he's there in their defense.

BMan62
04-23-2008, 01:06 PM

I hear the beach thing a lot myself. It seems like everyone in this area goes to Ocean City, MD a lot. I've never been so I don't know what the big draw is.:vacation:

I'm in Hanover every Sunday morning - bowling with my BIL and his kids. Got soaked getting mulch at Lowe's this past Sunday AM!!!

It has literally been decades since I was in OC! There is just no draw there for me - a crowded boardwalk and a dirty beach. Use to go to Chincoteague with dad and fish for flounder, but that was decades ago as well.

Now, vacations are cruises and Disney, Disney and cruises. Kind of boring, ain't I!:thedolls:

Honeybee3344
04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm reading these posts and nodding at the screen!

On the other hand though...don't you LOVE when you're able to "convert" someone? My sis's BF was very "Disney is an evil corporate machine" - UNTIL he went to WDW with us...Now...we've got him listening to podcasts and looking for hidden mickeys!! He's even taking my sis to Disney for her birthday in two weeks!

My sis and I won! :mickey:

BklynChick
04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
That reminds me of something that happened last week at work...I had a meeting where I sat next to possibly the only other person I know who is as Disney-crazy as I am. Anyway, the topic came up (possibly prompted by his Disney ID lanyard and Disney logo polo shirt) and another meeting attendee started complaining about his negative experiences at WDW on his last trip with the family in January. I have to say, I did feel a little put off! My co-worker and I were quick to point out that one of the negatives of going in January is that you could encounter CMs burnt out from the holiday season, and that could account for some of the rudeness he encountered.

Jodileigh
04-26-2008, 11:36 AM
OH YEAH!! Actually, it isn't that I have to have anyone love Disney like I do, I just want them to respect that I do love it and let that be! I get the ones that try to slam it! Telling me it's a waste of money, that it's silly, blah, blah, blah. Then I have one who went 1 time, over 4th of July, while she was 6 mo pg! Oh, and it was a college function! She tries to tell me stuff that I KNOW isn't even true! Like how in 2002, FP was an extra $50 per person!! WHATEVER! It has always been and will always be free! Why would you try to argue something Disney with someone who has put as much time into it as me when you've only been 1 time and for 3 days???:confused: She will not admit that I MAY just know what I'm talking about! And if it's something I don't know, I'm more than willing to admit that and find out! And she won't let it go! I can say 'whatever' and walk away b/c I don't see the need to argue with her when I'm never going to win! SHe'll keep going, though. About how it's way overpriced, how her kids wouldn't like anything about it anyway, blah, blah, blah! I just don't understand the need to bash someone else's passion!:confused: She loves Branson. Fine. I don't bash that! She shops every single weekend for clothes. I don't bash that! Ok, sorry for the rant! Just letting you know I feel your pain!:blush:

Jodi

Here we go again...
04-27-2008, 03:20 AM
I hear this all the time... What, Disney AGAIN??? You need to get a life.
Well, I don't care what anyone says, Disney is my happy place and I will continue to go as long as my poor old weary body lets me.

I drive a Honda Pilot that has an EPCOT license plate, Mickey Decals, Mickey floor mats... you name it, it is my Mickey Mobile. I am told all the time that I need to grow up.

I wear disney every single day... a watch, earrings, a shirt, shorts or a skirts, Crocks... something.

When you live in a world of pain or have to deal with the pain others endure every day you find a happy place... I found mine and I am glad I did.

KineGirl
04-27-2008, 07:55 AM
I wouldve been alright but the guy called Mickey "some cheesy mouse"! He and Walt are icons to me and instill this sense of what is happy, right and good in the world. Im sure most here second that emotion. It almost makes me cry to just even think of them - I've sat back and let ppl Disney bash but that one little comment almost made me snap! :mad: I live at the beach already and we do laugh at all the tourists who come and spend thousands of dollars to stay in a beach house for a week but we never tell THEM that. :secret: Besides who am I to tell them how to have fun??

Jodileigh
04-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Some cheesy mouse?? Well, HOW RUDE!! Oh well! Even though I get frustrated with people, I just try to remember that I'm the one who wins b/c I have something that makes me feel really, really happy whenever I think about it! It's something that I can just think about (especially when a trip is in the works!:mickey:) and make me feel better on a rough day! It's something that my boys and I (especially my 13 yr old DS) can share and that they will always remember with joy even when they are grown! Just like I remember SOOOO fondly those trips my parents took with my brother and I when we were growing up!:mickey: And I find it sad that most of the folks who bash me arent willing to spend the $$ on ANYTHING like that, whether it is DIsney, Yellowstone, whatever! They just simply would not consider anything like that with their kids! They say they can't afford it, but if they just looked at their daily lives, they would find that all they have to do is pick somewhere they always wanted to go, PLAN AHEAD (that's the big kicker for most of my friends, they cannot comprehend the PLAN AHEAD part!:confused:), and you CAN do something special that your kids will always remember! Or something special for yourself! I save for around a year to a year and a half for my trips. They don't break the bank b/c they are prepaid and planning gives us all something to talk about, dream about, etc! We're all just lucky here that we have found such a magical thing and that we know how to enjoy it!:D

Jodi

Tink#64
04-27-2008, 08:54 AM
I drive a Honda Pilot that has an EPCOT license plate, Mickey Decals, Mickey floor mats... you name it, it is my Mickey Mobile. I am told all the time that I need to grow up.

I wear disney every single day... a watch, earrings, a shirt, shorts or a skirts, Crocks... something.

:blush: I'm so glad I'm not alone! My mini van has a Disney plate on the front, a Disney plate frame on the back, Tink on the side window & my Disney sticker family on the back and I change my antenna topper every few weeks. I'm always wearing Disney, it's unbelieveable how much of my wardrobe is Disney! I hesitate to wear it to work because someone always has to make a comment about how cute, my daughter would like that, blah, blah, blah. Condescending comments implying that Disney is childish! It just makes me sad for them, because they don't have a Happy Place! I know I've got mine! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
04-27-2008, 01:01 PM

Thats so true! I never thought about those people who go to the same beach house year after year and still give us the evil eye for going back to Disney again and again. I actually find myself no longer speaking about our upcoming trips, or trips we have been on. If people don't get it, they just don't get it. I do get Disney defensive...but I also find its because I do feel somewhat judged or attacked for my love of WDW. I guess thats why we have Intercot! So we can "talk" to our hearts content! Right?;)

mouseketeer mom
04-27-2008, 01:05 PM
:blush: I'm so glad I'm not alone! My mini van has a Disney plate on the front, a Disney plate frame on the back, Tink on the side window & my Disney sticker family on the back and I change my antenna topper every few weeks. I'm always wearing Disney, it's unbelieveable how much of my wardrobe is Disney! I hesitate to wear it to work because someone always has to make a comment about how cute, my daughter would like that, blah, blah, blah. Condescending comments implying that Disney is childish! It just makes me sad for them, because they don't have a Happy Place! I know I've got mine! :mickey:

I just saw this post and had to reply! My SUV has our Disney decal family, a tink decal on the side windows, my pin collection on my visor, and 3-D tink stickers (just a couple) on my dash. Tinks also swinging from my rearview mirror (a teeny one) I also have my Mickey Moms club magnet on it. My kids call my car the Tink Tank. Its a gold SUV. But to me its the color of pixie dust!:tink: I know I've got my Happy Place too!

bmj721
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I used to get defensive. Not anymore. It's not worth the energy. But I do wait for those occasional victories. One of the most difficult people moved from the "Dark Side" and joined us in the "Force" after a couple vacations to WDW. Now, she understands since she, too, has experienced the magic.
I really appreciated everything each of you have said. I, too, am the one others come to for information and help concerning WDW trips and planning. So, when those smug co-workers who are in their vacation ruts make their rude and unimaginative comments, we can rise above the moments and remember that soon we will be basking in the warmth of Mickey's smile and glow of Tinkerbell's pixie dust.
:mjump::tink:

tinklover
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM

I live 35 min form OC,MD i guess to me it is boring now. loved it as a kid as it was somthing to do in between trips to disney but now i hate it . the tourons drive me crazy lol i know it is a bit off topic but i too get deffensive over disney. I hate to hear people say to me" is that all you think about?" teh answer is yes , I breateh sleep and eat disney. I can not get enough. and when they roll their eyes at me i then turn and ask is that all YOU can think about , going to OC and bugging me about my Disney addiction? lol

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Absolutely I get defensive. Those who know me pretty much know better, but the worst is when you're standing in line somewhere, and a perfect stranger is rattling on negatively or obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. It is so hard not to chime in! (And often I do..:blush:)
The good part is I know I've converted quite a few, especially my work pals....:yay: Then THEY get Disney defensive, then so on, and so on...:D

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Most definitely. I really get irritated when my Mom starts telling me the kids need to see other places etc. Why do you go every year? etc. Like she doesn't go to the beach every year! Same ocean, but she has to go.:)