PDA

View Full Version : Best park on Christmas Eve

coachgoofy
04-16-2008, 10:26 PM
We have booked a trip that will include Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Can any one give me your opinon of the best park to be in on each of these days. Yes i know it will be crowed. We were there last year after Christmas to just after New Years.

Thanks

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
:cheer:Hi! Welcome to Intercot!!:cheer:

:welcome:

I haven't actually been there during that time but here is what I think I would do.

If there is a candlelight processional at EPCOT on Christmas Eve I would do that. I would go to the one that would be over right before Illuminations and see the special ending to Illuminations. For the rest of the day before the Processional, I would visit each country and learn about their special Christmas/holiday traditions.

The night before that I would go to HS to see the Osbourne Spectical of Dancing Lights.

I would celebrate Christmas Day at the Magic Kingdom.

I love Christmas time at Disney!

fairies*n*fireflies
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
We have reservations booked at that same time, for our first visit to WDW at Christmas. I had been wondering the same thing. I have been told that MK is the most crowded on Christmas Day. I would love to hear imput from others who have been there at Christmas time.

spoonfulosugar
04-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I honestly didn't feel like the parks were super crowded until the day AFTER Christmas. Before that, they really weren't that bad. Especially if you get to the parks when the open...

We did the Processional on Christmas Eve and it was just like being at church at home at that special night. Christmas Even dinner was sent in Italy and it was very cozy and festive.

We did the studios on Christmas day because we didn't want to me crowded out at MK. While Hollywood and Vine isn't your typical Christmas day restaurant, they had a special holiday menu that was awesome. Fantasmic was a fun way to end the day.

WDW is TONS of fun at Christmas....it is already such a great place, add a little Christmas sparkle and it is EVEN BETTER. Not sure how that's possible, but Christmas in WDW is out of this world!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I would vote for MK or Epcot. There is something special about MK on Christmas eve which also included very long lines for us. Some fast pass rides were like 2 hour standby. But the atmosphere is awesome. The candelight professional at Epcot would also be incredible. We have never done this on chritmas eve or day but a few days before and it was great.

TheRustyScupper
04-17-2008, 11:06 AM
1) My opinion is Epcot.
2) MK is nice, but Epcot is more festive.

Aggie97
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
We spent Christmas Eve 2006 at Epcot. We did the Candlelight Processional (with dinner package), and watched Illuminations, with the amazing holiday ending. It was a wonderful Christmas Eve! :mickey:

fairies*n*fireflies
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
After reading all the good things about this Candelight Processional, I think that we will definately do this. I have been wanting to go back to the Italian Restaurant for awhile now,so that may be our choice. The Candlelight service is a yearly ritual at our church on Christmas Eve, so why break tradition right?