PDA

View Full Version : DVC Purchase Agreement HELP!!!

DestinationWDW
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Has anyone ever read the purchase agreement, man I'm not a lawyer I'm not sure what some of this stuff is. I am going to call Quality Assurance for some help but is there anything that I should be concerned about? Is it pretty standard, or should I really get some advice? If someone can provide any help or say it's pretty standard don't worry that would be great.

Thanks again

wendy*darling
04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I haven't had any issues in the past 7.5 years. I think it's all pretty standard stuff.
I may be way more simplistic that you want, but I am happy with the deal.

People buy and sell DVC on resale all the time.
I guess the main thing I would suggest you understand is their Right of First Refusal (ROFR) in case you want to sell at some point. Disney gets to decide how low you can price the points.
And you can't rent your points out to other people over a certain % of the time. That would look like a business, and that's not allowed.
Sure, there's other stuff in there- it's all important in some way or it wouldn't be there.
But I think the vast majority of us haven't had any big issues.

DVC Mike
04-17-2008, 06:54 AM
There's no hidden issues or problems in the agreement (like giving away rights to your firstborn child), so I wouldn't worry. It just explains the membership rules and includes a lot of mandatory legal disclaimers.

DestinationWDW
04-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Ok that awsome, not that would change my mind, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks