PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

gatorfan
04-16-2008, 06:33 PM
How do you get tickets to the preview of this in May?

Or do you only need a park ticket?

thanks

goofiecrazy
04-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I believe the soft opening is for AP holders only.I could be wrong but i think thats what i read somewhere.

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Yep, Passholder Previews only have been announced at this time for 5/10-5/12 from 9 am to 7 pm. You need to show a valid A/P & a photo ID at the attraction entrance. :mickey:

Space Mountain Man
04-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Do they traditionally pull people "off the street" to test rides/attractions? We'll be there Apr. 28--May 2, and that would be pretty neat!!

:mickey:

KineGirl
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Do they traditionally pull people "off the street" to test rides/attractions? We'll be there Apr. 28--May 2, and that would be pretty neat!!

:mickey:

LOL that would be neat but not usually .. they like to use CMs and AP holders as guinea pigs. (POOR THEM .. NOT!!) It never hurts to wish though!! Wish really really hard and who knows! It IS Disney after all! :cloud9:

WDWfanatic742
04-16-2008, 09:30 PM
They might do guest previews anytime after the AP previewing. You just never know and have to be lucky, but your not 100% for sure able to actually get on the ride until the official opening.

cloud9
04-17-2008, 09:39 PM
When is the actual opening? I thought I read somewhere that it was late may. We will be there the 14th to the 24th, is that late enough? Do they usually do anything for DVC members?

Buttercup
04-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I believe the AP preview is until May 15th. We're going to be there until May 18th so maybe I can get in later in the week....
I hope so!
:thumbsup:

McGoofy
04-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Sometimes "street people":mickey: can get lucky and catch soft openings after the AP previews. I've been lucky to catch soft openings of Expedition Everest and Spaceship Earth before they were officially opened. However, it's just totally random. It may be open when you walk by and 2 hours later you could walk by again and it will be closed. I'm an AP holder, but I won't be down there unil 5/28. I am hoping that there will be some soft openings going on during that time.

SpaceMtn101
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I dunno if anyone heard but toy story previews got pushed back to possibly the end of may for the cast

right now all previews have been cancelled until further notice ...

right now ops still doesnt have it ... one of the engineers who is working on it is staying at the bf hotel and all the engineer was allowed to say is ops still doesnt have it and they dunno when they will be able to release it to ops but thats all he could say cuz of confidentiality

just thought people would like an update on what is going on :)

McGoofy
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I dunno if anyone heard but toy story previews got pushed back to possibly the end of may for the cast

right now all previews have been cancelled until further notice ...

right now ops still doesnt have it ... one of the engineers who is working on it is staying at the bf hotel and all the engineer was allowed to say is ops still doesnt have it and they dunno when they will be able to release it to ops but thats all he could say cuz of confidentiality

just thought people would like an update on what is going on :)

Thanks for the update. Disney a while back had sent me an e-mail telling about the dates of the annual passholder preview. They didn't send out anything saying that it had been cancelled. Glad I didn't plan a trip around the AP preview! I will be there from May 28-June 2. I wonder if it will be opened then?

SpaceMtn101
04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
knowing disney they will wait til last minute to tell people