PDA

View Full Version : Funny things seen in the parks...

MicMouse
04-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there remembers funny things they've seen from their past trips.

In Dec of 2000, it was very cold (like in the 40s) and everyone was wearing those great big Mickey Mouse gloves! I wanted to get some too, but they were sold out everywhere we went.

:mickey:

KineGirl
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Well its not the same thing but does this count...

A few years back DH and I were walking in front of France looking for the rest of our party and the late afternoon sun was in my eyes so I was shielding them with my hand. My tummy was itchy at that moment .. so I itched. Well we noticed a group of ppl looking and laughing at us. We were like "what the heck?!" and looked around and there was a tourist looking guy who was imitating unsuspecting guests (me!!!)! When I had turned I caught him mid act with his hand over his eyes, itching his belly and walking fast like us! He immediately turned around and went and stood off to the side until some other poor unsuspecting soul came along.. very funny. And yes .. He was part of the entertainment not just some wierdo making fun of ppl. We found our group and joined the small crowd. He disappeared for awhile when the crowd got too big and then came back when it dissipated :D We still talk about this and laaaaaaaaaaugh! It puts "ppl watching" in a whole new perspective!

homeschool mom
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
We went the week before Christmas 2002 and it was cold the day we arrived. We were dressed in layers - turtlenecks, sweatshirts, wind breakers, jeans. I couldn't believe the people in shorts and Tshirts. They had to be freezing! But I know a guy who says, "If I go to Florida, I'm going to wear shorts no matter what!" Maybe they were of the same mindset.

One of the funniest things I see no matter when I go are the shoes that women wear. I have seen women in heels walking around the parks. :confused: Sure, everyone wants to look good, but heels are really pushing it. There have been days we have walked as much as 6 miles in Epcot. I can't emagine being able to walk that much in heels. I'm happy with my New Balance sneakers! :thumbsup:

cheshirekitty
04-16-2008, 06:05 PM
We were riding ToT, and a middle age couple got on with us. She was clearly a bit nervous about the ride. He said "see I told you it was not a roller coaster." She said "but it still seems a little scary like maybe the elevator will drop or something." My 6 year old started to open her mouth to set the record straight and I distracted her, letting the gentleman continue his fun, he told her it was more like Haunted Mansion. The woman screamed her head off the entire ride and I think the few intelligible words I heard formed this sentence "you better run when this ride ends." When it did end we all got to see a new show. She let him have it, but not in an uncomfortable way, in a humerous way. We all stepped off the elevator laughing.

cal5755
04-16-2008, 11:13 PM
ok this may not be funny to some..... but me, mom, dh and my aunt all find humor in a lot of situations... it is what keeps us sane... my uncle however was irate over this .. and of course that only made us laugh more hysterically.

In 2003 I begged DH for a trip to the WDW with the kids and mom.... my aunt and uncle also came with us..... we were in Animal kingdom and this CM from Africa came up to my DD who was 4 at the time and was asking her some questions about animals and presented her with a certificate. Then she asked her about her family and she said and who is your momma... well DD pointed to me and this CM said in her in a thick accent... WOW YOU GOT A BIG MOMMA DON'T YOU!!.... and continues talking with DD. Mind you I am 4 feet 11 inches so she was not talking about my height (yes I am overly pooh sized). Of course my eyes pop out of my head and DH has the video camera on this CM and DD and catches it all on camera lol. This CM really was not being mean nor did she have a clue what she said may offend someone. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud and me and mom and my aunt all had our hands over our mouths trying to stifle laughter. Dh mind you didn't even hear what she said as he was into the video camera. When the lady left my Uncle goes into a quiet tirade LMBO!! He was going... "did you hear what that lady said to your wife... did you even hear that.... can you believe she said that.... I can't believe she said that." His face is beat red from being so mad while me, mom, auntie and now dh are laughing so hard tears were coming and my stomache hurt. DH still had the camera on recording us laughing so hard. My aunts face was so red I thought she was going to have a heart attack.

Yes I did find it funny.. just the way it rolled out of this CM's mouth... WOW You Got A Big Momma..... It is also funny because this is my luck as mom and auntie are also overly pooh sized as well. I am also not uncomfortable with my size... I am much happier a size 18 than I ever was as a size 6. I am active, strong and healthy and now when my Aunt calls on the phone and I answer she says "How are you Big Momma?" We still laugh about it everytime we talk about Disney or watch the home movie.

momof3+twins
04-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Well, you know how crabby and tired you get in Florida. So, that is what made this so funny. We were leaving the McDonalds there by the All Stars and the this woman was there with her daughter and grandkids. And I don't know what the daughter said but the mother was like" why didn't you just wait in the car?" It was so funny because she was treating her like a child, she had to be 40 years old. But, we walked to the car and started cracking up. It was great.

Same trip, we were at Epcot and witnessed an older man ( 70's maybe) on one of those motorized dealys and his grandson was on with him. So, were walking past and the grandson decides to take over and the grandfather had no clue how to work the thing. The whole thing would have been perfect for americas funniest with the expresion on the man's face and the noises he was making. We didn't wait this time to laugh. We laugh right there as we were going past.

And my husband was probalby someone else's funny story when he shook my sons milk and the lid was off. Milk everywhere. We still talk about that one.

KineGirl
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
In 2003 I begged DH for a trip to the WDW with the kids and mom.... my aunt and uncle also came with us..... we were in Animal kingdom and this CM from Africa came up to my DD who was 4 at the time and was asking her some questions about animals and presented her with a certificate. Then she asked her about her family and she said and who is your momma... well DD pointed to me and this CM said in her in a thick accent... WOW YOU GOT A BIG MOMMA DON'T YOU!!.... and continues talking with DD. Mind you I am 4 feet 11 inches so she was not talking about my height (yes I am overly pooh sized). Of course my eyes pop out of my head and DH has the video camera on this CM and DD and catches it all on camera lol. This CM really was not being mean nor did she have a clue what she said may offend someone. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud and me and mom and my aunt all had our hands over our mouths trying to stifle laughter. Dh mind you didn't even hear what she said as he was into the video camera. When the lady left my Uncle goes into a quiet tirade LMBO!! He was going... "did you hear what that lady said to your wife... did you even hear that.... can you believe she said that.... I can't believe she said that." His face is beat red from being so mad while me, mom, auntie and now dh are laughing so hard tears were coming and my stomache hurt. DH still had the camera on recording us laughing so hard. My aunts face was so red I thought she was going to have a heart attack.

.....when my Aunt calls on the phone and I answer she says "How are you Big Momma?" We still laugh about it everytime we talk about Disney or watch the home movie.

:funny: I can just picture it!! Accent and all! What a great story!

GrumpyFan
04-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Then she asked her about her family and she said and who is your momma... well DD pointed to me and this CM said in her in a thick accent... WOW YOU GOT A BIG MOMMA DON'T YOU!!.... and continues talking with DD.

Yes I did find it funny.. just the way it rolled out of this CM's mouth... WOW You Got A Big Momma..... " We still laugh about it everytime we talk about Disney or watch the home movie.

That's the spirit! Good for you!
It's good to see and hear about people CHOOSING to have fun regardless of the situation. Many people might have taken offense to that, but you chose to enjoy it in the spirit of fun as it was intended.

My own story.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were over by Alladdin's carpet ride, in one of the shops just killing time while our two kids were waiting to ride. At some point, Baloo the bear came out from the back of the store and bumped into my wife. They did a little "dance" to get around each other, and off he went for his meet and greet. Well, a short time later, out comes ANOTHER Baloo! We were a little confused, but shrugged and let it go. Not 2 minutes later, from the same direction the other 2 Baloo's went, one of them comes running back rather fast toward the store. It must have been the first Baloo because, once again, my wife got in his way. This time he threw his hands up in the air as if to say, "Hey, what's with you". My wife asked him, "what's your hurry Baloo", he quickly made a little kid immitation of having to go to the bathroom and his "friend" concurred, that he had to go to the bathroom.

It was all quite funny (to us at least). Too bad I didn't have my camera ready, it would have made some great pics. I guess somebody back stage got the schedule mixed up and they accidentally sent 2 of them on-stage at the same time. I can just imagine them getting to the meet n greet location and going "oh oh, looks like I'm already here".

poeticeclipse
04-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Star Wars Weekends of '07. 93 degrees and humid as all heck. Poor child.... (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/761.jpg)

If someone on this board is a parent to this little boy... God bless you. I had the best laugh of the day because of this.

Dulcee
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
A couple of years ago on ToT my Mom, Sister and I got into an elevator thats was filled entirerly with one other group of people. It looked like a big family reunion with people from 80 to 8 all obviously from the same family. The oldest women there (and I mean looked like an older 80 year old women, white hair hunched over) was sitting between to younger kids who were reassuring Grandma that ToT was nothing and that the drop was tiny and quick, she'd barely even notice. Well my family and I giggled to ourselves and waited for the drop to come. When the drops began everyone screamed as the first time went and once it stopped everyone got quiet and all you could hear was Grandma giggling hysterically. It was possibly the greatest response to ToT that I have ever heard.

Diznee4Me
04-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Star Wars Weekends of '07. 93 degrees and humid as all heck. Poor child.... (http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/761.jpg)

If someone on this board is a parent to this little boy... God bless you. I had the best laugh of the day because of this.

OHHHHH, that was toooo funny! Thanks for the laugh.

battle beast
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Being from Canada, it is SOMETIMES colder than in Florida, but what gets me ROTFLOL is when I see the temp in the 50's-70's and people are budled up like it's freezing cold - and I am in shorts! That just kills me! :D

I know you "southerners" are more used to warmer temps, but still... Tee Hee!

joonyer
04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
This happened a few years ago, I think it was our 3rd trip to WDW as a family. My two DS and I had ridden Primeval Whirl at AK before on earlier visits but my DW had never been on it, or paid much attention to it. Well, we talked her into riding it with us and I don't think she knew that the cars would release to spin around about halfway through the ride, apparently she thought it was a rather mild coaster. I didn't think she would be scared since she loves ToT and has no problem with the drops, and had also ridden BTMRR many times. Anyway, once we got around to the part of the ride where the car released and started spinning, it scared the bejeebers out of her :scared: and she started screaming, mostly at me. The boys though this was hysterical and started laughing uncontrollably. :funny: I got tickled at them laughing, and couldn't help myself and starting laughing hysterically :silly: also and the three of us couldn't stop laughing. This only made DW more angry :angry: on top of being scared, and she began to threaten what she was going to do to me in retaliation for leading her unsuspectingly onto this "horrible" ride. :rant: We were staying at WL on that trip and as we pulled back into the station to get off the ride, she said, in a loud voice, "(my name) you are sleeping in the hall (at WL) tonight!" It was obvious to the CM that DW was scared and mad,:flame: and the CM calmly said to me as we exited the car, "Would you like for me to call your hotel and get you another room, sir?" Which cracked us all up even more! (Best of all, I was running our video camera during the whole ride, so we have the whole thing on tape!) :photo:

Well, she forgave me and let me sleep in the room that night (I think I had to sleep with one of the boys) but now whenever we go back to WDW, my wife graciously rides Primeval Whirl with us, being a good sport, and we all laugh hysterically while she screams her way around the ride, and we relive a very fun(ny) memory. :woohoo:

Taja
04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Being from Canada, it is SOMETIMES colder than in Florida, but what gets me ROTFLOL is when I see the temp in the 50's-70's and people are budled up like it's freezing cold - and I am in shorts! That just kills me! :D

I know you "southerners" are more used to warmer temps, but still... Tee Hee!

Hey! I'm one of those people who freeze when the temperature drops below 70 degrees! *LOL*

Don't worry. We laugh just as much at the people who insist on wearing shorts when the temps are in the 40s. Never have figured out why someone would wear shorts and a sweatshirt/hoodie. My legs get just as cold as the rest of me! *LOL*

JMTStone
04-17-2008, 01:34 PM
On our last trip, we went to see Aladdin and Jasmine. Aladdin was asking my girls DD15 and DD6 about their "servants" meaning DH and ME! He asked if we carried them around and took care of all of their needs.... DD6 took this to heart and continued to call us her servants for the rest of the day, not really realizing what it meant... just LOVING the fact that she was cracking her older sister up. Her older sister even got her to call out from the toilet stall "servant, wipe my butt". Causing quite a few curious glances from the other patrons of the restroom.

Hayden's Dad
04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Her older sister even got her to call out from the toilet stall "servant, wipe my butt".

:rotfl::rotfl::funny::funny::laughing:

pink
04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Her older sister even got her to call out from the toilet stall "servant, wipe my butt". Causing quite a few curious glances from the other patrons of the restroom.

Very funny! These are all great stories- thanks for sharing.

My story- Our last trip in June was our first time watching the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and my younger brother (11) was put on the spot as one of the kids. He was so speechless and suprised because he didn't know that he had a chance of being picked. He was silent the whole time until one of the monsters asked him "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and he blurted out "I want your job!" It was so funny. :mickey:

Jasper
04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
The funny thing that I saw actually happened on a backstage tour. A number of years ago I attended a marketing seminar that Disney put on. During the course of the week we got backstage and pre-opening tours at all three of the parks that existed at that time. During our tour of the Magic Kingdom we were down in the costume shop and there was a CM trying to get her costume off. I think it was a raccoon from the Pocahontas movie. Anyway she was having a hard time reaching around to undo the zipper in the back so I walked over and pulled it down for her and then helped her pull the body of the costume off.

As I turned to rejoin the group the eyes of the seminar leader were the size of dinner plates. Apparently he didn't know why I was walking over to the Cast Member and thought something bad was about to happen. Naturally all of us in the tour group and the CM saw his reaction and we all burst out laughing. In reading this I know it doesn't sound that funny so maybe it is just one of those times when you had to be there to get the humor!

By the way, later on the seminar leader explained his look by saying that he had done that same tour many times and had seen many CM struggle getting their costumes off but had never had a guest actually walk over and lend a hand.

What made the whole thing really neat is that the the day before we had been talking in the seminar about ways to motivate people to go above and beyond the call of duty in their jobs and the seminar leader showed us a certificate that Disney had been handing out for many years when a CM was caught doing good things. So as a "reward" for helping the CM with her costume I was awarded one of those certificates. The seminar leader was a 30 year Disney veteran and said that he had never before heard of a non-CM getting one of those certificates! So apparently my certificate is something somewhat special.

JavaDuck
04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
This happended during my 1st visit to WDW over 10 years ago. I had just ridden TOT with a friend (who absolutely hated the ride). I loved it and immdediately got back in line for a 2nd ride. The 2nd time, I was sitting next to a young boy and his mom. The mom was asking the son, how scary the ride was. The son replied, not scary at all. We wind our way to the drop area. The elevator drops and all of sudden the mom grabs on to me and does not let go, even after the ride comes to a stop. At this point, the boy turns and says, "Mom, I think you can let go now, the ride is done!" Made me chuckle for the rest of the day.

Definitely, looking for my next ride on TOT in about 100 days. Heading back this August for my 2nd visit.

Gator
04-19-2008, 01:42 AM
On Kali River Rapids, an older man and his grandson were laughing as the raft was heading for a small geyser at the beginning of the ride. It turned off just as we got there, and the two were making remarks how they hoped we got wet. 2 seconds later, the geyser came on again COMPLETELY soaked them. The screaming was the best part. A sound that I couldn't convey on paper is what made it great. Of course, they got the tidal wave at the end and they were yelling at each other, blaming each other for going on Kali in the first place. Priceless.