PDA

View Full Version : Flower & Garden Festival

Meteora
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi all,
My parents are making a solo trip to Orlando on Saturday, and have decided to spend a day at Epcot (on my suggestion) to see the flowers. My mom is having some back issues and would like to avoid doing a ton of walking, so I'm trying to help her streamline their schedule. So, my question is--has anyone been this year? Are there any displays that are not to miss? They like topiaries, but they like just plain old flowers more. ;)
Also, is the shaved ice place in Japan open? I bet my dad would love it.

MsMin
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
We just came back from the F&GF and honestly I was a little disappointed in the flowers. Disney does such a wonderful job. Maybe we just take the flowers for granted b/c they are always so great; but, I didn't see that much so different from the typical flowers. I've seen the brochure PDF online that has the locations for the different gardens in WS. There are several activities to attend too. If walking is a problem they may want to indulge in a scooter for EPCOT or plan to take it slow. :flower:

Shugoondola
04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Also, is the shaved ice place in Japan open? I bet my dad would love it.

It was open in January. :tasty:

:mickey:

MauiMouse
04-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Kai Gori is still open in Japan. Love the stuff myself. :mickey:

I got back a month ago from my first Flower & Garden Festival. I would suggest that if they want to see the topiaries to take the Rose trail, or the pathway from Journey Into Imagination to World Showcase, they have some very cute Peter Pan topiaries. Also the Canada gardens are spectular, plus Snow White & 7 Dwarfs in Germany. There is another exhibit between France & Morocco if I remember correctly with outdoor gardening, that was kind of neat as well.

If you want to see some of my photos of this years Flower & Garden Festival you can click on my homepage. :thumbsup: