PDA

View Full Version : Room Amenities - Dish Soap, etc

Diz-Knee
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Good day. We are staying at BCV next week and in putting my list together I was wondering if they included dish soap? I assumed yes but wasn't sure. We have rented points through a DVC member so I know there is only housekeeping service a couple of times a week. Also, any other inightful suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks a bunch! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-16-2008, 11:02 AM
The answer is yes...I think. The dish soap definitely comes with 1BR and larger accomodations.

There was talk, very recently, about the removal of dish soap in the studios; they were trying to remove glass cups & ceramic mugs from studios, but now they've re-thought that decision (these items should be available on request from OKW and SSR, but standard in other DVC studios).

Not sure whatever happened to the dish soap discussion, however. :scratch: Remember, this applies to the studio accomodations only.

Where are you staying and in what sized accomodations??? That could help clarify the answer!

Diz-Knee
04-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! We are staying in a two-bedroom villa at the BCV.

What about coffee pots? Are they full size vs. the standard 4 cup in the hotel rooms?

And I also assumed I would need to bring laundry detergent if we needed to use the washer/dryer.

sillyolbear
04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I believe the coffee pots are the regular size not the 4 cup variety.

KineGirl
04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
They usually provide one of those boxes of powdered detergent (Tide I think) thats good for one load. We usually bring our own small bottle along with dryer sheets because as you mentioned mousekeeping only comes once every 4 days and we always have a load of towels it seems not to mention a load or 2 of laundry of our own. They also provide paper towels, dish washer soap and clean up rags. This is of course in the 1+ BR villas. They provide coffee but only a bag or two (single pot size) of caf & decaf each. They also have some sugar/dry creamer/stirrer pkgs so if youre like my DH & I who like to have a cup or 2 in the morning and then one in the evening - bring your own. We also bring our own creamer but then Im addicted to that white chocolate marshmallow creamer :D

Diz-Knee
04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback! Very helpful.

JMTStone
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Go to Wallmart to the "trial size" section and there you should find the sample laundry detergent. Make sure you don't buy the "sink" kind. I use one little All for a load so I bring two. I also put two dryer sheets in my luggage. I buy sample bleach for cleaning as well.

We order online at a grocery that delivers to the area Breakfast (we always eat in the room in shifts while everyone else gets ready) and some treats and snacks. DVC has an online order form for groceries as well.

You may want to bring some bubble bath since you'll have that jacuzzi tub. Kids love it!!!