PDA

View Full Version : Days left on unexpiring ticket

TinaT
04-16-2008, 07:43 AM
I have 2 days left on an unexpiring ticket. Could those 2 days be used toward the price of an annual pass? along with DVC discount? :confused:

CleveRocks
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
No, sorry. All MYW tickets, even tickets with the no expiration feature, can only be added to or upgraded within 14 days of the first use of the ticket.

McGoofy
04-16-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't know what the technical rule is, but here is a similar situation that we had, and how the CM dealt with it. I'm not saying that this is the way they always do it because it conflicts with what CleveRocks said. I am just saying this is how our situation was handled. That is the only experience that I can speak from. With that said...we had unused MYW tickets that we wanted to apply toward our annual pass purchase. We were renewing AP's, so we were supposed to get a renewal discount on our AP's as well. The CM told us that we could not use the MYW ticket cost toward our AP's AND get the discount. However, it was all semantics, and he decided to do something in the computer for us. He did two separate transactions for us. He refunded the days left on the MYW tickets to our credit card. That was a transaction all by itself. Then he rang up our AP's and gave us the renewal discount with that. He certainly didn't have to do it that way, but he was nice and he did. We were grateful. FYI, he did tell us that if we hadn't been getting the renewal discount, he could have just applied the MYW tickets straight to the purchase price of the AP.

CleveRocks
04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
What you experienced doesn't contradict anything I wrote. You used UNUSED tickets to upgrade. Tickets that were never used.

My comments concerned the fact that one can't upgrade tickets past 14 days after they are first used. Yours were never used.