PDA

View Full Version : Maximum tickets sold to Pirate & Princess Party?

dizniegyrl
04-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Does anyone know what the approximate capacity is for Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party? Also, are all the rides open or just a select few?

Thank you...

I've been an annual passholder to DLR for years, but I'm not familiar with Disney World at all! :mickey:

chrisb26
04-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Not sure what the limits are on the party however I can tell you that when I attended both the Halloween and Christmas parties and the park was very light I dont think they let all that many people in.

As for the rides most rides are open only a few are not like maybe jungle cruise

But If you click This link (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp) it will take you to the Pirate and Princess party page which will give a full list of attractions open :mickey:

I can't wait to go myself for the first time May 2nd!

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 08:37 AM
If it is the same as the MNSSHP and MVMCP it is pretty crowded on a sell out night. Not as crowded as say the week/weekend before Christmas, but more than you expect with a "limited" number of tickets. Almost all the rides are open. COP will be closed. A select few restaurants are open. Cosmic Rays has only one or two bays open(Sorry, no roast chicken).

Usually, I here about people walking on even the most popular rides, but sometimes not. We usually don't ride anything but take advantage of being able to meet characters that aren't normally out.

doodleboy
04-16-2008, 09:21 AM
I have been to MNSSHP party on sold out nights and found not issue with waiting for much of anything. Although my kids are 3 and 6, so we may be looking for different attractions than you. I thought I remeber reading somewhere that 15,000 is the limit of tickets sold for these events. I am sure the rep. will be able to give you that info. when you purchase.

mudpuppysmom
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
I want to say that I remember asking when I picked up our tickets at the window and the CM said (whispering) 20K was the limit, but I'm questioning my memory.

At any rate, it's still not the day crowds, so it feels pretty empty, especially around 11 pm when the crowd really thins out! Then you can virtually walk on everything around the whole park (the open things that is).

I will say that if you want something to eat, do it earlier in the night and they do close the places that are open.

Strmchsr
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM
You'll hear anywhere from 10K to 20K being the number of tickets for a party night, but there is no "official" number that is made public. Yes, they do have a limit. They just don't say what it is.

The issue is that one party nights, even sold out ones, the rides aren't too bad. However, the parade and fireworks can be quite packed.

dizniegyrl
04-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Thank you all for in the info! I'm so excited about this trip!:cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-16-2008, 10:58 AM
If you're planning to attend a P&P party, I'd expect anywhere between 3-10K. There is a limit, but I wouldn't expect it to get anywhere close.

They've traditionally been horribly slow (for Merch, anyways since). I'd expect for next year to see more changes and a different schedule again due to how poorly they've been doing this year. Disney is losing a lot of money on them between ops, payroll, entertainment, prizes, and the sort.

TheRustyScupper
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
1) E-Ride Nights were capped at 5,000 tickets.
2) Hard-Ticket parties started at 15,000.
3) The limit was increased to 20,000.
4) The limit was further increased to 22,000.

NOTE: P&P has never sold out. But, even at 15,000, it can be really crowded. This is because most activities take placed in only a few parts of MK. Some use this to their benefit so they can go on rides without waiting. But, this is a terrible waste of money.

snerd475
04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I can't wait to go myself for the first time May 2nd!

I'll be there on May 2nd, too, Chris! Look for the adult in the Cinderella dress, with the huge smile on her face!

Jeani :princess:

snerd475
04-16-2008, 09:17 PM
If you're planning to attend a P&P party, I'd expect anywhere between 3-10K. There is a limit, but I wouldn't expect it to get anywhere close.

They've traditionally been horribly slow (for Merch, anyways since). I'd expect for next year to see more changes and a different schedule again due to how poorly they've been doing this year. Disney is losing a lot of money on them between ops, payroll, entertainment, prizes, and the sort.

Hey, Jessica,

Hoping to catch you the next time, May 2nd! I'll go all through the Emporium like I did last time, looking for "Jessica". Look for Cinderella!

jeani

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Yay!

Oh! Wait - I won't be there! I'll be off that weekend since my family is visiting and we are staying at OKW. We'll most likely be at another park that day! :sob:

I'm sorry! Maybe we can try to figure something else out!