PDA

View Full Version : Ideas To Re-vamp 2nd Half Of Spaceship Earth

Arnold Simba
04-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Please pardon me for repeating this post. Although I posted this already in a discussion about Spaceship Earth, I wanted to create a separate thread for ideas. Thank you for your kindness.

Here's my "rough" idea for re-vamping the 2nd half of Spaceship Earth. If Disney ends up using it, I want a job!! lol

As it stands, the time machine vehicle reverses 180 degrees at the top for it's backwards decent to the bottom. What I would do is have the vehicle decend into a "tunnel", similar to what "Dream Flight" or "World Of Motion" once had. Remember the "tunnels" where with visuals, sound, and even wind effects they made the vehicles seem to be speeding down a ski slope, etc.? Use that effect, but as a visual use something akin to the visuals of the Time Transporter on the Star Trek episode "City On The Edge Of Forever." Remember how Kirk and Spock were watching the time portal, watching history play before their eyes? Have it where the tunnel is a 360 degree all-encompassing visual where you ARE a time machine vehicle travelling through the distant past to the present. It would be a 4-6 minute (I don't know the number of minutes it takes to decend) time trip from the past back to the present, actually travelling through tableaus like you're at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, FDR's fireside chats, Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech, etc. The visuals, the sounds, etc. all make you feel like you're in the crowd travelling through time.

Well, Disney, do I get a job??? Please????? lol

Toad
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Recreate the "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite" sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Mickey91
04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Play Tomorrow's Child while we head through a tunnel of colored lights and see a beautiful lighted city of communication...:mickey:

JerseyDad
04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
....here's a (my) thought:

....put it back the way it was. To cite a very eloquent and thought provoking quote:

"If it ain't broke...don't fix it!!"

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM

....put it back the way it was.

:ditto:

Marker
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM

I'm going to kind of agree, except I'm going to say that I don't think there's anything wrong with it now. I liked the interactive touch.

I really kind of feel that it's biggest hardship is merely that it's different. But I really like the upgrade.

My only question is still about the paperboy that's standing back in the corner.

autumn
04-18-2008, 05:58 PM
re: the paper boy in the corner.

i was wondering that, too. my husband said that the screenpicture on the wall behind him is of a city street, and that he is upposed to be selling papers to them, not to us anymore. i looked the next couple times we rode, and i think he is right. it's not very well done, though. the image is confusing, at best.

Darin M
04-19-2008, 04:41 PM
When we come back down, we should go through a scary tunnel, like the one in Willy Wonka.

Seriously, the second half of the trip should show stuff from the opening day of Epcot and other Disney Parks. This way, when you get off, you're antsy for more Disney.

azdisneymom
04-20-2008, 10:20 AM

....put it back the way it was. To cite a very eloquent and thought provoking quote:

Ditto! But I would keep the touch screens, they are good for a laugh.

cal5755
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
When we come back down, we should go through a scary tunnel, like the one in Willy Wonka.

Seriously, the second half of the trip should show stuff from the opening day of Epcot and other Disney Parks. This way, when you get off, you're antsy for more Disney.

That is a great idea... I would love to see old clips of WDW parks right through to things they may try in the future!!

I like the idea of the scary willy wonka too but then it wouldnt be a ride for the whole family.

I can't really give an idea yet because I have not seen the new update. I am thinking most negativity is because of the idea that it is a change though and change is difficult for disney addicts lol. I think we will miss the kids talking on the computers but as my DS12 said last time we rode it "mom we can do this now so what do we look forward to for the future?"

Can't wait to see the updated version.