PDA

View Full Version : Faxing requests

tys_mommy
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Is it still advised to fax requests to the campground even if they have been noted when making your reservation? If so should I address it to anyone’s attention and what is the fax number to Ft. Wilderness? Thanks in advance!

We are pulling out in less than 47 hours now :cloud9: (but who's counting)

gardenia
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
If the request is already noted on your ressie, I can't think of any reason why you should fax. They have the information.

We're going to FW in 24 days, can't wait!

NJ Camper
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
This is something i've never heard of i always just request a site while i'm booking and don't have a problem

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
We still do it! I don't rely on them getting the information and using it. I have always had good luck when I fax in a request about 4 days prior. The last time I decided not to do it we were staying at Pop and didn't get anything I had requested when I made the reservation. I usually get a least something granted when I fax in a request. I request a specific floor, location (close to parking lot), building etc. It can't hurt.

WDWdriver
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
The FW front desk fax number is 407-824-3508.

tys_mommy
04-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling the front desk yesterday and spoke with a very nice CM. When I asked to have a request added to my reservation she read off the 2 loops I had requested previously - so they had received the information from my original booking. I asked her to add that we would like to be at the end of the loop near the bus stops and she added it. We'll cross our fingers and see. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get an upgrade to a preferred site so we could just walk to the marina but with no luck.

AuntLaura
04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know whether the FAX number to FW has changed from what is in Info Central? I've never had any problems before, but recently did. We had reservations for 2 cabins for a stay the first week of April. I faxed a request on Tuesday for a Friday arrival, asking for them to be in the same loop. It didn't work. The cabins were in different loops. Maybe I should have faxed it on Sunday or Monday. Thanks.

WDWdriver
04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
The fax number listed in Info Central is correct. As stated above, the number is (407) 824-3508.

TheMartellFamily
04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
We do this no matter what resort we stay at. We fax 3-4 days prior to our visit.

faline
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I've never had any problems before, but recently did.

It's hard to know for sure but it has been reported that Disney has been overwhelmed with faxed requests and no longer pays any attention to such requests due to the volume received.

casey@bat
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
We have never gotten the loop we requested and always book a year and 4 months ahead. But, I have never called or faxed right before we go. Maybe that does make a difference.

I always want loop 100 and have never gotten to camp there. Why? even 200 would be good.

Laughin' place
04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I faxed and phoned yesterday, requesting certain cabin numbers on a certain loop. The cast member I spoke with was pleasant and very positive. I will refax and rephone about one week out ( the countdown today is at T minus 37 days , whoooo hoooo ):number1:

tys_mommy
04-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Just as a note, we were placed in the loop that was our first preference - I had made the request when I made our reservations and then called a couple of days out from arriving - was told by the CM that she saw the note already on our reservation.