PDA

View Full Version : DVD Background Music Suggestions Wanted

rjmdds
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi. I am trying to make a DVD of photo images from our last trip. I am a novice at this. I need some recommendations for good Disney songs for background music. There are some songs that my kids love that I will put in, but I need some suggestions for others.

Thanks

EpcotChic23
04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I did the exact thing 3 years ago. The 3 songs I used were "Tomorrow's Child" from Space Ship Earth", Fantasmic Finale, and Parts of Wishes. I would also recommend if you have the CD "Magic in the Streets" I bouught it at WDW maybe 4 years ago there are some wonderful songs on it like The Suit of Dreams there is about 5 of them they always bring a tear to my eye. Good luck with this project I treasure mine.

Tick-Tock
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
"Golden Dreams" from the American Adventure.
Something from the Spectromagic soundtrack.

Cinderelley
04-16-2008, 04:32 AM
What types of pictures are you looking to put music too? Do you want it strictly Disney? I've mixed up the music for the ones I've done. For our Pop Century pictures, I used "1970 Something". For some Mickey pictures, I've used the song that goes "Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind." Sorry, can't think of the name of it. Used "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" for pictures at the Luau and pictures of the Poly. I used Oasis Garden for AK pictures. Hmm, I don't remember what else I've used.

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Parts of the Illuminations soundtrack works great! :mickey:

LittleSpirit02
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Some possibilities:

- "Main Street USA Area Loop
- "We've Just Begun to Dream" - EPCOT
- EPCOT Main Entrance Medley
- Reflections of Earth (Illuminations)
- Castle Medley (Magic Kingdom)
- Great Movie Ride Area Loop
- Tower of Terror Music Loop

Of course, any combination would also work. You could fade into a new song for each park's photos and have that song match the park.

ILoveLegos
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Use music that brings a smile to your face each time you hear it. Then it's super special when you associate those sounds with your loved ones. I've made movies of part of Disney trips that my family has taken over the past 32 years, and not all of the music is Disney in origin. Pick songs that are special to you whether they are Disney or not. For instance, when we were kids the Coconut (Lime in the Coconut) song made us laugh so it became a sort of theme song for us on long car trips. So I just had to include that song on the DVD. It's all part of the fabric in which memories are made, so weave away.

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
"When You Wish Upon a Star"
"Zippadeedooda"
"Whistle While You Work"
"You Can Fly"
"Main Street USA Loop"

Kairi_7378
04-16-2008, 11:01 PM
How about a part of the Fantasmic music? That introduction is great. Or Horay for Hollywood (Gershwin) for MGM pictures?

DisneyDudet
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
I have been thinking about doing this too. I like the Disney Mania CD's, and can just picture using a lot of those songs on a movie for me!

Park music is fun, and my TRUE obsession, but the Disney Mania songs are so upbeat and fun, and that is what I'd use!

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
I saw something on You Tube that someone had Wishes as some of the background music...I thought that it was very touching...:mickey: